News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

QuranConnection.com Chat - Join in

Started by Wakas, October 27, 2008, 04:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lena

What GMT time is your Oz chat? I am a regular visitor to OZ, from across the ditch! Currently working in Middle East but often pass thru and stop off in OZ  on my way home to Kiwi land.

Wakas

The last communication to members was sent May 2011:

Quotepeace/salaam all,

Every Saturday: group chat.

http://quranconnection.com/chat.html

Saturday 9pm UK time.
Which would be:
California, USA 1pm
New York, USA 4pm
Sunday, Queensland, Australia 6am
Sunday, Pakistan 2am

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Make friends, connect, etc.

Also, please note, it is a very good idea to add information to your profiles AND select the correct privacy setting if you would like other members to able to contact you etc.

I will re-send the above to members.

When the chats were regular, they would usually last a few hours, so there is a reasonable window of time to chat.

Also anyone can join in, even non-members, just go to: http://quranconnection.com/chat.html
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Affy77

Salam Wakas,

How is one able to join the QC site? I would really like to if i could get an invite?

Peace

A
"To Allah we belong and to him is our return" 2:155

Wakas

w/salaam,

I have sent an invite to your email.

The site is not really active now, and will be closed within the next 2 years. But there are over 500 members to network with etc if one wishes to, as their emails are likely still active.

One can now use sites such as facebook etc.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

mohf

I'd like to join too, but need an invite? I'm not sure why an invite is needed? Why not just allow everyone to join?
Hello World!

es

Oh, I'm confused   :confused:  (Again,  Wakas! )  :(

Wakas

It's simple!

When you register a domain, you opt to register it for a set number of years. For QuranConnection.com this will expire within 18 months after which it will not be renewed by the site creators/hosts (myself and others). Thus, the site will not exist after that.

Of course, others could register it and create/run such a site - if anyone is interested in that, let me know.

People can do the same type of networking on forums and facebook etc so the QC site is not as crucial as it was when it was first conceived (before facebook even existed I might add). For example, there are several quran based islam forums and many facebook groups now.

The chat link will function until the site expires: http://quranconnection.com/chat.html
After which is a simple process to change the chat link and let people on here know etc.

mohf I have sent you a request.

mohf

Wakas, doss that mean that the website is not used at all?

I understand that you'd close the website, but, maybe the reason it's barely used is not because of facebook, but because of so little users?

After registering, this is what I get:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Disk quota exceeded in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 97

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/index.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 99

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 100

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/menu_subheader_left.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/header_bcg.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/shadow_left.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/header_bcg_line.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/spacer.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/menu_bullet.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/settings.xml) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/shadow_right_bottom.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/screenshot.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/menu_subheader_right.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/background.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/shadow_right.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/shadow_left_bottom.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/menu_subheader_bcg.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: copy(/home/aalmakto/public_html/profiles/109228/index.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php on line 107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php:97) in /home/aalmakto/public_html/functions/build_functions.php on line 241

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php:97) in /home/aalmakto/public_html/functions/build_functions.php on line 251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php:97) in /home/aalmakto/public_html/functions/build_functions.php on line 253

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php:97) in /home/aalmakto/public_html/functions/build_functions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aalmakto/public_html/classes/Member.class.php:97) in /home/aalmakto/public_html/functions/build_functions.php on line 257

Mailbox | Calendar | Bookmarks | History | My Profile | IM Manager |
My Profile | Blogs | Classifieds | Events | Clubs | Chat | Search | Counselling | Polls | Guidelines
You will receive your verification code to your email which you just specified. Either put it in the box below or close this window and click on a verification link.
Please put the verification code to the box below:
Verification code

You may receive your verification email to your junk mailbox.