Author Topic: Is Alcohol Haraam?  (Read 1995 times)

ibelieveinitonly

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Is Alcohol Haraam?
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »
Hello,
I'd like to know if alcohol is haraam. I know that there are different opinions about this amoung those who follow just the Quran. I'd like to read some of them please.

Thanks!

Mr Deen

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Is Alcohol Haraam?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »
The Quran forbids it.
It does seem to be that people of satanic ways, are often advocates of fixed ideals/idols, non-thinking, that reduces to behaviour that signs of wanting sex, either as a male or female spirit. "Always willing".

While religious texts, state, be not lustful, and advocate, progression, growth, and letting one evolve, think, reflect. Appreciate. Be intelligent, not go against oneself.

And ofcourse experience something so much higher; Peaceful interaction, and the worship of God.

Peace.

anthonywallace

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:37:57 AM »
Hello,
I'd like to know if alcohol is haraam. I know that there are different opinions about this amoung those who follow just the Quran. I'd like to read some of them please.

Thanks!

In them is great harm, and a benifit for the people, but there harm is greater than there benifit.

I do not find in what is inspired to me forbbiden except that it already be dead, or blood, or the meat of pig, for it is foul. Or what was corruptly dedicated to other than God.

http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9596774.msg172940#msg172940

:peace:
I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner.

Mr Deen

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:42:46 AM »
? O you who believe! Truly, intoxicants and gambling and divination by arrows are an abomination of Satan's doing: avoid it in order that you may be successful * Assuredly Satan desires to sow enmity and hatred among you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not then desist?? (5:90-91)
It does seem to be that people of satanic ways, are often advocates of fixed ideals/idols, non-thinking, that reduces to behaviour that signs of wanting sex, either as a male or female spirit. "Always willing".

While religious texts, state, be not lustful, and advocate, progression, growth, and letting one evolve, think, reflect. Appreciate. Be intelligent, not go against oneself.

And ofcourse experience something so much higher; Peaceful interaction, and the worship of God.

Peace.

Bigmo

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »
? O you who believe! Truly, intoxicants and gambling and divination by arrows are an abomination of Satan's doing: avoid it in order that you may be successful * Assuredly Satan desires to sow enmity and hatred among you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not then desist?? (5:90-91)

By what is the "it" in avoid it? It did not say avoid them, so the "it" could be something else like Satan
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

anthonywallace

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »

Another thing is " in" them is sin.  i do not find were "it is" a sin to drink. There is sin in it ( can lead to sin, ect...), but I do not find that drinking is a sin...?

Example the Quran tells us that adultry is a sin and bad path. But it doesnt say that " in" adultry is sin, but it says that adulrty is sin.

I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner.

Bigmo

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »
Another thing is " in" them is sin.  i do not find were "it is" a sin to drink. There is sin in it ( can lead to sin, ect...), but I do not find that drinking is a sin...?

Example the Quran tells us that adultry is a sin and bad path. But it doesnt say that " in" adultry is sin, but it says that adulrty is sin.

Good point
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

nerspi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »
peace

it's not actually prohibited. and it doesn't just talk about alcohol, rather all intoxicants, which covers a lot of ground. a job can be intoxicating, food, sex, watching movies, internet and alcohol yes... but all those things are not prohibited, it's the 'intoxicating' part that we should stay away from. if you don't get drunk from alcohol or if the rest of intoxicants i listed there don't really cloud your mind and take you away from remembering God... then that's no harm.

but if any of those things stand in a way of you being a good muslim and benefiting the world and your own self then that's bad, but it don't mean you should not stay away from those things, just don't let them take control of you, don't let them cloud your mind.

Alen

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +11/-2
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 04:39:24 AM »
Peace,
Respectfully.

Why spend money on alcohol, when you can help the porr, the orphan, th eneedy, relatives, help yourself?
What is alcohol? Water? Sugar? Intoxicant that has no real goal? What is achieved with that awful smell from it?

Peace. :jedi:
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »
peace all,

The translation of 5:90-91 was discussed in detail in the past and the conclusion was that the "avoid it" refers to "satan".

Also, the specific word "haraam" is not associated with intoxicants, however it is labelled as an "abomination". If I recall correctly, the Arabic is "rijsun", and I strongly recommend researching what other things are called "rijsun" and you will see they are significant. I believe brothers Arnold or Edip wrote about this.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org