About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU PERFORM SALAT?

Started by MUNZIR ALI, June 16, 2009, 11:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsws1988

Peace

Welcome to Free Minds Jeanne!

I understand what you mean. It is difficult finding a place to pray in the daytime and when you do find a corner you can never fully concentrate and take your time. It isn't about rushing an empty ritual. It is a personal connection with God that has to come from your heart and soul and 24:58 tells us when our private times are.
Do you pray traditionally?

God bless

Alen

Quote from: MUNZIR ALI on June 16, 2009, 11:54:24 AM
JUST ASKING..

Peace,
Respectfully.

I believe there are two mentioned in The Quran - dawn and sunset, so i pray those but if there is time and occassion, i pray more. I pray shorter now that i don't have a permanent location but when i get one, then longer, God willing.
Needless to say, we should pray more and more.

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

jsumbu

Quote from: nsws1988 on June 18, 2009, 11:00:12 AM
Peace

I understand what you mean. It is difficult finding a place to pray in the daytime and when you do find a corner you can never fully concentrate and take your time. It isn't about rushing an empty ritual. It is a personal connection with God that has to come from your heart and soul and 24:58 tells us when our private times are.

God bless

Not exactly. I'm trying different things in order to figure out what is "correct."  I perform the positions in the order they were prescribed and recite the few things I've committed to memory--Chapter 1, some of Abraham's prayers, the tashahund (not the one with Muhammed). Once in the sitting position between sujuds, I meditate on the letters at the beginning of the chapters(usually Alif, Lam, Mim). Then I read aloud a few verses at a time from the Quran. I spend just over ten minutes. I have no idea how many 'rakas' I do now.

Bigmo

Quote from: nsws1988 on June 18, 2009, 11:00:12 AM
Peace

God bless

Good  point.
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe