News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

GOD

Started by Mr Deen, July 14, 2008, 10:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFajr

Quote from: huruf on July 23, 2008, 04:14:49 AM
Great, beautiful, comforting quotes, aalmakto.

Thanks, salaam
Salaam
No problem :)
No matter how far you have gone down the wrong path, turn around.
Some helpful links.

[url="http://corpus.quran.com/"]http://corpus.quran.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm"]http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm[/url]

Ahmad Bilal

Quote from: aalmakto on July 20, 2008, 05:47:58 PM
Salaam,

7:180 And to God belong the beautiful names, so call Him by them; and ignore those who blaspheme in His names. They will be punished for what they used to do.

20:8 God, there is no god but He, to Him are the beautiful names.

59:24 He is God; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the Earth. He is the Noble, the Wise.

Peace.

This is a great post, very enlightening.
"The true delight is in the finding out, rather than in the knowing." - Isaac Asimov

Mr Deen

Gloryfing him, or similar phrases, those who glorify the name of their lord, could probably better be translated as, praising the lord.
It does seem to be that people of satanic ways, are often advocates of fixed ideals/idols, non-thinking, that reduces to behaviour that signs of wanting sex, either as a male or female spirit. "Always willing".

While religious texts, state, be not lustful, and advocate, progression, growth, and letting one evolve, think, reflect. Appreciate. Be intelligent, not go against oneself.

And ofcourse experience something so much higher; Peaceful interaction, and the worship of God.

Peace.

Joe Betik

salaam

God ... where is He?

peace

jb
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah

Soof

Peace

I believe God is Emmanent as well as Transcendent. That's not to mean God is the rain or God is the Sun, rather everything is God's will manifest leading us to be all connected to God. Even though he may not manifest himself in a singular entity we can see, His signs and His Light are everywhere.

To Allah belong the east and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is all-Pervading, all-Knowing.
2:115
"Asalaamu Alaikum my brother" - Friend
"No peace be unto you brother, peace be unto you." - Malcolm X

Mr Deen

I do believe that, try to keep you mind with God, and the Quran, and eventually you will come closer to him.
It does seem to be that people of satanic ways, are often advocates of fixed ideals/idols, non-thinking, that reduces to behaviour that signs of wanting sex, either as a male or female spirit. "Always willing".

While religious texts, state, be not lustful, and advocate, progression, growth, and letting one evolve, think, reflect. Appreciate. Be intelligent, not go against oneself.

And ofcourse experience something so much higher; Peaceful interaction, and the worship of God.

Peace.

anthonywallace

Quote from: Joe Betik on July 29, 2008, 04:09:58 AM
salaam

God ... where is He?

peace

jb

God is in heaven.

Quote from: Joe Betik on July 20, 2008, 08:38:03 AM
salaam

does God has a name?

:-[
jb

His name is the Lord.

I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner.

Joe Betik

salaam

so, His is in a 'place'?
n that place is called 'haven'?

but, what n where is haven?

peace

jb - the idiot.

- Idries Shah

anthonywallace

Quote from: Joe Betik on July 30, 2008, 12:46:40 PM

so, His is in a 'place'?
n that place is called 'haven'?

but, what n where is haven?

Yes, from my understandin. Heaven is above.

67:16 Are you secure that the One in heaven will not cause the Earth to rupture, thus causing it to shake?
67:17 Or are you secure that the One in heaven will not send upon you a violent storm? Then you will know the value of the warning.

Peace,
I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner.

Joe Betik

salaam

mr wallace,
but to suggest He is 'up there' is contary to 2.144.

and mr deen,
i am a bit confused here - you say that His name is 'the Lord.'
is that not His position, or status?
when one says, "the name of the director is spielberg," is the name 'the director' or 'spielberg'?

peace

jb - the idiot.

- Idries Shah