News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Original/Earliest Quran

Started by Gentile, September 11, 2003, 07:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentile

Hey John, yes it is perfectly possible seeing that at the time of Muhamad a language distinct from the commonly spoken Syriac which we now label as 'Arabic' was maybe only in its early development stages, as being distinct from Syriac. I think thus we need to consider Syriac word-meanings too in our intrepretations. That is, unless there is a Quran out there distinct from our regular Cairo edition that we all use. I would say the same would go for one studying Italian, surely reference to Latin dictionaries would help word understanding don't you think? :wink:

KaafLaam

A book of whatsoever it may be a Novel, Barney and Bed Time story books, IT IS ONLY A REMINDER! As address book dose!

A picture is worth of thousand words!

The old and the new text written in the book of the Quran are not the actual Quranic Ayahs.

All the AYAHs of the Quran are outside the book, any person who got EYES will see the still-original Quran Ayahs manifested to begin within him/her self and around any premises he/she dwells between the sky and the earth!

Only those who can see the manifested original Ayahs can notice any differences between the old and the new Quran Arabic text.

The good news is the original Ayahs are not written in Arabic language, but (The international language) the vision - seening - A picture is worth of thousand words!

Reference: Suratul Yusuf:  12:105-106]

And how many Signs in the heavens and the earth do they pass by? Yet they turn (their faces) away from them! [Yusuf 12:105]

Is there any one can modify those above-mentioned ayahs by ancient or modern human being? All ayahs are protected! Guaranteed!

And most of them believe not in Allah without associating (other as partners) with Him! [Yusuf 12:106]

Please do not exhaust your effort in finding original Quran text!
The Quran text is only a reminder and bonus for believers.

Assalam Alaikum

Kaaflaam

Gentile

Peace with you too kaaflaam. What you say is right in terms of the EXISTENCE of God, indeed his signs are all around us, but it is still vital to find the most authentic scripture for us to work from because we are not merely concerned with God's existence, but also his rules for living, the lessons we learn from the lives of his chosen individuals etc. All of these things need to be known from words don't you think? :roll:

mozmahe

Peace Gentile,

You will find a quran manuscript at the British Museum dating from the first century after Muhammad. I do not know whether it is available for public use.

Anyway, My view on the Quran's authenticity is not looking for its source but judging its content and finding contradictions and flaws. This is according to me, how the quran can be examined.

Wassallam.

Gentile

Mozmahe, do you know whether this is the complete Quran or just a portion of it? Do you have a reference number for it at all?

mozmahe

Peace Gentile,

I do not have the answer to your question. However, I have always thought that that Quran at the British Museum is a full copy.

I am not in the UK anymore, and being there Gentile, check on it and enlighten us all here. Hope you are a Londoner or stay close to London where you can check that for us.

Regards

nishat

they say that the copy (mushaf) at Topkapi Palace, Istanbul, Turkey is the oldest along with the one in Tashkent museum.

Either one of these is rumoured to have Ali's [P.B.U.H.] blood on it as he was murdered while reading this copy  :shock:

anyway these are the oldest copies of Quran existing by consensus. The Ottoman's kept their copy written in Kufic script (thus the Iraqi (Ali) connection). A lot of people have tried to date these mushafs to no avail since the respective Turkish and Uzbek Govt's are so repressive.

you might want to look into these 2. The Topkapi copy has been mutilated in the past unfortunately.

peace
nishat