Author Topic: Sura Al Rahmaan... AGAIN :)  (Read 2298 times)

tough

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Sura Al Rahmaan... AGAIN :)
« on: November 06, 2003, 01:35:35 PM »
Here is my THOUGHT (and again: thought only) about Sura 55 (I apologize if you read it the second time)

I really wanted some feedbacks/other thoughts/scenarios/opinions, but it seems I didn't get much feedback, those I got were generally negative...

I'm about to decide that it's very subjective (due to my Chemistry education, I think)

What do you think? Why does God repeat the same verse over and over?

(Edit: I'm sorry, I think this should be in "Science and the Quran" forum, if anybody can move it there, I'll be really glad.)

----------------
Which of your Lord's marvels can you deny?

This verse is repeated exactly 31 times in Sura 55, in almost regular intervals.

I wondered why. Is it because the verse is saying a very important thing? Maybe.

What if God did it to make us pay attention to repeating itself, giving a clue about "repeating" things, perhaps the frequency of something, or perhaps the "frequency" itself?

Sura Rahman is the 55. sura, and has 78 verses.
Cesium element is the 55. element, and has 78 neutrons (which is the only stable isotope)

There is no other sura in Quran with this properties (there are some similar ones, but not like this).
I think that repeating the same verse over and over can be a clue for one of the uses of Cesium.

By the way, it can be noted at this point that the atomic weight (the sum of protons and neutrons) of Cesium is
(55 + 78) 133, which is 19 x 7, which is of course at the same time the sum of sura number and the number of verses
for Sura 55. The Number 19 has a special number in the context of Quran, and the number 7 has a special meaning
in the context of atomic structure (in that, it is the number of quantized energy levels in any atom).

55:5 The sun and the moon are perfectly calculated.

This verse seems to be a message that the (movement of the) sun and the moon are (or perhaps can be) calculated precisely.
This is a message for us, who calculated time based on the movement of earth, sun and moon, until 1967.

That year, the time unit "second" was redefined internationally based on repeating electron transitions in Cesium-133:

"the duration of 9,192,631,770 cycles of microwave light absorbed or emitted by the hyperfine transition of cesium-133 atoms in their ground state undisturbed by external fields"

It can be thought as the vibration frequency of Cesium-133, to the layman.

Cesium clock is one of the most precise clocks in the Earth (and probably in whole Universe). It measures with an accuracy of 1 second in 1.4 million years.
It is the most accurate realization of a unit that mankind has yet achieved, according to this page

(more information here and here, more detailed information for the interested is in any inorganic chemistry textbook)

As a conclusion, I'm saying that there seems to be a conceptual relation between the repeating pattern in Sura 55 with 78 verses,
and the repeating pattern in Element 55 with 78 neutrons.

Rahmaan, who constructed the sky and established the law (55:7), definitely knows "sky blue" (Cesium) can be used to very precisely
(perfectly) calculate the movement of the sun and the moon, as said in 55:5.

I don't know if there exists any mathematical relation between Sura Rahman and Cesium element (or the frequencies in them).

Could you give feedback? What do you think?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 06:12:52 PM »
peace,

Interesting observation.

It can be thought as the vibration frequency of Cesium-133, to the layman.

Thanks for the clarification.  :D

Wakas
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

truth

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +7/-6
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 03:14:38 PM »
I just remembered one other thing about Caesium here.

When placed in water it is explosive as it is the most electropositive element in nature. A small piece (less than a gram) would be able to cause an explosion heard 4 miles away.

It has a gold colour and is one of the few metals that is liquid at room temperature (the others are mercury and gallium). A very unique element. It is used in fireworks and is able to form a diverse number of colours when its various salts are ignited.

Now the interesting thing is that someone had interpreted Al-Rahman as being Almighty (or in my words All Powerful). This would fit with caesiums ability to have an explosive/powerful aspect and yet it is a soft metal that is liquid when warmed in ones hand (it is normally sealed in glass ampoules as the moisture in air even would cause it to explode). It is the MOST explosive/powerful element there is.

I think the discovery is a good one and most definitely worthy of being written up as a scientific miracle.

With my best wishes
OC

"the Knower of the Unseen, and He reveals unto none His secret,
Save unto a messenger whom He has chosen, and He made an affirmer to proceed him and another to follow him.
That He may know that they have indeed conveyed the messages of their Lord. He is cognizant of all their doings, and He keeps account of all things."

72:26-28

Sarat

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 07:40:18 PM »
Peace,

You almost make me want to study chemistry.  :D