Author Topic: Peace to ALL.  (Read 7120 times)

Kate

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 10:51:06 PM »
Peace,

And to give some upliftment, You Guys, I have never before read the Quran like I am now !!!!!!!!! Its so cool, my ALLAH, I have a brain and I get to apply it . Before Hadith were filling my head, its so true that the fabrications start to overun you. All of a sudden the Quran is making sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duh!! :roll:
all roads lead to detroit

zenje

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-1
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 10:56:51 PM »
Peace Kate,
...Only the hadiths that have no basis in Quran....

It's funny you mention this, but we're having this same debate on another thread right now!
Anyway, personally, I have no space for hadith in my life. The Qur'an has reserved and used up all the seats on this flight! :D
I loved your story about how you came to God Alone, especially the part you said...
Last nite as I read this forum and the home page I felt completly free for the first time

:D
Peace!... and Welcome!
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

TheNabi

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +12/-1
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 11:11:59 PM »
Peace Kate

There is nothing wrong with Hadith, some can be sensible, and others not of course.

So has anyone thought about the idea of gather all Quran related hadiths. Even if this would be a way of Dawah. To show the people the difference between fabricated and acutal Quran hadiths???????????? A lot of work !!!!

Even if these Ahadith do agree with the Quran, that does not mean they are actually the spoken words of Muhammad, they may be however, but I believe there is a very low percentage that they are his actual words.

Take care.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Tony

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 10:13:39 AM »
How I came to God Alone, Quran Alone?

I went to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia June of 1998 to work. I was into the bible then, thinking that it is the book of all books. A year later, I was debating with a sunni and I was beaten black and blue. I converted to Sunni Islam in November of 1999. December 1999 I went back home to the Philippines a new man. Being jobless back in my homeland, I had nothing to do but surf the internet and I stumbled across an Islamic site. I never knew what Quran alone meant then. Something's wrong with their exchange of ideas, i thought. The Muslims I know don't talk like this! They dislike hadiths! I tried debating with them. Again I lost. September 2000, I trashed all hadith and sunnah.

Whew! What a relief! Never again will I be burdened of forcing my two left handed children of using their right hands, or making sure that I step my left foot first in the bathroom and all that  foolish stuff. God freed me from the burden of idolatry.

But of course,  if you claim to be a believer, you will be tested.

Inshallah, I hope to pass the test(s).

Sarat

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2003, 04:48:23 PM »
Peace,

Interesting Ive met few people that actually accept the fact that they have lost a debate. I heard that its a true sign of wisdom however.

AMS377

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 09:26:03 PM »
Salaam Tony,
I was curious about your dialogue with that Sunni Muslim that initially led you to Islam. What exactly changed your view?
Witness before all eyes, the evidence of unseen
The power past the comprehension that controls all things - Mos Def

Tony

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 10:46:42 PM »
He was a fierce anti-Christian. He criticised my former god, Jesus. For how can he be god when he dies, when he prays, when he has a lot of weaknesses, when Satan carries him around. I was stumbling for answers.

It wasn't actually the dialogue that led me to Islam. I was fascinated by it. How people pray in unison and their piety attracted me to it. But when I read in some pamphlet that the Quran is unchanged since Muhammad, that was the turning point. Immediately, I told Ali (his name), "Get me to the Islamic Center! Quick! He was all smiles.

That was 3 years ago. He was my best friend. If we meet each other again, I know he would be utterly surprised (and aghast) at the things I've learned the past three years. I am sure he won't win our debate again, and this time, he will be the one groping for answers. He might even consider me an enemy.

ContemporaryDog

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2003, 11:13:15 AM »
I find it greatly heartening to read the views of those on this site, as a non-muslim.  I was guided here by a muslim poster from another site... I think that if all muslims shared these kinds of views, it would put  alot of nonmuslims' minds at rest.

ContemporaryDog

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2003, 11:18:04 AM »
"Whew! What a relief! Never again will I be burdened of forcing my two left handed children of using their right hands, or making sure that I step my left foot first in the bathroom and all that  foolish stuff. God freed me from the burden of idolatry."

Yes, this is the sort of thing I just find totally insane.  As if god woul want us to be so ludicrously shackled!  God gave us free will to make us free.  he also gave us the impetus to follow a moral code - to not kill, not steal, not drink to excess, not do harm to others, to be faithful in relationships, etc.  I do not folow a religion, but I believe in god as an energy force, a life force, something far and above anything we could possibly imagine...

esimsek100

• Apprentice
  • Karma +2/-1
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2003, 08:57:13 AM »
he also gave us the impetus to follow a moral code - to not kill, not steal, not drink to excess, not do harm to others, to be faithful in relationships, etc.

I don't agree. To our own kind we don't do anything bad. When I say own kind I mean immediate family.

But as far as not killing, not stealing, no harm unto others goes, I have to disagree.

We are hunters, we are competitors, and we are poachers.

Our natural instincts have made us this way. Religion is a ideal into controlling these natural instincts to create a better world for us all.
A wise man changes his mind, a fool never does!