Author Topic: Peace to ALL.  (Read 6556 times)

Kate

• Beginner/Inquirer
Peace to ALL.
« on: May 02, 2003, 10:11:24 PM »
I have been a muslim fro 15 yrs and it has been a journey from one end to the other. I have been always in search of spirituallity and Islam was the truth and a complete one at that. Im not to philisophical but more on the spiritual side. I too have sat in the masjid time after time and been filled with the do's and dont's that I have followed. Trying to find my place and have failed becasue of the continous guilt trips caught up in the outward hadith practice of Islam. Ive went from full face veil to not practice at all. I always knew Islam to be the truth for me but the application was the question. To honsetly admit I was an adherant hadith follower never even reading Quran fully. Spiritually dead but hey my hijab was looking good. So here Iam, funny how it all happened becasue I wanted to start reading and studying Quran and got on a study group and come to find out they leave hadith out of it. Last nite as I read this forum and the home page I felt completly free for the first time. Islam started to make sense and answer those questions that had me chained up into a very rigid muslim. Alhumdullilah. When ever I didnt want to adhere to hadith I sperated myself as a muslim and now I can cross the bridge and validate my muslim status within the Quran alone. Its scary right now becasue I will sperate myself from a lot of "hadithies"( new word). And will probably isolate myself more so. But I must answer to ALLAH alone and to the answers that ALLAH has already put in my heart. Im very grateful for the support of everyone. May ALLAH be pleased with us Ameen.
Salam Kate
all roads lead to detroit

Sarat

• Apprentice
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 11:01:00 PM »
Peace,

I felt the same exact way when I started reading these articles. Its like a burden is takin off your back.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 05:29:00 AM »
It truly is a beautiful sight seeing people start on the same path I started on not too long ago. I hope your journey will be a fruitful one...

Wakas
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

John_From_Ohio

• Apprentice
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 11:13:10 AM »
Greetings, Kate

I found your story to be very uplifting -- thank you for sharing it with us!  

Peace be upon you,

John

muslim1118

• Apprentice
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 07:25:43 PM »
kate wrote.....
Last nite as I read this forum and the home page I felt completly free for the first time. Islam started to make sense and answer those questions that had me chained up into a very rigid muslim. Alhumdullilah

salaam alaikum kate......welcome and hope you'll be at peace among us, insha'Allah....i think your remarks speak for many of us who find their way to free-minds......in the short time i have been a member this site has grown so much......i check the membership list from time to time and all i can say is alhamdullilah........He is guiding us and may He keep us on His straight path....ameen
"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless--like water.......put water into a cup; it becomes the cup.....Be water my friend."  Bruce Lee

eye1toknow

• Beginner/Inquirer
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 10:46:46 PM »
Quote from: "Sarat"
Peace,

I felt the same exact way when I started reading these articles. Its like a burden is takin off your back.

Salaams to all on this post:

I started my spiritual journey in my 30's and am now following the message in the quraan which is for me the true and only message.  I too am very isolated and constanly hear the age old adage "Just believe" unfortunately, I can't.

If there is a progressive group here in the San Jose are, I would love to be a part of it.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo
Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Habiba

• Beginner/Inquirer
You are so welcome here, enjoy your new home!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 12:53:34 AM »
Good morning Kate and welcome

I was a Christian since I was a child, I found Allah at quite a young age and didn't believe half of the nonsense I heard, then I became a Muslim and now I don't believe half of that either, but I love the half I do believe!    :D  

Peace and love

Habiba
Let go and let God

Kate

• Beginner/Inquirer
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 05:44:42 AM »
Peace All,

Thanks for the support and stories, they are all inspiring as well. Im telling ya, its hard and I still have many questions. Im at the stage now where my mind is playing tricks on me. Im starting to say is this all a test from ALLAH.I think that right there is one of the most controlling factors and if one constantly thinks we are in a state of testing, please let me know. Its a slow process.

AaRoN

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 08:03:27 AM »
peace

yes, it's all a test.

feel better? :)

don't forget to study hard so you can get a good grade ;)
* the Divine suffices as observer - appreciation is the message of the Divine - and those who are with it are harsh on concealment and nurture between themselves *

Kate

• Beginner/Inquirer
Peace to ALL.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 10:47:37 PM »
Exactly,
so if it is a test how long do we get to study for it ?????? :?  

I just had a crazy idea :idea: , first let me explain that I'm not at the point of letting go of all hadith. Only the hadiths that have no basis in Quran.
So has anyone thought about the idea of gather all Quran related hadiths. Even if this would be a way of Dawah. To show the people the difference between fabricated and acutal Quran hadiths???????????? A lot of work !!!!

Kate