Author Topic: Quranic Bill of Rights  (Read 3000 times)

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-4
Quranic Bill of Rights
« on: October 07, 2003, 12:20:57 AM »
Peace to you all,

I am posting the 'Quranic Bill of Rights' if anyone wishes to add add, or comment (personally, I do not think that # 8 is relevant or approriate and would like to delete it):
------------------------------------------------

Rights of Citizens.

?And We have honoured the Children of Adam and carried them in the land and the sea, and We have provided for them of the good things, and We have preferred them over many of those We created in a marked preference.? (17:70)

The rights that are outlined in this section of the constitution are granted to every man, woman, and child who is a citizen of the Republic. These rights are only subject to the limitation of the laws outlined in section 6 of this constitution. Otherwise, these rights cannot be undermined, diluted, suspended, or taken away by the republic under any circumstances or under any emergency.

1? Freedom of Speech.

?And his people debated with him. He said: ?Do you debate with me regarding God, when He Has guided me? I do not fear that which you have set-up except if my Lord wishes it so; my Lord encompasses all things with knowledge; will you not remember?? (6:80)

The right of free speech is granted to all citizens as well as the right to assemble, publicly protest, debate, establish unions, and establish political parties.    

2? Freedom of Faith.

?And say: ?The truth is from your Lord, so let whomever desires believe, and whomever desires reject.? We have prepared for the wicked a fire whose walls will be surrounding them. And if they cry out, they are given a water like boiling oil which burns their faces. What a miserable place!? (18:29)  

The Republic acknowledges the right of its citizens to believe, or not believe, in any faith or religion they may see fit. This right to worship includes the establishment of temples, mosques, synagogue, churches and any other constructs used for such purpose. No person may be discriminated against or harmed because of his/her faith.

3? Freedom of Movement.

?And recall that He made you successors after ?Aad, and He established you in the land so that you make palaces on its plains, and you carve homes in the mountains. So recall God?s grace, and do not roam the earth as corrupters? (7:74)

There is no restriction on the movement of people or goods within the borders of the Republic or to any other nation outside the Republic. However, the movement of people or goods into the Republic will be subject to the immigration department laws as well as the trade department laws.

4? Right to Public Services.

?And Abraham said: ?My Lord, make this town a sanctuary, and provide for its inhabitants of the fruits for whoever believes in God and the last day?. He said: ?As for he who rejects, I will let him enjoy for a while, then I will force him to the retribution of the Fire, what a miserable destiny!? (2:126)

All citizens of the Republic have the right to public utilities and services to made available by the Republic provided that such money is available and budgeted for such purpose. Utilities to be provided includes, but is not limited to: roads, paths, railways, airports, electricity, water, sewage systems, telephone, communication, hospitals, schools.  

5? Right to Seek Justice.

?And those who, when gross injustice befalls them, they seek justice? (42:39)

All citizens, residents, and travellers within the Republic have the right to seek justice against any wrongdoing or crime that befalls them. Such right shall be executed through the Department of Justice without undue delay.

6? Right to Possess Wealth.

?It has been adorned for people to love the desire of the most modern things, and buildings, and ornaments made from gold and silver, and trained horses, and the livestock, and fields; they are the enjoyment of the world, and with God are the best goods.? (3:14)

The Republic allows its citizens to possess wealth and to engage in trade, development, and commerce according to the skills and talents of each individual. There are no restrictions placed on the right of the citizen to posses wealth as long as the accumulation of such wealth is not done illegally.

7. Right to Equal Opportunity.

?O people, We created you from a male and female, and We made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Surely, the most honourable among you in the sight of God is the most righteous. God is Knowledgeable, Expert.? (49:13)

Citizens of the Republic have the right to equal opportunity in employment and treatment irrespective of gender, race, colour, or ethnic background.  

8? Suggested Moral/Ethical Values of Citizen.

?And serve God and do not set-up anything with Him, and be kind to the parents, and the relatives, and the needy, and the neighbour who is of kin, and the neighbour next door, and the friend far away, and the traveller, and those you are bound to by your oath. God does not like the arrogant, the boastful.? (4:36)

?And if you are greeted with any greeting, then return an even better greeting or return the same. God is Reckoning over all things.? (4:86)

?Have you not seen how God cites the example of a good word like a good tree, whose root is firm and its branches in the sky. It bears its fruit every so often my its Lord?s leave. And God cites the example for mankind, perhaps they will remember.? (14:24-25)

?And do not turn your cheek arrogantly from people, nor shall you roam the earth insolently. For God does not like the arrogant show offs. And be humble in how you walk and lower your voice. For the harshest of all voices is the donkey's voice? (31:18-19)

?Invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and good advice, and argue with them with that which is better. Your Lord is fully aware of who is misguided from His path, and He is fully aware of the guided ones.? (16:125)

?And your Lord decreed that you shall not serve except Him, and do good to your parents. When one of them or both of them reaches old age, do not say to them a word of disrespect nor shout at them, but say to them a kind saying. And lower for them the wing of humility through mercy, and say: ?My Lord, have mercy upon them as they have raised me when I was small? (17:23-24)

?And race towards forgiveness from your Lord and a Paradise whose width is as the width of the heavens and earth, it has been prepared for the righteous. The ones who spend in prosperity and adversity, and who repress anger, and who pardon the people; God loves the good doers. And those who, if they commit any evil, or wrong themselves, they remember God and seek forgiveness for their sins. And who forgives the sins except God? And they do not persist in what they have done while they know.? (3:133-135)

?Not equal is the good and the bad response. You shall resort to one which is better. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend.? (41:34)

?And the servants of the Almighty who walk on the earth in humility and if the ignorant speak to them, they say: ?Peace? (25:63)

?O you who believe, let not any people ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent, then these are the transgressors.? (49:11)

The above is a list of ?values? that have been highlighted from the teachings of the Quran. These values are in no way enforceable by law and are merely placed in this constitution as a reflection and reminder for citizens.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

TheNabi

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +12/-1
Quranic Bill of Rights
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 04:46:38 AM »
Peace

I do not think number 8 is relevant either.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Sha

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Quranic Bill of Rights
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 07:14:50 AM »
Peace

Yep. 8 is irrelevant in the context of rights.

With some additions...that could be the 'Bill of Responsibilities'?  :P

Sha
Enter the realm of light

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-4
Quranic Bill of Rights
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 08:06:04 AM »
Peace,

What about replacing # 8 with 'Right to Bear Arms'?

Layth
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

TheNabi

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +12/-1
Quranic Bill of Rights
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 03:02:48 PM »
Peace Layth

I believe that it is a valid right and should be replaced as number 8?

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-4
Quranic Bill of Rights
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 12:09:30 AM »
Peace,

OK, here is the revised list...Tell me if I am missing anything.

-----------------------------------

Rights of Citizens.

?And We have honoured the Children of Adam and carried them in the land and the sea, and We have provided for them of the good things, and We have preferred them over many of those We created in a marked preference.? (17:70)

The rights that are outlined in this section of the constitution are granted to every man, woman, and child who is a citizen of the Republic (with the exception of point # 8 which is also granted to residents and travelers). These rights are only subject to the limitation of the laws outlined in section 6 of this constitution. Otherwise, these rights cannot be undermined, diluted, suspended, or taken away by the republic under any circumstances or under any emergency.

1. Freedom of Speech.

?And his people debated with him. He said: ?Do you debate with me regarding God, when He Has guided me? I do not fear that which you have set-up except if my Lord wishes it so; my Lord encompasses all things with knowledge; will you not remember?? (6:80)

The right of free speech is granted to all citizens as well as the right to assemble, publicly protest, debate, establish unions, and establish political parties.    

2. Freedom of Faith.

?And say: ?The truth is from your Lord, so let whomever desires believe, and whomever desires reject.? We have prepared for the wicked a fire whose walls will be surrounding them. And if they cry out, they are given a water like boiling oil which burns their faces. What a miserable place!? (18:29)  

The Republic acknowledges the right of its citizens to believe, or not believe, in any faith or religion they may see fit. This right to worship includes the establishment of temples, mosques, synagogue, churches and any other constructs used for such purpose. No person may be discriminated against or harmed because of his/her faith.

3. Freedom of Movement.

?And recall that He made you successors after ?Aad, and He established you in the land so that you make palaces on its plains, and you carve homes in the mountains. So recall God?s grace, and do not roam the earth as corrupters? (7:74)

There is no restriction on the movement of people or goods within the borders of the Republic or to any other nation outside the Republic. However, the movement of people or goods into the Republic will be subject to the immigration department laws as well as the trade department laws.

4. Right to Possess Wealth.

?It has been adorned for people to love the desire of the most modern things, and buildings, and ornaments made from gold and silver, and trained horses, and the livestock, and fields; they are the enjoyment of the world, and with God are the best goods.? (3:14)

The Republic allows its citizens to possess wealth and to engage in trade, development, and commerce according to the skills and talents of each individual. There are no restrictions placed on the right of the citizen to posses wealth as long as the accumulation of such wealth is not done illegally.

5. Right to Public Services.

?And Abraham said: ?My Lord, make this town a sanctuary, and provide for its inhabitants of the fruits for whoever believes in God and the last day?. He said: ?As for he who rejects, I will let him enjoy for a while, then I will force him to the retribution of the Fire, what a miserable destiny!? (2:126)

All citizens of the Republic have the right to public utilities and services to made available by the Republic provided that such money is available and budgeted for such purpose. Utilities to be provided includes, but is not limited to: roads, paths, railways, airports, electricity, water, sewage systems, telephone, communication, hospitals, schools.  

6. Right to Equal Opportunity.

?O people, We created you from a male and female, and We made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Surely, the most honourable among you in the sight of God is the most righteous. God is Knowledgeable, Expert.? (49:13)

Citizens of the Republic have the right to equal opportunity in employment and treatment irrespective of gender, race, colour, or ethnic background.  

7. Right to Possess Arms.

?And We taught him the making of armour for you to protect you from your enemy. Are you then thankful?? (21:80)

Citizens have the right to the possession of arm. Such arms may only be used in self-defence and are not to be carried or presented in public unless authorized.  

8. Right to Seek Justice.

?And those who, when gross injustice befalls them, they seek justice? (42:39)

All citizens, residents, and travellers within the Republic have the right to seek justice against any wrongdoing or crime that befalls them. Such right shall be executed through the Department of Justice without undue delay.