Author Topic: Quran Translation Project  (Read 19562 times)

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +17/-5
Re: Quran Translation Project
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2008, 09:10:16 AM »
Salam,

Here is The Message translation:

Whosoever is seeking pride, then know that to God belongs all Pride. To Him ascend the good words, and they are exalted by the good deeds. And as for those who scheme evil, they will have a painful retribution, and their scheming will fail. (35:10)

I find it more accurate when looking through the Arabic with regards to what the good works/deeds are doing.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
peace,

I find it more accurate when looking through the Arabic with regards to what the good works/deeds are doing.

Is 'the righteous deed' singular or not?

Does "yarfa3uhu" refer to a singular thing or not?

Answering these will allow us to see what is more accurate.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +17/-5
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
Peace,

I see the point you are making.

The rightous deed is singular. The raising (yarfa3uhu) is done by God to the good work/deed.

"Whosoever is seeking pride, then know that to God belongs all Pride. To Him ascend the words that are good, and the good deed, it is made better by Him. And as for those who scheme evil, they will have a painful retribution, and their scheming will fail. (35:10)
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »
peace,

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make.  :)

Also yarfa3uhu is imperfect, i.e. an action in the process of being done.

Rather than "To Him ascend the words that are good, and the good deed, it is made better by Him..." perhaps "To Him ascend the good words and He raises the good deed". It's just more concise.

You may wish to consider the other changes I've brought up  ;)
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Rustum

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2008, 08:55:57 AM »
Quraan in its Revelation order did reveal a secret that the qURAAN itself is a collection of 7 individual books here are their names

al Zaboor
al Furqaan
Ayah Ki tab Mubeen
Al Musa al Ki tab
al Ki tab Hakeem
al Ebad Ki tab
al Ki tab la Rayba Feehi

each of these names was take from the Break in each section first Words of first mention of subject matter, i would hope that you all would look into this Finding as it has awaken my spirit and excited my soul because each of these  books is paired with a set of the Letters that sit atop some of the suras and it matches the 7 books perfectly just like the Quraan says AL QURAAN and the 7 Pairs elhamdulillah.....

OPF

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2008, 12:27:21 PM »
Quraan in its Revelation order did reveal a secret that the qURAAN itself is a collection of 7 individual books here are their names

al Zaboor
al Furqaan
Ayah Ki tab Mubeen
Al Musa al Ki tab
al Ki tab Hakeem
al Ebad Ki tab
al Ki tab la Rayba Feehi

each of these names was take from the Break in each section first Words of first mention of subject matter, i would hope that you all would look into this Finding as it has awaken my spirit and excited my soul because each of these  books is paired with a set of the Letters that sit atop some of the suras and it matches the 7 books perfectly just like the Quraan says AL QURAAN and the 7 Pairs elhamdulillah.....

Care to expand on this? It makes much more sense than a few other explanations for the initials.

How do you divide them? And is it even reasonable to divide them? Anyway, your interpretation makes a lot of good sense in light of 15:91 - there are 114 surahs here yet 15:87 mentions 7 of "المثاني" - and then follows to reveal that the book has, or may be split up further.

AlFajr

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2008, 05:05:28 PM »
Care to expand on this? It makes much more sense than a few other explanations for the initials.

How do you divide them? And is it even reasonable to divide them? Anyway, your interpretation makes a lot of good sense in light of 15:91 - there are 114 surahs here yet 15:87 mentions 7 of "المثاني" - and then follows to reveal that the book has, or may be split up further.

Peace brother,
Doesn't it say we have "given" as in past tense. So how can it be talking about the Quran being in 7 parts?

Thanks!
No matter how far you have gone down the wrong path, turn around.
Some helpful links.

http://corpus.quran.com/
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm

OPF

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2008, 05:11:59 PM »
Peace brother,
Doesn't it say we have "given" as in past tense. So how can it be talking about the Quran being in 7 parts?

Thanks!

But if you move onwards it talks about the quran being partitioned, in the past tense? I.e. see 15:89-91. It depends on whether the "quran" being talked about in that verse is the same here. I don't get what those verses are implying either, is the quran supposed to be an undivided recital?

Hati

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »

[015:086]  Surely thy Lord, He is the All-creator, the All-knowing.

[015:087]  We have given thee seven of the oft-repeated, and the mighty Koran.

[015:088]  Stretch not thine eyes to that We have given pairs of them to enjoy; and do not sorrow for them, and lower thy wing unto the believers,

[015:089]  and say, 'Surely, I am the manifest warner.'

[015:090]  So We sent it down to the partitioners,

[015:091]  who have broken the Koran into fragments.

Salam,

I m curious on your discussions and the following questions come to mind:

In the above verses:
          1. What are the seven pairs? [15:87-88]
          2. Who are given these seven pairs? [15:88]
          3. Are the one given seven pairs the partitioners? [15:90]
          4. Have they broken the Quran into fragments?

Hati

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2009, 05:54:00 AM »
With reference to my previous post in this thread:
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9596520.msg9069#msg9069

...and when you are changing your clothes from/of (mina: partitive) openess/visibility...  [24:58]

I just thought of this today: is there any significance to the the use of "mina"?

I note no translator (that I checked) translates this word correctly. Is that because it weakens the common understanding of "noon"? (thus indirectly strengthening the above understanding*). Or is this just a normal way to say such a thing in Arabic? Seems a little unusual to me.

*as it implies out of all the times of openess/visibility (i.e. when you are out in the open /visible), it is only the times that you change your clothes that are a private time for you.

www.studyQuran.org