Author Topic: Beating of kids or threating them with light violence  (Read 11625 times)

warda

• Apprentice
Beating of kids or threating them with light violence
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 07:08:22 AM »
Hi Majidah,

Quote from: "SwedenMajidah"
Salaam,

I have seen some programs on TV "Super Nanny" and that program give me some idea how to treat a wild child without violence.

This is Globalisation :lol:  So you have the Super Nanny in Sweden too? I've seen it here in Germany. And I learnd  how it COULD BE .What monsters other parents have, and what kind of angels I have in compare to the terrorists the "Super Nanny" dealt with.
I wrote down some ideas and tried them  since my little one (four years) just doesn't wanna go to bed, lay her head down and sleep just like her sister does. Of course we have the rituals, prayers, fairy-tale, a quite atmosphere... NOTHING HELPS  :(  she is jumping happily in her bed, singing, dancing,shaking her head with her long curly hair, singing ..... . finding thousands things she still needs... :?
She can't calm down, thats her problem. So sometimes she gets up up to ten times.  And sometimes I can't even be mad with her

Does anybody has the same problem and can give some advices?

The tired Mama

Zlatan

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 11:50:20 PM »
Quote from: "warda"
she is jumping happily in her bed, singing, dancing,shaking her head with her long curly hair, singing ..... . finding thousands things she still needs... :?
She can't calm down, thats her problem. So sometimes she gets up up to ten times.  And sometimes I can't even be mad with her

Does anybody has the same problem and can give some advices?

The tired Mama

I actually dont see that you even have a problem...you are a very lucky women -blessed by The God with a heathy, lively and according to the description given - very sweet child...

To  feel less tired just try thinking of thousands of those whose children are deadly sick or invalids or deaf or blind etc...

Also, do not forget to try giving birth to an another children, maybe then she`ll naturally calm down....

I would sugest not to suppres her temper....every proffesion has its difficulties and many people often feel tired ...so is the case with mamas

best wishes to happy Mama

Zlatan

warda

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 12:32:01 AM »
Selam

I actually dont see that you even have a problem...you are a very lucky women -blessed by The God with a heathy, lively and according to the description given - very sweet child...

To feel less tired just try thinking of thousands of those whose children are deadly sick or invalids or deaf or blind etc...

Ohh, I didn't say that I'm depressed and unhappy and close to comitting suicide because of my daughter. It just came to my head while reading about the "Super Nanny" and in her bedroom my little one was screaming...

I don't have to mention here always the worst cases when I write about my own situation. That's what I'm doing daily anyway - thanking God for everything I have including healthy kids.

Also, do not forget to try giving birth to an another children,

It's good that you reminded me. I just prayed to God for a another kid this morning - in the meantime I forgot about it. :lol:

Salam

idolfree1

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 02:00:25 AM »
Peace be upon you Warda,

Evertything is a test to see if we can keep a peaceful mind. Nothing outside of us should be able to effect our state.

Regarding her jumping around at night, I guess we all were at that stage, maybe try to meditate with her at night. It involved DEEP LONG BREATHING which eliminates those inner drives which are keeping her "excited"!  Just observe someone as the fall asleep, thier breathing becomes very deep.

Also, watch the sugar!  :D

Green Leaves

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 08:21:20 AM »
Greetings Warda,

she is jumping happily in her bed, singing, dancing,shaking her head with her long curly hair, singing ..... . finding thousands things she still needs...

Let her jump as much as she wants on the matress and take lots and lots of pictures when she does to show them when she gets old.  I will be 21 in three weeks and I still jump on my matress :)

Let her enjoy her childhood while she can because the older you get the more you realize how much life sucks and somehow jumping on the matress doesn't make you feel as much happy at 20 :(
:: Peace

warda

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2005, 01:53:40 AM »
Salam Kyle and GL
Thanks for your nice posts...:D

I guess we all were at that stage, maybe try to meditate with her at night. It involved DEEP LONG BREATHING which eliminates those inner drives which are keeping her "excited"! Just

Thank you Kyle, I will try it tonight! I'll tell you I succeeded or not. :)

Let her jump as much as she wants on the matress and take lots and lots of pictures when she does to show them when she gets old. I will be 21 in three weeks and I still jump on my matress Smile

Let her enjoy her childhood while she can because the older you get the more you realize how much life sucks and somehow jumping on the matress doesn't make you feel as much happy at 20 Sad

See, that's how I see it also. However in REALITY of daily life the kid needs around ten/eleven hours of sleep to stay healthy. Since we have to get up in the morning early there is a limit at which she needs to sleep anyway. That's the point. Not to mention that Mama wants to read Posts at free-minds, read, study, watch TV,... in the evening before she goes to bed also.:D

Salams
warda

Zlatan

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2005, 01:56:03 AM »
Peace

Quote from: "warda"

Ohh, I didn't say that I'm depressed and unhappy and close to comitting suicide because of my daughter. It just came to my head while reading about the "Super Nanny" and in her bedroom my little one was screaming...

sorry  :oops: , it seems that i have projected my own frustration on you... :) i also have a four year kid... maybe they could marry in future cause they, as it seems, have very similar tempers

Nevertheless, try making your dother as bussy as much you can thrughout the day(for example -long walks), so she will be more prone to fall asleep in the night...

One of the tricks that also sometimes work is that you turn all the lights in the house off and pretend that you gonna go to sleep as well... :lol:

best wishes

Zlatan

Green Leaves

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2005, 11:24:52 AM »
Greetings Warda,

You might find this article interesting: http://my.webmd.com/content/article/42/1739_50197.htm and this one:
http://my.webmd.com/content/chat_transcripts/1/100804.htm

I haven't been around little kids since like 10 years or something and they sound like so much fun (I mean, jumping on the mattress, how much fun is that?)...makes me wanna adopt a cute kid :D
:: Peace

warda

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2005, 06:14:25 PM »
Salam Kyle, GL, and Zlatan
Quote from: "idolfree1"
maybe try to meditate with her at night. It involved DEEP LONG BREATHING which eliminates those inner drives which are keeping her "excited"!

It worked. At least yesterday :) I don't know whether she was too tired anyway, but she liked it, turned around after a little while and slept !!!!! This happens once in six months :)

Saalam Green Leaves,
thanks for the links! They're quite interesting.

Salam Zlatan

sorry Embarassed , it seems that i have projected my own frustration on you... Smile i also have a four year kid... maybe they could marry in future cause they, as it seems, have very similar tempers

No problem! So do you have a boy? I will ask my princess what she thinks about our arranged wedding at the age of four :lol:
Zlatan, if I may ask: isn't your name slavish?

Salam Aleikum
warda

SwedenMajidah

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 09:45:52 PM »
Salaam warda,

Yes we have also got that TV show at last I will say because we seems to always be the last one!

I think it's a good program so I will go on and watch it more times.

Take Care!
Sis Majidah