About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Praying with the Hijab

Started by warda, December 12, 2004, 09:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alen

Quote from: warda on December 12, 2004, 09:08:47 PM
Salam Aleikum

Can anybody please tell me where it says in the Quran that women have to cover their head when praying?
I searched the Site and Forum for it but didn`t find anything.

Thanks in advance
Salam
warda

Peace,
Respectfully.

The God doesn't mention praying with hijab is obligatory.
I believe that sunnis have carried on with the tradition of head wear and i also believe that hijab is not compulsory for a woman.
Read The Quran.

Glory be to our God.
Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

TheNabi

Peace

Quotewell my 1st question is what's the difference between these two?

Anyone can do du'a, salaat is more of a requirement of a distinct group of people and is not necessarily something anyone can or will do.

QuoteMy second question is do u feel really at ease when not covering your head with a hijab?coz frankly I cant..nor will i be able to concentrate..am gonna feel something is missing from me,really..u might find it funny though;)

I'd advice you to get you head straight.  ;) Unless you're praying about the horrible condition of your headscarf and are asking your god to help you in some way with it you should focus on the intent of your prayer/s. God knows what you feel, how you look inside and out, what you hide and what you reveal. I think your feeling uncomfortable before your rabb is just you being in ignorance of your lord. Hopefully what you will find missing, a missing burden, will be a tradition that overshadows God's guidance.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

drfazl

Prayer is realizing and understanding who God is and then rehearsing all the time in His remembrance and believing in Him alone. He is the One and the only who had revealed to us of our needs in both the worlds in the first place. We should not repeat to Him with our own physical words as dua, as our language is full of limitations that can only fit in to the physical things and ask from Him only the material benefits in this world; and we forbid ourselves the wisdom of unseen world tomorrow, the real Wish of Allah in our hearts.

2: 200
When your Hajj is thus Blessed, remember Allah even more, as you used to remember your fathers. Some say: ?O God! Give us everything in this world.? For such there is no good in the hereafter.
2: 201
Yet, some among them  say: ? O our God, give us good things in this life; and good things in the hereafter; and save us from the torment of fire.?

We must follow the verse 2: 201 and shall be doubly careful when we make our dua, the language we use mainly cater to this material world. It is best to receive the Wish from Allah as such and believe in it as if it were granted to us already. This is the way to dignify Allah, for when Allah decrees on something all that He has to say to it is "Be!" And it is! Now it is there in our hearts as our deepest Wishes; preserve the "Be!" of Him and thereafter wait in patience for the hereafter. This is prayerful dua.

Prayer is realizing and understanding who Allah is; and dua is believing in His Might and Power over all things. Prayerful dua is believing in God send messages i.e the deep wishes and keeping up patience thereafter.
Quran reading is useless unless we decisively stick to righteousness in our lives, at least to an extent possible. Based on such status Allah Guides, in such a way  [url="http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx"]http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx[/url]   that we do not transgress after receiving His Mercy.

pcborg

Salaam,

I have dealt with the topic of women covering their head in the Qur'an in depth along with the topic of salaat, my papers can be found on my website, www.detailedquran.com

if you have any questions then email me from the site.

Regarding covering the head in prayer per say, there is no mention of it in the qur'an to the best of my knowledge.  However if you are out or in public, then you must wear it as part of the guidance of Allah for woman's dress code.

salaam.
All praise, thanks, dedication and worship are due to Allah, and Allah alone.

www.detailedquran.com

Soraya

Assalamu Alaykum,
today while performing my salat fajr, I worn a 3/4 short and a top since when I woke up I wore that and if I would take time to look for proper and decent clothes, am definitely gonna be late for work...My question is : Are my salats accepted??
Soraya

TAJ

Peace,

Quote from: Soraya on May 05, 2009, 06:01:32 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,
today while performing my salat fajr, I worn a 3/4 short and a top since when I woke up I wore that and if I would take time to look for proper and decent clothes, am definitely gonna be late for work...My question is : Are my salats accepted??

What has salat got to do with clothes?

Soraya

Yes that's true..U have cleared my doubts actually.
Soraya

progressive1993

Quote from: Soraya on May 05, 2009, 06:01:32 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

That's perfectly fine. If you uphold the salat by yourself, then I'd say that it is up to you what you wear. If you are around others, then you should follow the following guidelines:

24:31 Tell the acknowledging women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts, and that they should not show off their attraction except what is apparent thereof, and let them cast their clothes over their cleavage...
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

BornAgain

So, based on the discussion so far, wearing a veil is not prescribed in the Quran, but rather in the Bible... All my life, I have been wearing a veil that covers the whole of my body when I salat... It is rather difficult to start praying without one, it has become a habit actually. Will it be a sin to continue praying with veil one, knowing the fact that it is not prescribed in the Quran? I mean, sure it is not prescribed, but it is forbidden to wear one while praying (with cultural and habitual aspects as the reason)?

Thanks
?For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.?

?When you judge another you do not define them, you define yourself.?

?Time may heal physical pain but only love can heal emotional pain.?

?My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.?

afridi220

Quote from: BornAgain on September 25, 2009, 07:46:06 AM
So, based on the discussion so far, wearing a veil is not prescribed in the Quran, but rather in the Bible... All my life, I have been wearing a veil that covers the whole of my body when I salat... It is rather difficult to start praying without one, it has become a habit actually. Will it be a sin to continue praying with veil one, knowing the fact that it is not prescribed in the Quran? I mean, sure it is not prescribed, but it is forbidden to wear one while praying (with cultural and habitual aspects as the reason)?

Thanks

It is not forbidden also and not a bad thing at all until and unless it is forced upon you. :police:
Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway