About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Hot/"ramadan" Answer

Started by ayman, November 20, 2004, 10:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonywallace

Quote from: farida on September 11, 2008, 04:23:08 PM
Salaam Samia,

Please read the following verses and see if they pertain to your antics.

2:68 They said, "Call upon your Lord to show us which one." He said, "He says that she is a heifer that is neither too old, nor too young; of an intermediate age. Now, carry out what you are commanded to do."

2:69 3:86 How can God guide a people who have rejected after believing, and they witnessed that the messenger is true, and the clarity had come to them? God does not guide the wicked people.

2:70  They said, "Call upon your Lord to show us which one. The heifers look alike to us and, GOD willing, we will be guided."

2:71 He said, "He says that she is a heifer that was never humiliated in plowing the land or watering the crops; free from any blemish." They said, "Now you have brought the truth." They finally sacrificed her, after this lengthy reluctance

:hmm

All the best

Good verses farida,....

However this discussion is deeper than what I thought, and I will have to take my time to analize these posts further...

I have never really watched the moon phases and differences ect...and got into debth about the particular months the 4 months is ect...

But as of now, starting next year God willing, I will start my fast in august ( for it is the " hottest month. " that I know of, witness, and also feel over hear in Michigan )....unless my Lord guide me and forgive me, then I will surly be of those lost...
I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner.

Soof

Quote from: progod
This is all the proof I need to show you that 30 days is also a shahr.

Godbless,
Anwar

Peace

Which month is used to fast based on your understanding of the Qur'an alone and how did you determine this? Thanks.

Peace
"Asalaamu Alaikum my brother" - Friend
"No peace be unto you brother, peace be unto you." - Malcolm X

Samia

Salaam farida

I am not the one wondering what colour the moon is or what size it should be or when in order to fast. I just took the other option and decided to feed the poor. Look into the mirror.

rsw

Quote from: Samia on September 11, 2008, 05:23:27 PM
Salaam farida

I am not the one wondering what colour the moon is or what size it should be or when in order to fast. I just took the other option and decided to feed the poor. Look into the mirror.

Excellent point.  Since the clear, absolute details of fasting have apparently been obscured (if it was easy there won't be all this debate over it) I think this is what I will do as well!  What a load off!

belH

Quote from: ayman on September 11, 2008, 09:32:54 AM
Peace Samia,

I don't believe that it would be a reasonable excuse because the enemy would equally be affected by the heat. The main issue is that between 9:5 and 9:81 a lot of things have happened. There is no evidence that 9:81 immediately follows 9:5.
If one uses the logic that the passages from 9:5 to 9:81 are arranged in a way that they immediately follow one another chronologically then this means that the battle in 9:25-26 happened before 9:81 and so did the event in 9:40.

Yousuf Ali:

Assuredly Allah did help you in many battle-fields and on the day of Hunayn: behold! your great numbers elated you, but they availed you naught: the land for all that it is wide, did constrain you and ye turned back in retreat. (9-25)
But Allah did pour His calm on the Mssenger and on the Believers and sent down forces which ye saw not: He punished the Unbelievers: thus doth He reward those without Faith. (9-26)
Again will Allah after this turn (in mercy) to whom He will: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (9-27)

Ayman; you are twisting the truth; Why cann't you say what you understood when reading the above verses or the following verses?

If ye help not: for Allah did indeed help him; when the unbelievers drove him out: he had no more than one companion: they two were in the cave, and he said to his companion "Have no Fear, for Allah is with us": then Allah sent down His peace upon him, and strengthened him with forces which ye saw not, and humbled to the depths the word of the Unbelievers. But the word of Allah is exalted to the heights: for Allah is Exalted in might, Wise. (9-40)

Is it hard to say that these verses are reminders for the believers of past events?

So either way, the idea that the events described in 9:81 immediately followed 9:5 is completely baseless. Months could have passed between the two. Fighting is allowed during the inviolable full-moons as per 2:217.

As we all know Chapter 9 is very unique; it is the only Chapter that the prophet did not start with "In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful"

If you read Chapter nine, you cann't miss how its verses are related to each other.

Here are the facts:
1. A chapter of the great reading was descended (9:86) during this hot time of the year (9:81).
2. The great reading was descended on the night of measure which is also called "shahr ramadan".

Based on 1 and 2 above the night of measure and "shahr ramadan" occur during the hot time of the year.

I hope this helps.

Peace,

Ayman

Here are the Facts...wow :o Ayman are you a Prophet :hail

Here are the Quranic Facts:
9-81 was in Hot summer days
9-81 was after the Four Restricted months
9-81 is the strongest prove from Quran that Rammadan does not have to be in Summer time.

another fact, from me:

9-81 is the Nail in the coffin that ended your theory .

:yes

afridi220

Quote from: Samia on September 11, 2008, 05:23:27 PM
Salaam farida

:hmm what about the poors if they are sick or too week and not able to feed poor  :pr
Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway

Samia

Quote from: afridi220 on September 11, 2008, 06:33:53 PM
:hmm what about the poors if they are sick or too week and not able to feed poor  :pr

If I were unable to do either or, I won't...simple!

afridi220

Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway

progod

Soof,

According to my understanding:

1. Ramadan doesn't mean hottest (it is not a superlative) but constant and/or intense heat (just as shana'aan, a word of the same form also mentioned in the Quran means constant or intense hate). As we know being hot is relative to how cold we were before and what temperature we are use to.

2. According to the case ending on Ramadana, which is equal to ramadaanan and because if we understood shahrun it would still be read as shah-ru ramadaana, I think it is talking about any month within a time of constant/intense heat.

3. The constant/intense heat (ramadaanun) being referred to here is obviously a time period as we are to fast for a month within it. So Ramadan as I see it is another way of saying summer. It is the only time of constant/intense heat during the seasons of the year. The words used for summer qaith and saif meant different things in different microclimates in the Arabic speaking world back then, so what better way then to refer to the actual weather pattern and how it feels? I think that was a stroke of genius.

4. A month is 30 sunrise to sunrise days as demonstrated in my post above and in Quranic examples where individuals to feed are the only expiations for days of fasting missed, and two months of fasting is said in the Quran to be expiated by feeding 60 individuals.

5. So we fast for a period of 30 days during our local times of summer, as the Quran was revealed during a month of summer.

Soof that is my understanding. Thanks for asking for a synopsis. I was glad to give it.

Godbless,
Anwar
The Quranists Must Rise!

[url="http://www.quranists.com"]http://www.quranists.com[/url]

belH

Quote from: farida on September 11, 2008, 04:04:17 PM

If we say that 9:81 has no relevance to the earlier verse 9:1-5 still the fighting must be going on either after the sacred months or before the sacred months, but the fight was not during Ramadan as, according to Ayman, Ramadan is one of the sacred months..
The war in the past did not last for six days or so; it involved a long period of time  Now it is for everyone here who wants to find out truth to work it out for themselves. We are all answerable to Allah for our own deeds.

Peace Frieds:

You are right; either 9-81 is related or not related to 9-1 to 5, it still shows that summer time was not within the 4 restricted month; simply because the prophet was asking them to fight in Summer time.

Ayman!!!
9-81 is too strong to argue aginest; and if you continue to ignor its proof that The four restricted month were not in summer time, including Rammadan, during chapter 9, then you will look BEAINLESS in front of everybody.

Peace