About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Hot/"ramadan" Answer

Started by ayman, November 20, 2004, 10:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farida

Quote from: afridi220 on September 10, 2008, 05:26:01 PM
Salam

Summer starts her from june and July & Augusts are the hotest months over here, there is also a ban on A ban on labourers working in the hot afternoon sun from 12:30 PM till 4:30 Pm in these two months.
It is September and still very hot.

:peace:

Salaam
Afridi,

Thank you for this information. So if the hottest months are June, July and August then, as we learn from 9:81, the war was in one of the hot months, after the sacred months; in other words, at least 3 months had passed since Ramadan, according to Ayman's theory.

Now work it out yourself when was Ramadan?

belH

Quote from: afridi220 on September 10, 2008, 05:26:01 PM
Salam

Summer starts her from june and July & Augusts are the hotest months over here, there is also a ban on A ban on labourers working in the hot afternoon sun from 12:30 PM till 4:30 Pm in these two months.
It is September and still very hot.

If Rammadan starts in June 25, according to Ayman;
and if Rammdan is the starter of the 4 restricted months;
Then, Verse 9-81 had to be in October.

If you look deeply in verse 9-81, you will note that they were complaining from going to war in Summer Season; as you know going to war in the days of prophet is different than our days. It will involve traveling that might take a month, and it will involve weeks of fighting untill some one would win.
In 9-81, they were complaining about doing all the above in Heat time (summer time). Trust me,if it was september, as you said (how did you calculate) they would have never use that reason, knowning that the next two or three month will be not as hot.

afridi220

Quote from: farida on September 10, 2008, 06:59:43 PM
Salaam
Afridi,

Thank you for this information. So if the hottest months are June, July and August then, as we learn from 9:81, the war was in one of the hot months, after the sacred months; in other words, at least 3 months had passed since Ramadan, according to Ayman's theory.

Now work it out yourself when was Ramadan?

Muharam is the first and Ramadan is the ninth month

salam farida

The Islamic months are named as follows:[3]

Muharram محرّم (or Muḥarram al Ḥaram)
Safar صفر (or Ṣafar al Muzaffar)
Rabi' al-awwal (Rabī' I) ربيع الأول
Rabi' al-thani (or Rabī' al Thānī, or Rabī' al-Akhir) (Rabī' II) ربيع الآخر أو ربيع الثاني
Jumada al-awwal (Jumādā I) جمادى الاولى
Jumada al-thani (or Jumādā al-akhir) (Jumādā II) جمادى الآخر أو جمادى الثاني
Rajab رجب (or Rajab al Murajab)
Sha'aban شعبان (or Sha'abān al Moazam)
Ramadan رمضان (or Ramzān, long form: Ramaḍān al Mubarak)
Shawwal شوّال (or Shawwal al Mukarram)
Dhu al-Qi'dah ذو القعدة
Dhu al-Hijjah ذو الحجة

The three successive forbidden months mentioned by Muhammad (months in which battles are forbidden) are Dhu al-Qi'dah, Dhu al-Hijjah, and Muharram, thus excluding an intercalary month before Muharram. The single forbidden month is Rajab. These months were considered forbidden both within the new Islamic calendar and within the old pagan Meccan calendar, although whether they maintained their "forbidden" status after the conquest of Mecca has been disputed among Islamic scholars.[citation needed]

Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway

farida

Quote from: afridi220 on September 10, 2008, 07:19:17 PM
Muharam is the first and Ramadan is the ninth month

salam farida

The Islamic months are named as follows:[3]

Muharram محرّم (or Muḥarram al Ḥaram)
Safar صفر (or Ṣafar al Muzaffar)
Rabi' al-awwal (Rabī' I) ربيع الأول
Rabi' al-thani (or Rabī' al Thānī, or Rabī' al-Akhir) (Rabī' II) ربيع الآخر أو ربيع الثاني
Jumada al-awwal (Jumādā I) جمادى الاولى
Jumada al-thani (or Jumādā al-akhir) (Jumādā II) جمادى الآخر أو جمادى الثاني
Rajab رجب (or Rajab al Murajab)
Sha'aban شعبان (or Sha'abān al Moazam)
Ramadan رمضان (or Ramzān, long form: Ramaḍān al Mubarak)
Shawwal شوّال (or Shawwal al Mukarram)
Dhu al-Qi'dah ذو القعدة
Dhu al-Hijjah ذو الحجة

The three successive forbidden months mentioned by Muhammad (months in which battles are forbidden) are Dhu al-Qi'dah, Dhu al-Hijjah, and Muharram, thus excluding an intercalary month before Muharram. The single forbidden month is Rajab. These months were considered forbidden both within the new Islamic calendar and within the old pagan Meccan calendar, although whether they maintained their "forbidden" status after the conquest of Mecca has been disputed among Islamic scholars.[citation needed]

Salaam Afridi
At the moment we are working on Ayman's theroy and not the forbidden months you stated above.  I am trying to ascertain when Ramadan could be, if the fighting took place in hot weather.
Bilalhammd is showing that, if we apply Aymans thery, the forbiden months are not in the hot months as the surah indicates.
I hope this helps

farida

Quote from: ayman on September 10, 2008, 05:47:02 PM
Peace all,

This is false. Idiomatic usage of a word doesn't change the basic meaning of the word. For example, when one says "hit the road", this doesn't change the meaning of "hit" to "travel". The idiomatic expression as whole is interpreted through cultural nuances as "travel" but linguistically the basic meaning of the word "hit" is the same. The word "MaNAZL" always means something that one descends to. The relationship between the form NZL and MaNAZL is fairly common in the Arabic language, for example, think SJD and MaSAJD, DRS and MaDARS. No one with a grain of common sense would claim that MaDARS can actually mean a place for ignorance (the opposite of study like ascending is the opposite of descending).

Peace,

Ayman

Salaam Ayman,

I notice you have been ignoring my posts of late. If, in any way, I have offended you please understand it was not malicious but sometimes, in order to reach a conclusion, one needs to be frank and straightforward.
I would like to thank you for inviting me to take part in this discussion, and let me tell you it has been the most productive ten day of the month of Ramadan for me, and a lot of the credit goes to you for making us find out the truth ourselves.

Best regards
farida

farida

Quote from: anthonywallace on September 10, 2008, 10:32:00 AM
I just got a ? (2)

Is this the month OF hotness or not?

In other words, is this the moon of redness or not?

iN OTHER WORDS IS IT THE THE TIME OF FASTING OR NOT?

:laugh:   :laugh:  :laugh: What are you saying anthonywallace, I cant stop laughing.  :laugh:

:laugh:
No it is not he month of hotness
No it is not he moon of redness
:hmm It is the time of fastness  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Samia

9:81 Those who have remained are happy with their position of lagging behind God's messenger, and they disliked striving with their wealth and lives in the cause of God; and they say: "Do not mobilize in the heat." Say: "The fire of Hell is far hotter," if they could only understand.
Salaam all

Could it be that they were just trying to find an excuse, and that they were just lying and it was not really hot? The verse gives us their real intention, so what they were saying was not true. If it was really hot (imagine the heat of the desert during summer), wouldn't that be a reasonable excuse?

belH

Quote from: Samia on September 10, 2008, 07:55:57 PM
9:81 Those who have remained are happy with their position of lagging behind God's messenger, and they disliked striving with their wealth and lives in the cause of God; and they say: "Do not mobilize in the heat." Say: "The fire of Hell is far hotter," if they could only understand.
Salaam all

Could it be that they were just trying to find an excuse, and that they were just lying and it was not really hot? The verse gives us their real intention, so what they were saying was not true. If it was really hot (imagine the heat of the desert during summer), wouldn't that be a reasonable excuse?

:nope:

Samia, God would have said that, but instead He confirmed that it was Hot by saying "The fire of Hell is far hotter," if they could only understand.

God is given us a hint that it was Summer time.
Do not try to save Ayman Theory using twisted prove

afridi220

Quote from: farida on September 10, 2008, 07:31:04 PM
Salaam Afridi
At the moment we are working on Ayman's theroy and not the forbidden months you stated above.  I am trying to ascertain when Ramadan could be, if the fighting took place in hot weather.
Bilalhammd is showing that, if we apply Aymans thery, the forbiden months are not in the hot months as the surah indicates.
I hope this helps

Thsat calendar can help you in Ayman theory

Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway

farida

Quote from: afridi220 on September 10, 2008, 08:18:28 PM
Thsat calendar can help you in Ayman theory

Salaam Afridi,

6:71 Say: "Shall we indeed call on others besides Allah,- things that can do us neither good nor harm,- and turn on our heels after receiving guidance from Allah? - like one whom the evil ones have made into a fool, wandering bewildered through the earth, his friends calling, 'come to us', (vainly) guiding him to the path." Say: "Allah's guidance is the (only) guidance, and we have been directed to SUBMIT ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;-

3:200O you who believe, be patient and call for patience, and bond together and revere God that you may succeed