News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Puzzling...

Started by savage_carrot, May 21, 2004, 08:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage_carrot

Salam...

Going through the forum, I can understand why many categories came about...they seem to be hosting a myriad of posts which are relevant to the category (pretty straightforward, yes?)...but what's puzzling to me is this category.

This is a mystery category...why did it come about? What was the ideological ermm idea behind this one?? How did someone decide that this would be a pertinent category? I'm not criticising, oh no.. not at all....just curious, shall we say, very curious.

It's very informative, though but it's also very lonely, therefore, I decided to give it a friend, in the form of this post. Be happy category, be happy!  :D

Nadia.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Green Leaves

Peace savaga_carrot,

I agree. I have no idea what/who Johannite Baptists are? I do know who Baptists are...

BTW: I like you username savaga_carrot (a wild carrot, but what's the idea behind that?)
:: Peace

idolfree1

Peace be upon you,

I followed Green Leaves in here (I saw recent activity)  :D  I have no clue what this is about  :D

zenje

Salaam Nadia,
Quote from: "savage_carrot"This is a mystery category...why did it come about?
A member by the name of 'Kaz' had asked Layth for it, since there was a christianity category n all.
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

hlatif

I think that the Johannite baptists are a group of people that live in Iraq mainly and are known as the Sabeans or manicheans.  They believe in John the baptist and perform baptisms at the tigris river.  They were also mentioned in the Qur'an as well.  They are not christians and do not identify themselves as christian.

This is the humble knowledge that I think I know.  Others may clarify further

Hussein