News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Do you think Christ ever married?

Started by FK, November 12, 2004, 09:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FK

Peace all,

I happened to once visit a very pathetic forum run by gay Christians who claimed Jesus never married because he was gay as people during the time he lived married very young at 14 or 15, then there was no reason for him to not get married.

There was also some pagan queen who tried her best to marry Christ, but he turned away (of course, according to the Chrisitians).

I think that's stupid.  I believe he passed away young, but do any of you believe he got married?

idolfree1

Peace be upon you,

Isa, son of MAriam, was the WORD. The word that is impregnated in the mind of man(virgin birth). Isa "marries" the mind of the righteous.

TheNabi

Salaam,

Let's say that we do take Isa to be a person. Whether he married or not is not really important as far as I am concerned unless there are underlying reasons [homosexuality, unsuitable mates]. As far as I am aware the term isa means inclining toward black or white, or being of a goodly breed.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Tony

Peace,

Yes, Jesus was married and had children. The Quran is clear about that.

13:38 And certainly We sent messengers before you and gave them wives and children, and it is not in (the power of) an messenger to bring a sign except by Allah's permission; for every term there is an appointment.

Tony

khadija1

It's actually quite interesting..  I am reading 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' and 'The woman with the alabaster jar : Mary Magdalen and the Holy Grail'.. and both these books present theories that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalen and fathered children.

It's interesting, because some of the theories they put forth actually support what is in the Quran