Author Topic: 9-11-01 WE WILL NEVER FORGET  (Read 2984 times)

Oppy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
9-11-01 WE WILL NEVER FORGET
« on: September 12, 2004, 05:43:53 AM »
Remembering those innocent lives lost on that day and the heroes that rushed into the bulidings trying to save them.

How many more attacks by a few Muslims full of hate on innocent people will it take the rest of the Muslims to realize what is happening to them?

To those who still believe it was not 19 Arab Muslim men that attacked us on 9/11 then my question to you: is it just a coincidence that the innocent people that died in these countries in similar suicide or other type of attacks over the last few years were also by Arab or/and Muslim men.

Spain
Russia
Indonesia
Israel
Kenya
Saudi Arabia
Tunisia
Morocco
Turkey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Sudan
Etc.

Mystic

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 06:49:28 AM »
Oppy first define what a Muslim is. Also read this verse as well.
YUSUFALI: On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
PICKTHAL: For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.
SHAKIR: For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our messengers came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land

the attacks on the Wtc contradicts the Quran. So can u really blame the Muslims for this?

zenje

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-1
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 09:10:13 AM »
Quote from: "Oppy"

If you watch TV, read newspapers, listen to radio... they'll make damn sure you never forget it anyway. :roll:
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

Mystic

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 09:54:07 AM »
Today is the 3rd anniversary so i guess Oppy wants to celebrate it with his American friends.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 11:08:05 AM »
peace All,

you know what I'd like to be reminded of? the number of deaths in the world from malnutrition and preventable diseases. They could have a counter in the bottom right of the screen each day, increasing its total as the day went on.

Sadly, the total would be a predictable 22, 000 (approx.) each day.

:cry:

Wakas
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

zenje

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-1
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 01:36:57 PM »
Wakas,
you know what I'd like to be reminded of? the number of deaths in the world from malnutrition and preventable diseases.

Thank you bro!

In Kenya alone, other than what you stated above, which is a big killer... Approx 500 people die of AIDs everyday. :(

Try and and calculate those, from 9-11-2001.
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

Peace

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 01:54:31 PM »
Peace,
My deepest condolences go out to those who lost a loved one in the 9/11 world trade center attacks. True muslims could never have committed such atrocities, and it is a shame that people can so easily use religion as a guise in this day and age. Whether or not those behind such heinous crimes are brought to justice in this world makes no difference, God will bring them to justice nonetheless.

However, just as Waqaas stated I think there are other crimes being committed against humanity as we speak, and of which we need to be reminded. As muslims we should strive our utmost to make this World a better place, and to bring peace to all nations. God has said in the Quran that peace will be our greeting in paradise to one another, so let us strive to bring a bit of paradise into this world now.
A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it

Zulf

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 10:32:38 PM »
Oppy,

Ok, so the hijackers were probably 19 arabs and also s.c. muslims. Now what? So what should we do? Start a crusade against Islam and muslims? And what muslims? Are all muslims the same? Do all muslims share the same views?

Only a fraction of those who call themselves muslims adopt the more radical points of view that is ascribed to Islam. So what are we going to do?

What do YOU think, Oppy, would be a good way do deal with this situation?

/U/
If you name me, you negate me.

Thor

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 08:27:13 AM »
How many more attacks by a few Muslims full of hate on innocent people will it take the rest of the Muslims to realize what is happening to them?

Oppy may have intended the above question to be somewhat rhetorical ? but I have nevertheless attempted to answer it as astutely as possible ?

The number of attacks, by people who call themselves Muslims, on innocents, will have very little lasting effect on the Muslim world?s ability to realize what is happening to them ?

9-11 was a pretty big event ? and it was tempting to think it would result in a massive change in the psyche of the muslim world ? but it didn?t ? three years down the line most muslims have rationalized what happened ? and in many cases, old beliefs have only been reinforced ?

Why is that? ? I mean its not like terrorist events have not made muslims stop and think ? there are countless forums such this one ? where muslims continue to discuss 9-11 to this day ? where great shock and horror has been expressed over these events ?. but the basic fact is that most muslims have resisted changing their overall view of the world and of themselves ? furthermore, keeping in mind that modern terrorism, perpetrated by muslims, has been going on for around three to four decades now ? there is no reason to think that future muslim terrorism will alter the Muslim worlds perceptions any more than 9-11 did ?

Why, again, is that? ? the answer is that terrorism, in and of it self, is not the core problem ? it is merely a symptom ? of a diseased society ? a disease fueled by the deficiencies in muslim society ? a disease which, apart from terrorism, supports a host of other symptoms such as poverty, racism, gender discrimination, corruption etc ? and ? like any good disease?  the symptoms cripple the society ... to such a degree that it becomes extremely difficult to even begin fulfilling these basic deficiencies ...

What are these basic deficiencies? ? they are quite obvious ? education, basic human rights/freedoms, accountability/justice and fulfillment of basic nutritional/health needs ? the reason why muslim societies are in such sorry states is that there have been systematic failures ? in some cases going back for centuries ? in the fulfillment of some or all of these needs for the majority of the populations

Coming back to the core question ? no single event will bring about a massive change in the muslim society as a whole ? what is possible, however, is for elements within the society to realize whats going on ? and then to work towards bringing these society ?health? factors up ? in parallel to defeating the symptoms ? focusing entirely on the symptoms will fail ? as the current war on terror is experiencing ? and so too will fail a complete focus on the health factors ? as unfortunate aid workers around the world often experience ?

In short the best thing that can be hoped for is a gradual improvement in the state of the Muslim society over time ? IF a great deal of effort is put into dealing with ALL the contributing factors simultaneously, by those who get the big picture ?

Pessimistic but true ?
Never judge a man unless you've walked a mile in his shoes ... because by that time you're a mile away ... you've got his shoes ... and you can say whatever you like about him ...

mhsultan

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 06:12:45 PM »
If you watch TV, read newspapers, listen to radio... they'll make damn sure you never forget it anyway.

I couldn't help but think of this