Author Topic: Why worship God/The creator ?  (Read 2337 times)

shamsul-arefin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-2
Why worship God/The creator ?
« on: May 31, 2004, 03:57:54 AM »
Peace be upon all,

I have few questions which might sound weird but I would like to get some opinion from u all.....so here it goes.;

1) why do we pray to the creator ?

2) does the creator need our prayer?

3) Why does the creator wants us to follow It's message if our deeds doesnt affect It in any way while threatening us to punish if not followed ?

peace

Tay

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +11/-3
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:23:21 AM »
Peace,

My humble 2 cents:

To develop our "self".

As far as we know, the Creator "needs" nothing that we can provide.

3) Why does the creator wants us to follow It's message if our deeds doesnt affect It in any way while threatening us to punish if not followed ?

The Law is there for us to apply or ignore, with built in consequences. Applying the Divine System to our lives improves our lives, develops our "souls", preparing us for the next phase of our existence, referred to as the Hereafter: a state of blissful existence, free from the strains of daily jihad against our rebellious desire, or "Iblis". We will be in a perfect state of submission.

Ignoring or living contrary to the Divine System stunts our growth. We cannot develop. Our minds become narrow, our hearts cold. On the Last Day, if we haven't developed our "selves", we will suffer greatly, for we will be able to "see" how we could have, should have, and would have done it differently. Yet it may be too late. If the soul is not developed,  not prepared for the next phase, it cannot go on to the next phase, yet it can see it and understan what it is missing. Could there be anything more terrible?

Some verses from QXP:

29:45 (O Prophet) convey to people all that is revealed to you of the Book, and establish the Divine System. For, verily, establishment of the Divine System will shut off lewdness, stinginess and behavior contrary to the Divine Values. This is so, because Allah?s Law is the Greatest Law that can give you eminence. And (O People) Allah knows whatever you contrive on your own. (21:10, 21:24, 23:70, 43:43-44, 70:21-27 - ?Fahasha? includes miserliness and ?Munkar? is all behavior that goes against Divine Values given in the Qur?an).

2:110 Go ahead and establish the Divine System, and set up the Just Economic Order in the society. And whatever good you send forth to strengthen your ?Selves? in this manner will be stamped on your personalities and you will find it with Allah. (2:3). Behold, Allah is Seer of what you do.  

42:13 He has ordained for you all, the same System of Life that He enjoined upon Noah - And We have revealed to you (O Prophet) the same Message as We enjoined upon Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: "Establish the Divine System of Life and make no sects in it.? (O Prophet) Hard it is upon the idolaters (those who worship false 'authorities') the unity you call to. Allah draws unto Himself everyone who is willing, and guides unto Himself everyone who turns unto Him.?

98:5 And they were commanded no more than to serve Allah, keeping religion pure for Him - turning away from all that is false, as men of reason upright. And to establish the Divine System, and set up the Just Economic Order of Zakat. For, that is the Perfect System of Life.

5:48 To you (O Messenger) We have sent the Book in Sure Truth confirming the Divine Origin of whatever Scripture was before it. The Quran is the Watcher over the old Scriptures and guards the Truth in them. So, Judge between people by what Allah has revealed to you and follow not their wishes away from the Truth which has come to you. Now has come to each among you the Divine Law, and a traced-out Way. If Allah had willed, He could have made all of you humans a single people. But, He decided to let you choose your own path after showing you the Truth, and thus test yourselves. Outdo one another in ACTIONS that SERVE HUMANITY and thus grow your ?Self?. To Allah is your final Destination, of all of you. Then He will make you understand of where you differ.

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

Buzzzor

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 04:37:33 AM »
Peace!

I may have a weird answer for 3)

I wouldn't think The God wants us to follow It's message. In the reading it is stated that we can be replaced, and that The God is in no need of the alameen/worlds.

I think the punishment we get from disobeying The God is just the way things are. The God's system is immutable.

For instance (excuse the weird example) , say I jammed a paintbrush up my nose, and it bled. this is The God's punishment, because I did something incorrect or follwed falsohood (paintbrushes don't belong up noses) much like the disbelievers are said to.

6.Did they not see how many generations We have destroyed before them? We granted them dominance over the land more than what We granted you, and We sent the clouds to them abundantly, and We made rivers flow beneath them; then We destroyed them for their sins, and established after them a new generation.

[6:47] Say: ?Do you see if God?s retribution comes to you suddenly, or gradually, will anyone be destroyed except the wicked people??

[9:42] If it were a near gain, or an easy journey, they would have followed you; but the distance was too much for them. And they will swear by God: ?If we could have, we would have come with you.? They destroy themselves, and God knows they are liars.

I see transgressing in The God's system as harmful, the only ones who destroy themselves are the transgressors. None can be protected by other than The God from the retribution.

We have been warned about the retribution.

[11:2] ?That you shall serve non other than God. I am to you from Him a warner and a bearer of good news.?

[11:3] ?And seek forgiveness from your Lord, then repent to Him; He will make you enjoy an enjoyment until a predetermined period. And He gives His grace to those who are of grace. And if you turn away, then I do fear for you the retribution of a great day!?

I havn't looked for the verse/s that say this, but they basically say believe or don't it's your choice, you have a warning.

Sorry if i have rambled :oops:

peace!

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 06:18:47 AM »
peace shamsul,

If one believes in The Creator, one is likely to have an accompanying belief that The Creator is in control of everything, thus it will be natural to ask The Creator for it.

No.

I'm not entirely sure how complex you want the answer to go, anyways, points to consider: following the message (physical book) is unecessary, and we are the ones who acepted the trust/covenant.

Simpler... it is not for the benefit of The God, it is for us. The God repeatedly states it is a healing, mercy for mankind etc.
As for being punished for not following the system... all I can say is I'd expect to be punished if I committed an unjust act. This is justice.

Wakas
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Sara

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 07:15:17 AM »
Peace,

Remember, there's no such thing as 'worship' in the Quran. I think worship is a Pagan ritual. God never says to 'worship' Him in the Reading.

Sara

shamsul-arefin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-2
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 06:38:11 AM »
peace be upon all,

Thanks everyone for your answers. I am really amazed by the understandings above which also reflects mine. Its really amazing.

If we understand the system like this, only than those verses stating "no soul bares the burden of another" becomes logical. And definetly most ppl failed to understand the creators system, the natural law and thats why they condemn each other just because they differ in faith.

All these ppl who are willing to die for these man made characterized allah has failed to understand the creators natural law. This all makes sense why so called muslim coutries are in soooooooooo much misery.

peace

idolfree1

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 11:21:49 AM »
Peace be upon you,

I beleive that we call on the Creator(du'a) as a means of focusing on the object at hand. Let me explain. First and Foremost, the God is not an object in space that needs words spoken to Him. All that we do is to benefit us in this system of the God. The God certainly needs nothing from us.

On to the example, lets say I need a job so that I can support my family. Well, the first thing to do is to get this in your MIND. The MIND (nafs) is your GARDEN that you plant seeds in so they can grow. If you do not plant the seeds you want, you will not reap the fruits you want. I liken the seed selection process to "prayer". Prayer helps us to focus on the objective, in this case, getting a job. Once we have prayed for the answer, then we must start the process of watering those seeds (salaat).

No. Anything that we could possibly give to the God, He has already given to us first  :D

I believe that it is beneficial to the WHOLE if all the parts work for the same goal. We punish ourselves by doing wrong, and that is how the God punishes. I personally believe that the human is the part of the WHOLE that does the experiencing. It is not the human who sees, but it is the SEER who sees  :D If any of us does not choose to submit, then he will be replaced because the God has endless resources, or is the endless resource.