Author Topic: What is Idle/Vain Talk?  (Read 142 times)

LetTheTruthBeTold

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
What is Idle/Vain Talk?
« on: July 21, 2021, 05:41:37 AM »
Peace everyone, I hope all of you are doing well.

What is your understanding of vain/idle speech?

Is vain/idle speech just a category which mocking, slandering, gossip, etc, falls into? Or is it a form of evil speech in its own class?

Thank you, peace.
39:53  Say: "O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of the mercy of God. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful."

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +7/-2
Re: What is Idle/Vain Talk?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 06:50:04 AM »
Peace LetTheTruthBeTold.
Vain talk used to only be an issue when groups of people came together, but with the commonness of social media and smartphones, vain talk, or laghw in Arabic, is now a serious problem in phone calls, text or WhatsApp messages, or commenting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

There are two types of idle talk: one which is not harmful but has no benefit, and the other which causes harm and is sinful.

Would you be able to tell the difference between a vain /idle talk and one that has is not deliberate or intentional? Not always. Sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference even if one thinks they know the reasons behind someone else’s speech or action, it is really impossible to know. sometimes

The best thing to do with your friends and family is to assume the best in all of them and treat each statement as if it came from the best intentions. You may think you already do that, but most people are surprised at how much they judge their family and friends.

If you make a commitment to yourself to only assume the best in people , you will be surprised at how hard it is. You will also be surprised at how much better your relationships will be.

With yourself, it is an easy task, because you know yourself well and you have the power to control what you say and do.

That is the key of how one can protect themselves.
Of course GOD is our overall protected  if we trust in HIM fully.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 08:06:18 AM »
Peace everyone, I hope all of you are doing well.

What is your understanding of vain/idle speech?

Is vain/idle speech just a category which mocking, slandering, gossip, etc, falls into? Or is it a form of evil speech in its own class?

Thank you, peace.

Peace...

For me... I think...  Idle talk is that's neither benefit tangibly for self or to the one who hears or listen or read it...

Just in nutshell wasting time without being given the time it's merit... So self should know when involved in what is idle talk

LetTheTruthBeTold

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 10:58:03 AM »
Thank you Good Logic and Jkhan for your responses, very much appreciated 👍.
39:53  Say: "O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of the mercy of God. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful."

spodacus

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:47:40 AM »
Salam, vain talk or action is anything that causes one into commiting gross or minor sin at the worst case. At the best case, vain talk or action is anything that "waste your time" with regard to developing your soul in preparation to day of judgement. We are human so we always will make mistakes like participate in vain things but we should develop our Iman to the point that at least we can identify vain things from our lives and remove it as much as possible.

You can also convert a vain things into something righteous. For example taking a 1 week vacation for non believers they focus on their own relaxation and escape from reality which is a vain things. For a guided person, they take 1 or 2 days in the vacation and maybe do some charity work at the new destination and the rest they use to relax and ponder on Allah. Can you see the difference? The same vacation for the non believer is really waste of time but for the righteous person he or she has converted the vacation into a righteous deed.