News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

A new research about Islam and Hadith...

Started by zizo, March 22, 2004, 11:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zizo

Besm ellah elrahman elraheem
Salam everyone.

I thought recently about making a detailed research and writing it down about Islam and Hadith. I intend to write in about 3 to 5 years, taking into account Quran of course, the bible in it's current form, hadith books, feqh books and every stuff about the talmud and history I can get my hands on.

I will try to keep it unbiased as much as possible and to show the parallels between insertions into old religions and Islam. The reason why I intend to take such a long time is because I would need to read all the references thouroughly before I can even start.
If such a research could be prepared from a neutral point of view (I still don't know if we should discredit all hadith) then it might help to spread the word and at least stop many of the unislamic customs.

I intend to publish it online and annonemously only.

So what do you think about this project?

zenje

Salaam zizo,

My thoughts...

Good job!  :D  I wish you all the best. If there's anything I can help with, please let me know.

I would advise you, as part of your research, to look through the numerous articles already written on this website regarding this subject.
QuoteIf such a research could be prepared from a neutral point of view (I still don't know if we should discredit all hadith)...
If it's truly from a neutral point of view (without sunni/shia thoughts in the background)... then IMHO I don't see how you can 'credit' any hadith! :wink:

Just my opinion.

Peace!
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

FRANK

Asalamu alaikum Zizo,Zenje,All.....Zizo said
Quote:"I thought recently about making a detailed research and writing it down about Islam and Hadith. I intend to write in about 3 to 5 years, taking into account Quran of course, the bible in it's current form, hadith books, feqh books and every stuff about the talmud and history I can get my hands on
This is a wonderful Idea,however I can  imagine it would take more than 3-5 years,if you actually  intend to  thourghly  research  and study the material which you have mentioned :wink: -InshaAllah may you be successful in doing so! And
QuoteZizo said:"I still don't know if we should discredit all hadith
'Brother,for one to totally discredit each and every single ahadeeth, is to discard any and all knowledge of the early Muslim era[history][unfortunately this is what some have done].....I am of those whom believe that at the very least the ahadeeth has  a historical value and is thus,relevant,yet perhaps not obligatory to be precisely obeyed in religion..Anyways, Whatever you choose,May Allah guide you in your decision and  this work :D  -Salaams
Check it out!- Hizb-ut-tahrir--->[url="http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.org/english/"]http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.org/english/[/url]

zizo

Yes frank, I do agree with you that it does have historical value. (hadith)

About the research, I know that it might take more than 3 to 5 years, but I hope to be able to accomplish at least part of it in that time. A first version or something. Of course I will keep reading other people's opinions all along. That can help to decrease the time a little.

I see that many researches on hadith are available online which discredit hadith, but there is very few in Arabic, that's why i will primarily write it in Arabic, because the argument is so often here that those who wrote aren't even native in the language.

Thank you very much for your encouragement.