News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

A dislike of children?

Started by Nafisa, March 08, 2004, 11:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR

Quote from: Leyna on April 21, 2010, 04:37:42 AM
I did not say that what is being described in the article is in any way acceptable. My post was referring to some of the comments on here.

How can people not prefer to have children if they aren't brainwashed or pre-occupied with running after money, or willfully preventing the birth of a child?
Masalam

P.S. I am a muslim. Do you love the quran?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f"]http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f[/url]

Leyna

In an exhaustive -- and exhausting -- book on motherhood, anthropologist Sara Blaffer Hrdy breaks some big news: There is no such thing as maternal instinct

afridi220

Quote from: FAR on April 20, 2010, 07:41:14 PM
Give her some money, and she will have one.

Why not if she ask for :)
Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway

FAR

Quote from: Leyna on April 21, 2010, 06:46:09 AM

In an exhaustive -- and exhausting -- book on motherhood, anthropologist Sara Blaffer Hrdy breaks some big news: There is no such thing as maternal instinct

Mate... these people are pulling your tail! Most of the time the women who kill their own children is because it was pushed upon them by their society. Surely you know what I'm talking about?
Masalam

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f"]http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f[/url]

Madhoshi04

Quote from: FAR on April 21, 2010, 06:23:35 AM
How can people not prefer to have children if they aren't brainwashed or pre-occupied with running after money, or willfully preventing the birth of a child?

Simply because all devotion should be to God. Anything that distracts you including children you should avoid. Is there a law that mandates reproducing? Most people do it since everyone else does or due to hormones. It's an experience you CHOSE for yourself, God willing, of course. Why do you equate the desire not to have children to running after money? When in fact, the Quran mentions children and wealth together in many verses referring both to as objects of distraction:

See 3:10, 3:116, 9:55,9:69,34:35,34:37,57:20,58:17,60:30,63:9,64:14,64:15,70:11,71:21

FAR

Quote from: Madhoshi04 on April 21, 2010, 03:45:24 PM
Simply because all devotion should be to God. Anything that distracts you including children you should avoid. Is there a law that mandates reproducing? Most people do it since everyone else does or due to hormones. It's an experience you CHOSE for yourself, God willing, of course. Why do you equate the desire not to have children to running after money? When in fact, the Quran mentions children and wealth together in many verses referring both to as objects of distraction:

See 3:10, 3:116, 9:55,9:69,34:35,34:37,57:20,58:17,60:30,63:9,64:14,64:15,70:11,71:21

Those verses aren't talking about avoiding children or avoiding worldly life... they're about not getting distracted away from allah and concentrating on what one may think of what children should get. Such as when parents start giving their children whatever their children pester the parents for. Or parents giving material things to keep the children happy. Or parents not teaching their children about islam, or saying "oh my child, you can do whatever you like", were as Jacob father of Yusuf may peace be upon them both, rather told his sons quran 2:132 that they dare not die without islam.

These are blessings, the distraction is that where you could get distracted, but blessings and rewards from raising good kids is there. Not only that but in this life they are a distraction from what is to be found better and more in the hereafter.

Well when people don't have children, most of the reasons giving as I've heard is "career, education, success stability first".
Masalam

Madhoshi04

Quote from: FAR on April 21, 2010, 06:07:59 PM

Those verses aren't talking about avoiding children or avoiding worldly life... they're about not getting distracted away from allah and concentrating on what one may think of what children should get. Such as when parents start giving their children whatever their children pester the parents for. Or parents giving material things to keep the children happy. Or parents not teaching their children about islam, or saying "oh my child, you can do whatever you like", were as Jacob father of Yusuf may peace be upon them both, rather told his sons quran 2:132 that they dare not die without islam.

These are blessings, the distraction is that where you could get distracted, but blessings and rewards from raising good kids is there. Not only that but in this life they are a distraction from what is to be found better and more in the hereafter.

Well when people don't have children, most of the reasons giving as I've heard is "career, education, success stability first".

You can certainly be rewarded for raising righteous children. It is your responsibility to do so. But if you dont want to bother with kids, and concentrate on other righteous endeavors. That's perfectly valid too.

Certain people dont want to have children for career, education, success, or simply don't want to. It is their perrogative. Like I said, reproduction is not mandatory. there are others that want to wait until they are "stable" first, which makes sense, Financially, it keeps the rest of society from paying to raise your kids. Practically, children are huge responsibility and require immense time. If you can't commit to that, it's better not to have kids. What you invest is what you get.

FAR

Quote from: Madhoshi04 on April 22, 2010, 07:05:38 PM
You can certainly be rewarded for raising righteous children. It is your responsibility to do so. But if you dont want to bother with kids, and concentrate on other righteous endeavors. That's perfectly valid too.

Certain people dont want to have children for career, education, success, or simply don't want to. It is their perrogative. Like I said, reproduction is not mandatory. there are others that want to wait until they are "stable" first, which makes sense, Financially, it keeps the rest of society from paying to raise your kids. Practically, children are huge responsibility and require immense time. If you can't commit to that, it's better not to have kids. What you invest is what you get.

But if people stopped giving birth... then were would the legacy of islam go but into the grave with you?

Reproduction is the only thing that keeps the faith alive. As prophet jacob demanded upon his children, and prophet abraham prayed for from the god.

It's not better to not have kids. It's better to have kids and for you to give them islam.

Madhoshi, if the god willed you had kids... you'd be able to give them quran and your opinions clearly. No external body would be able to prevent you from doing that. And you'll get what you desire kids should have. You'd give them what you believe would get them into heaven.

Surely the prayer of the child would be answered:

Qur'an - Al-Ahqaf 46:15

And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents.  His mother bears him with hardship and she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty  months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says:  "My Lord!  Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my off-spring good.  Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."

How will man be dutiful to his parents, if there are no children? How will offspring be good if man doesn't desire them?
Masalam

jaythikay99

Quote from: Leyna on April 21, 2010, 06:46:09 AM

:& :& :&