Author Topic: Project: 'Root List'  (Read 36061 times)

Comrox

• Truth Seeker
Re: Project: 'Root List'
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2017, 08:12:58 PM »
I understand these kind of projects take time and the people capable of getting them completed, but I see on the website that PRL is listed as incomplete at 93%, as it has for some time now. Is there any estimated time for when users can hope for the project to be completed?
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:31 PM »
It is pretty much finished but the last part was going to be adding even more grammar detail for each word occurrence by incorporating the updated grammatical info from corpus.quran.com into PRL but Corpus has not been updated in a long time and may never be.

Even if it was updated I probably wouldn't have the time to oversee its incorporation but by linking to corpus this would have reduced the issue somewhat.

Look under the first few root entries under Saad to get an idea of what we were aiming for.

The next step could be to produce an app for iOS/Apple devices which would be handy but I really dislike Apple's long and costly bureaucratic process for app creation so cant be bothered dealing with it, but of course others are welcome to create one as long as its not for profit. Could put out a call for funds and just award this job to an app creation company to do for us. What do people think?

Does anyone know of an existing iOS app that is a Quran concordance/dictionary/grammar in one?
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

TellMeTheTruth

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2018, 08:06:33 AM »
Salamun, Brothers & Sisters!

PRLOnline is very useful source. But I am unable to see my very favourite dictionary 'Brills' any more. Can you tell me where can i download or view Brills dictionary without paying?

The Sardar

• Apprentice
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2018, 08:32:56 AM »
Salamun, Brothers & Sisters!

PRLOnline is very useful source. But I am unable to see my very favourite dictionary 'Brills' any more. Can you tell me where can i download or view Brills dictionary without paying?
Bold: I never heard of Brills dictionary. Could explain it to me?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
He is likely referring to:
http://www.brill.com/arabic-english-dictionary-quranic-usage

You can get it here:
https://archive.org/details/EnArabicEnglishDictionaryQuranicUsage

I recommend everyone to download it. Do not think an online link will last forever. Same with the books on here.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2018, 01:21:14 AM »
He is likely referring to:
http://www.brill.com/arabic-english-dictionary-quranic-usage

You can get it here:
https://archive.org/details/EnArabicEnglishDictionaryQuranicUsage

I recommend everyone to download it. Do not think an online link will last forever. Same with the books on here.

Thank you for the advice and the links, great help.

Salaam

TellMeTheTruth

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2018, 05:40:50 AM »
Salam & Thanks, Wakas! :)

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
Thank you for the advice and the links, great help.

Salaam

Another source of semantics of Quran.

It lists all the Roots, and words stemming from them that occur in Qur'aan, with their morphological specifications;

Semantic field -concept of Root; ayahs where used; plus related Roots; and link to Lane's Lexicon and classical lexicons.

Semantics of Quran