Author Topic: Project: 'Root List'  (Read 58400 times)

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Project: 'Root List'
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
mmkhan,

Thanks.

You are welcome brother.

May Allah increase us all in knowledge and guide us all to His true path  :pr
Mohammed M. Khan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2011, 02:21:59 AM »
It is now for 1500 words-continuously being upgraded, to convert it into an Encylopaedia.

Grand Qur'aan-the Guarantor and Sustainer of the living Life

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2011, 03:59:22 AM »
It is now for 1500 words-continuously being upgraded, to convert it into an Encylopaedia.

Grand Qur'aan-the Guarantor and Sustainer of the living Life

2000 words are uploaded

Also Articles

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
Wakas,

Peace

To make this thread living, I propose that we should start studying the Roots, alphabetically, and put our thoughts and studied material here. Let us start with first Root ء ب ب

Root: ء ب ب

a) Total occurrences: 1 

b) No of constructions: 1

The only word made from this Root is which occurs once in the Grand Qur'aan. Conjecturers made a story that the Second Caliph Syedena Umar bin Khatab, with whom Allah, the Exalted is since pleased Who has also declared his status and position as the Great till the Last Day as compared to all those who became believers after the conquest of Mecca, did not know the meanings of this word. Thereafter, this conjectural gossip keeps finding mention in the dictionaries [refer dictionary compiled by Elsaid M Badawi, Muhammad Abdul Haleem]. Ridiculousness of this conjectural gossip may be adjudged from the fact that the meanings of the word are already given and defined by the Qur'aan in the sentence.

[Same pronouncement in same words in 79:33]

and fruits and fodder/grass-pasture, [80:31] respectively serving as means of sustenance for you, and for the  mammals of you people. [80:32]

Noun: Indefinite; Singular; Masculine; accusative. (1)80:31=1      اسم :منصوب-واحد مذكر  Herbage, Pasture.

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

fabrinoo

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
Mr. Waqas
Peace
We could get a rough draft of about 500 roots within a year, GW.

I can manage all the website stuff, all I need is participants to post the roots they look up. Once we get a rough draft, we can combine lexicons and add to the meanings if they are covered better in some etc.
if our objective is only to use Arabic dictionaries to understand Quran and not Arabic language in general than, I recomend Mr.GA.Pervaiz's Lughat ul Quran. It is in Urdu language but I am trying to translate it for my brothers and sisters belong to Quran Alone. Please visit my blog: rmakhtar.blogspot.com where I have translated the words "DUA'A" "SUBER" and "SHUKAR".  I intend to translate further, Inshallah.
If i can be of any service, Am there.
Peace

َالَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِّرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ لَمْ يَخِرُّوا عَلَيْهَا صُمًّا وَعُمْيَانًا

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
GAP's English translation is already available on line.

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2012, 03:23:48 AM »

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
salaam/peace all,

I am shortly going to be working on linking every root in PRL to its root page in corpus. To get an idea of what I mean please see the first few root entries on the Alif page:
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/1_ALIF.htm

If anyone knows how to do this using a script rather than doing it manually, let me know. Otherwise I will need volunteers. It's easy, just cutting, pasting, typing. Easy but time consuming.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

johan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:52 PM »
salaam/peace all,

I am shortly going to be working on linking every root in PRL to its root page in corpus. To get an idea of what I mean please see the first few root entries on the Alif page:
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/1_ALIF.htm

If anyone knows how to do this using a script rather than doing it manually, let me know. Otherwise I will need volunteers. It's easy, just cutting, pasting, typing. Easy but time consuming.
Salam Wakas,
Nice..much needed.. :eat:
appreciate your efforts..
thanks and peace
Peace