Author Topic: Muhammad(pbuh)  (Read 7058 times)

Bigmo

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Muhammad(pbuh)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »
Why would the Talmud be notorious when it comes to paedophilia if the marriage is consumated much later? You mean it has been taken out of context like with the Prophets marriage to Aisha (if she was really 9 years old)?

First of all the Koran does not dwell into the private lives of prophets. Its mainly concerned about their theological aspecat and the Koran relates the stroies of the prophet from a theological aspect. What their private lives was like is not a concern of the Koran. There is very little about Muhammad's life in the Koran or for that matter any other prophet

The Talmud footnotes 3 and 4 to Sanhedrin 55a clearly tell us when the rabbis considered a boy and girl sexually mature and thus ready for marriage. "At nine years a male attains sexual matureness? The sexual matureness of woman is reached at the age of three."

The Pharisees justified child rape by explaining that a boy of nine years was not a ?man? (See, "Judaism and Homosexuality: A Marriage Made in Hell") Thus they exempted him from God?s Mosaic Law: ?You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination? (Lev. 18:22) One passage in the Talmud gives permission for a woman who molested her young son to marry a high priest. It concludes, ?All agree that the connection of a boy aged nine years and a day is a real connection; whilst that of one less than eight years is not." 5 Because a boy under 9 is sexually immature, he can't "throw guilt" on the active offender, morally or legally. 6

A woman could molest a young boy without questions of morality even being raised: "?the intercourse of a small boy is not regarded as a sexual act." 7 The Talmud also says, "A male aged nine years and a day who cohabits with his deceased brother's wife acquires her (as wife)." 8 Clearly, the Talmud teaches that a woman is permitted to marry and have sex with a nine year old boy.

Sanhedrin 54b . A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.

So there is this similarity about 9 year old.
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

Alen

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +11/-2
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 02:44:23 AM »
Ive read the koran a few times and i am convinced it is from god. I strongly agree with the practice of following islam through the koran only. However i question my faith sometimes only because of early islamic history recorded in hadiths.
Such as muhammad's(pbuh) marriage to aisha at 6 and consummation of their marriage when she was only 9 and he was in his 50's.
The conquests of surrounding nations by caliphs and companions of the prophets who clearly showed first aggression which is supposedly suppose to be forbidden in islamic teachings. the conquests of these nations is in history. Is this really what muhammad(pbuh) taught? Did he also conquer the arabian peninsula against koranic teachings or were each of his battles in self-defence?
Help strenghten my faith by providing evidence if u can. Jazakallah Khair

Peace,
Respectfully.

First of all, Thank God Who has guided you.
Second, prophet Muhammad was not married to any minor, that is a fact.
Third, compare prophet Muhammad from The Quran with prophet Muhammad from the hadith books.

May The Exalted God bless you and give you more Strength in Islam.
Glory be to our God.
Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +40/-0
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »
How did islam spread that fast then. I mean i agree that the concept of one all powerful god sending prophets is simple and very convincing but i dont see how people can abandon the religions of their fathers so easily. it is a hard thing to break especially for entire populations. i can see maybe conquest of these lands but not the forced conversion of the populace. That must have come slowly and they saw the beauty in islam. But still conquests are barbaric and un-islamic.
Can u show that all Muhammad(pbuh) fought defensively only? Also the the night raids he made against meccan caravans casualties had to include women and children. This was economic warfare.
So was bin ladens attack on world trade center which included women and children casualties.

Muhammad and his mates did the conquests to neighboring countries...
It was 'political' decision.. the aim was to 'make war with the oppressor till there are no more oppression'..
("Operation Middle East Freedom". :D)

"Justified War" is not only on "Self Defense"..
If there are ruthless / evil ruler oppressing a group of people (e.g. killing them through gas) , making war to topple that ruler and establish peace and justice can be considered "Justified War".

Back then "The Byzantine" and "Persian" is so ruthless and do a lot of 'forced conversion' on its people. (e.g. The byzantine oppressed the jews, unless they're converting to Christianity, they are subject for massacre..).

I myself doubt that Muhammad do a 'religion conversion', as 'Islam' back then was not a 'religion' as we know today..
Later on the 'movement' was evolved into a religion/sect, complete with its priestly class and forced dogma..

The evidence is so striking on today's "Islam" it is actually a 'mixed culture/faith' contains elements from Judaism, Christianity, Zoroaster and Arab/Kanaan Paganism..

And there are no 'night raids' on meccan caravans mentioned in the Quran..

Diem

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
Interesting point to share. I was recently talking with some Sunni friends that were frustrated with Zul'Qarnain being confused as Alexander the Great by Christians. According to them, a conqueror/emperor/warrior king could not be a Muslim. Oh the irony.

I laughed.
Each of us must light our own torch of knowledge. Verify what you read and discover the truth for yourself. (17:36; 10:100; 39:17-18; 41:53; 42:21; 6:114-116; 10:36; 12:111; 20:114; 21:7; 35:28; 38:29).

?? this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom ? and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.?
-Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address

almarh0m

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
Peace be upon you all

Muhammad was a just 'Revolutianary' like all other Great Revolutionaries of the bygone millenia such as Noah , Abraham , Moses and Isa ( Jesus ) et al . All and each of these individuals Transformed societies in their respected Eras . I never believed that these great leaders of men simply brought religions and certain rituals to be followed by their people . One does not get persecuted with such great hatred and malice by one's own people for asking them to perform rituals . One thing I am sure of is , that these great Imams ( leaders of men ) transformed their societies from barbaric , cruel , polytheistic and uncivilized one into a greatly civilized , established justice and equality amongst men and women .

Muhammad or Ahmad shared a lot of similarities with these past great prophets/messengers/Imams and have a lot in common with them . We could deduce from The Qur'an that , these Great Leaders were all chosen by Allah/God as His prophets/Messengers from amongst The Seekers of Truth and Knowledge , and they all had to go through the necessary learning processes as any human being should . In the case of Ibrahim we could see these process through The Qur'an 6:75-79 , as for Moses ...18:60-82 , these are by no means all of the Qur'anic evidences as there are much more to be found in the great reading . I have not cited any verses in Muhammad's case because there are far too many in the Qur'an .

Peace

almarh0m
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

Samia

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +9/-1
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »

"Justified War" is not only on "Self Defense"..
If there are ruthless / evil ruler oppressing a group of people (e.g. killing them through gas) , making war to topple that ruler and establish peace and justice can be considered "Justified War".

I agree with you. Verse 4:75: And why wouldn't you fight in the cause of God and the vulnerable men, women and children?