Author Topic: Rebuttal to article by Wakas: Disproved once and for all salat=prayer  (Read 6014 times)

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Salam/Peace Wakas, i know this is a 12 years old discussion but i wonder where is your rebuttal to IQO's own rebuttal?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
The link no longer works, so here it is below:
http://mypercept.co.uk/IQO.htm
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
*the Arabic words 'al quran' are most closely translated to 'the reading'.

It is a meaningless rendition, "the reading", it needs other words.

reading
/ˈriːdɪŋ/
noun
the action or skill of reading.
"the reading of a will"
synonyms perusal, study, scan, scanning, scrutiny; More
an occasion at which pieces of literature are read to an audience.
"a poetry reading"

Importance of the title of a book: Perception and meanings conveyed by the title:

Experts and educationists suggest that the first rule in critical reading is that you must know what kind of a book is in your hand; and they say that we should know this as early in the process as possible, preferably before we begin to read. Many readers ignore titles and prefaces because perhaps they do not think it important to classify the book they are about to read. However, the author of a book facilitates its reader to know the kind of book he is being given by assigning it a title. Obviously, a descriptive and illustrative title will be considered the best for a reader to facilitate him immediately classify the book in hand.

http://haqeeqat.pk/TranslationTitle.htm

NK

• Apprentice
Dear Wakas,

I completely agree with your analysis of chapter 9 verse 5. There is no way in this verse the word "slw" means traditional prayer commonly described by scholars. The context and teaching of the book never allow to take this interpretation. However i believe that "slw" also means prayer but not in this context.  Your article helped me to solve my life long confusion.

My question is: Why in verse 29 of the chapter 9,  the punishment of the people of the book is different than Polytheist?. Why people of the book was not asked to "Aqeemo As-slw and aatuz zakat"? Only asked to pay "Jizya"?

Please reply.

NK.