News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

God needs us and/or we need God?

Started by Danish, August 15, 2006, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danish

Any understanding will be appreciated and hope that members can participate and discuss this issue without provocations and ill-will?

zenje

My understanding - we need God, God does not need.

Peace
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

Al-Quraishi

I agree with you 100% Zenje without one single provocation or ill-will ;)

Danish

Quote from: zenje on August 15, 2006, 12:32:35 PM
My understanding - we need God, God does not need.
Peace Zein, all,

That is part of the concern requested. Can you please expand on this notion of "we need God but God doesn't need us"? Thanks.

Al-Quraishi

God is the self-sufficient, eternal, all powerful. The omnipotence of God is part of our fundamental beliefs basically, can't see this being much more of a discussion unless you wish to elaborate further.

zenje

Peace Danish,

I agree with what Al-Quraishi just pointed out. Also, the God is the Sustainer, Provider, Nourisher... we need the God. The God does not need, period.

I'm not sure if you're looking for something in particular, in your question, or am I missing something?

:peace:
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

alpha97

Peace all,

In the frame of human mind seeing |a purpose | indicates a need behind it!
Where there is an invention, first was a need!
When there is a plan, one searches a purpose. and in that purpose one EXAMINES THE DEGREE OF fullfillment to a NEED.
The creation is purposeful but the maker is not in NEED.
Here the parallel is broken. Man can not rationalize the act of GOD with the indicators of his own existence.
Later i will elaborate more!

HOWAL AZZIZ OL SAMAD
As the light of the sun helps the plant to grow, so the divine Spirit helps the soul towards its perfection.

Danish

Quote from: Al-Quraishi on August 15, 2006, 01:29:31 PM
God is the self-sufficient, eternal, all powerful. The omnipotence of God is part of our fundamental beliefs basically,...
And just how do know all this? If God doesn't need us, then what was "HIS" purpose of sending messengers and scriptures for us to obey "HIM"?

Danish

Quote from: alpha97 on August 15, 2006, 03:30:33 PM
Peace all,

In the frame of human mind seeing |a purpose | indicates a need behind it!
Where there is an invention, first was a need!
When there is a plan, one searches a purpose. and in that purpose one EXAMINES THE DEGREE OF fullfillment to a NEED.
The creation is purposeful but the maker is not in NEED.
Here the parallel is broken. Man can not rationalize the act of GOD with the indicators of his own existence.
Later i will elaborate more!

HOWAL AZZIZ OL SAMAD
Good deal, I'd certainly love to hear from you.

idolfree1

Peace be upon you,

God DOES need man, just not the individual. What I mean is that we SERVE the God as vehicles for his attributes to come into the world. But we say the God does not need because wether it is you or I or someone else, the God WILL manifest. Thats why we can say that the God does not need. So to put it more clearly, the God USES man, but does not need anyone in particular.