Author Topic: Placing pbuh after prophets name  (Read 3310 times)

idolfree1

Re: Placing pbuh after prophets name
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 05:57:03 AM »
Peace be upon all of you,

I agree with Magi and Edip that the way to show respect is to be serious about following the very same message they all brought to "awaken" the One God within us all.

As Samia correctly asked, "Who are His servants that He has selected"? The answer is anyone who selects to manifest the God's attributes through programming thier Spirit(nafs) to do so. This can and should be all of us, so Peace be upon us all.

Lastly, it is interesting to note those who put (PBUH) behind the word "muhammadun", but leave Allah by itself. There is no need for any of those additions.

Samia

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +9/-1
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 06:19:35 AM »
Lastly, it is interesting to note those who put (PBUH) behind the word "muhammadun", but leave Allah by itself. There is no need for any of those additions.

ُExactly!! Maybe you also experienced saying, for example: Allah commands or says so and so, no one will say anything. The moment you say Mohammad or the messenger/prophet said so and so, everyone would interrupt you with "salla allahu 3alaihi wa sallam"; and that's everytime you mention him!!

idolfree1

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 06:25:36 AM »
Peace be upon you Samia,

ُExactly!! Maybe you also experienced saying, for example: Allah commands or says so and so, no one will say anything. The moment you say Mohammad or the messenger/prophet said so and so, everyone would interrupt you with "salla allahu 3alaihi wa sallam"; and that's everytime you mention him!!

Absolutely. And when you point this out to those who do that, they will correct themselves by adding (SWT) after Allah for a few moments rather than stop saying words after Muhammad, them if you catch them next week, they will be right back to it. Its a SUBCONSCIOUS thing, which is why they go right back to it. We must REPROGRAM our spirits to manifest the proper behavior through the process of "salaat".

M_Mehdi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 07:20:08 AM »
Lastly, it is interesting to note those who put (PBUH) behind the word "muhammadun", but leave Allah by itself.

Idol, why would you need to wish peace upon the source of peace? Your logic does not seems to make sense. Please explain further.

Samia, please be mindful that there is a fine line of Discrimination here that appears to be crossed. The word Discrimination seems to be been popping up in this subject as in Edip's point of view which you agree with. The sense of generalization in your words towards traditionalists is somewhat discriminatory by itself.

Discrimination - Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice: racial discrimination; discrimination against foreigners.

peace.

Samia

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +9/-1
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 07:31:20 AM »
The sense of generalization in your words towards traditionalists is somewhat discriminatory by itself.

OK. I will rephrase:

The problem with many traditionlists (although I personally never met or heard any of them who does not fit what I am going to say) is that they do not bother to put a title before any prophet except before prophet Mohammad (a must) and Jesus (you may not). Even in this case, it is still considered blasphemic to say: Mohammad pbuh (in Arabic: 3alaihis-salaam) because this is reserved for Jesus only. The Arabic "title of respect" for prophet Mohammad is (in transliteration): Salla allahu 3alaihi wa sallam (Allah prays upon him and greets him), with reference to verse: 33:56
Posted on: August 14, 2006, 07:51:15 PMPosted by: M

idolfree1

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 07:55:07 AM »
Peace be upon you M Mehdi,

Lastly, it is interesting to note those who put (PBUH) behind the word "muhammadun", but leave Allah by itself.

Idol, why would you need to wish peace upon the source of peace? Your logic does not seems to make sense. Please explain further.

The point I was making is that sectarians are taught to say (pbuh) after Muhammad and (SWT) after Allah. But most often you dont see the (SWT), but always the (PBUH). I used to point this out to people in the very forum, and they would adress it by adding (SWT) after Allah for a few posts, but then fall back into thier "programming" after a day, if not sooner.

I hope that clarifies my point.

Zara

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 03:29:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I am reaching a much clearer understanding of this issue.

I see nothing wrong with using  "peace be upon him"  occassionally but it is not an absolute requirement  after every mention of a prophets name. 

Peace

idolfree1

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 08:31:55 AM »
Peace be upon you Zara,

What would be the REASON for saying "peace be upon you" after saying a prophets name, only sometimes? Is it out of fear that you should be doing it? Thats what you have to ask yourself. In any case, there is no compulsion and your decision is respected.

M_Mehdi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »
What would be the REASON for saying "peace be upon you" after saying a prophets name, only sometimes? Is it out of fear that you should be doing it? Thats what you have to ask yourself. In any case, there is no compulsion and your decision is respected.

salam Idolfree1,

This morning I logged onto the board and saw your reply back to me, thank you. I decided not to continue on this thread since Zara's question was answered for her. I felt no more reason to continue on this discussion. Since I see your wish to continue to push your agenda, I will proceed. :)

The point I was making is that sectarians are taught to say (pbuh) after Muhammad and (SWT) after Allah. But most often you dont see the (SWT), but always the (PBUH). I used to point this out to people in the very forum, and they would adress it by adding (SWT) after Allah for a few posts, but then fall back into thier "programming" after a day, if not sooner.

This again does not make much sense here brother, because if in fact you wish others to stop the practice of uttering such sayings after the name of a Prophet or Allah, then why would you remind another to continue?

Is it out of fear that you should be doing it? Thats what you have to ask yourself.

Why would it have to be out of fear that one would say," Muhammad(pboh)"? I would have taken your question to be sincere question to find out where Zara is coming from, however you added, "Thats what you have to ask yourself." Isn't this a bit presumptuous? It appears to say more of your mind set, than of the subject at hand.

peace.

amanda

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »
salam alaykum wr wb

i do not agree with edip in the fact that each time the quran says "say" we are supposed to recite it

the say: distinguishes what Muhamamd was told to say this is what i have concluded

and the other verses perhaps are the Scripture..

there is Quran and Scripture inside the book called "The Message"

this is why some sunnis think the verse about the Scripture and the Wisdom..they think it refers to the Quran and the Hadeeth which in fact the Quran states that the quran is clearly "marked"

and some verses from the previous generations that were revealed have been clarified form my knowledge

so if someone says "say" this is what God commanded Muhamamd to say in my humblest of views not what we are commanded to say

27:59.   Say: ?Praise be to God, and peace be upon His servants whom He has selected.? Is God better, or that which you set up?

Although a Prophet is a Servant of Allah I would tend to say servants and prophets would be on different levels my guess since anyone who submits can be a servant right? but just becasue your a servant doesnt mean you can be a prophet.....

if it is permisible for a Prophet to say somehting then why would it not be allowed for us?

any feedback is appreciated

AManda