Author Topic: Why choose "Qur'an Alone"? (Help from the current Followers)!!!  (Read 3058 times)

tanveermd

Re: Why choose "Qur'an Alone"? (Help from the current Followers)!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 05:36:52 AM »
Peace be upon you brother Mustafa,

Welcome to the forum.  :welcome:

First of all please allow me to clarify somethings about myself:

I consider myself a "muslim" i.e. submissive to Allah alone.

I believe that islam does not have ANY sects.

For me, the source of guidance and law is Allah alone.

I do not consider Rashad Khalifa to be a messenger of Allah.

I believe that "code 19" is nothing but a fitna for the disbelievers and do not need any "code 19" to believe in al-qur'aan as Allah's word.

I do not reject any verse of al-qur'aan and do not add any verse to it either and I believe that Allah Himself has preserved the message:

41:42 No falsehood could enter it, presently or afterwards; a revelation from a Most Wise, Praiseworthy.

15:9 Indeed it is We who have sent down the Reminder, and indeed it is We who will preserve it.

Now coming to why we should follow al-qur'aan for our guidance:

3:64 Say: "O people of the Scripture, let us come to a common understanding between us and between you; that we do not serve except God, and do not set up anything at all with Him, and that none of us takes each other as patrons beside God." If they turn away, then Say: "Bear witness that we have submitted."

17:46 And we place shields over their hearts, that they should not understand it, and a deafness in their ears. And if you mention your Lord in the Qur'aan alone, they run away turning their backs in aversion.

Following the unverifiable hearsays and rumors and the baseless and fabricated sayings falsely attributed to the messenger and accepting them as the source of law and guidance in addition to Allah's revelations is setting up the authors of those fabricated sayings as partners with Allah and idolizing them which is the highest form of sin and makes one a disbeliever.

3:80 Nor does He order you that you take the Angels and the prophets as patrons. Would He order you to rejection after this, while you have submitted?

9:31 They took their priests and monks to be patrons besides God,..................

42:21 Or do they have partners who decree for them a system which has not been authorized by God? And if it were not for the word already given, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the transgressors will have a painful retribution.

6:121 ..............And the devils they inspire their supporters to argue with you; and if you obey them, then you have set up partners.

4:48 God does not forgive that partners be set up with Him, and He forgives what is beside that for whom He wills. Whoever sets-up partners with God has indeed invented a great sin.

These idols will not be able to help the misguided people:

46:28 Why then did the idols they set up to bring them closer to God fail to help them? Instead, they abandoned them. Such was their lie, and what they fabricated.

Currently the only book which contains the authentic message of Allah in its entirety is al-qur'aan. According to al-qur'aan, Allah made it complete and detailed and cited every kind of example in it necessary for our guidance and did not neglect anything out of the book. Thus al-qur'aan is enough and we do not need any book other than al-qur'aan for our guidance to the straight path.

According to al-qur'aan, the messenger himself followed only what was revealed by Allah, and judged only by Allah's revelations, and conveyed the message truthfully without adding anything to it from his own desires.

Please see the following link for evidences of the above from al-qur'aan:

http://www.free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=5200.0

We should not follow anything other than the truth from Allah:

5:77 Say: "O followers of the Scripture, do not overstep in your system other than the truth, and do not follow the desires of a people who have been misguided before, and they misguide many; and they strayed from the right path."

According to al-qur'aan, we should not follow any hadeeth other than Allah's revelations. Al-qur'aan is the best hadeeth and we should follow only the best. All the true and authentic hadeeth of the messenger are in al-qur'aan itself and we don't need any other book to find them:

39:23 God has sent down the best "hadeeth" (narration), a Scripture that is similar with two paths. The skins of those who reverence their Lord shiver from it, then their skins and their hearts soften up to the remembrance of God. Such is God's guidance; He guides with it whoever He wills. And for whomever God misguides, then none can guide him.

45:6 These are God's revelations that We recite to you with truth. So, in which "hadeeth" (narration), after God and His revelations, do they believe?

7:185 Did they not look at the dominion of heavens and Earth, and all that God has created? Perhaps their time is drawing near; so in which "hadeeth" (narrations) after this one will they believe?

68:37 Or do you have another book which you study?
68:38 In it, you can find what you wish?

12:111 In their stories is a lesson for the people of intelligence. It was not a "hadeeth" that was invented, but an authentication of what was already revealed and a detailing of all things, and a guidance and mercy to a people who believe.

We should follow only the best:

39:18 The ones who listen to what is being said, and then follow the best of it. These are the ones whom God has guided, and these are the ones who possess intelligence.

We should reject the false, fabricated, and baseless hadeeth:

31:6 And from the people, there are those who accept baseless "hadeeth" (narrations) to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and they take it as entertainment. These will have a humiliating retribution.

6:116 And if you obey the majority of those on Earth they will lead you away from God's path; that is because they follow conjecture, and that is because they only guess.

29:68 Who is more evil than one who fabricates lies and attributes them to God, or denies the truth when it comes to him? Is there not a place in Hell for the rejecters?

How can one follow and obey the messenger ? by following and obeying the message ! What is the message of the messenger ? al-qur'aan, of course ! Thus when we follow and obey al-qur'aan, we are following and obeying the messenger, thereby obeying Allah, and that is what the test is.

Please look at the following links for further reading and discussions relevant to this topic:

http://members.tripod.com/lebou/authorityof.htm
http://free-minds.org/articles.htm#hadith
http://free-minds.org/books.htm
http://www.free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=5257.0

May Allah guide us all to the straight path so that we can serve Him by humbly submitting to Him.

Regards,

Tanveer

Elena

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 06:23:35 AM »
Peace Mustafa,

I just wanted to check if it is clear for you now that free minds org and followers of Rashad Khalifa are two different things, because I have seen other people that arrive to the forum and confuse the two.

I didn't when I arrived here, it was very easy to differenciate them. I don't know what's the reason of this repeated confusion.

For the record, I don't follow any religion, in case you are going to catalogue us, the users of the forum, in some way.

A comment regarding the quoted below, backbiting and that almost doesn't happen here, there are very few, I think just three users that spend time insulting and so, the rest is sharing, discussing and learning a lot.

Quote from: mustafa
3. As a free-thinker, you have a right to say whatever you want, whenever you want. You can absolutely trash the other person and his/her religion without a problem. There is no respect what-so-ever. It's mostly complaining, pointing fingers, disgracing, disrespecting others and being a complete ego-maniac. I have had friends from other non-accepted, so-called muslim religions. They backbite, and think of themselves as better people, and think it's okay. They have a bad thing to say about everyone except those who they are close with. If things don't go their way, they choose to trash the other person and their religion, but when it comes to their own religion or themselves (mostly retaliation against them), they are sensitive and they cannot handle it. They think and act like they are better than someone, and try to prove it. They are supposed to be innocent and the complaining victims after all of their behaviour. I am being Stereotypical? you really think so, try it. I can assure you that your free-thinker approach that I am using (stating an opinion and my understanding), will simply get replies of pure garbage instead of the educated and logical approach that this religion has advertised
I am not Muslim. Just reading.

mustafa

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 01:02:27 AM »
Joe, I apologize if I offended you but that wasn't my intention. I am here to learn and so far what I am learning is that almost everyone here has different beliefs. As far as I can understand, you are saying that you are just a Muslim, not Sunni or Shi'a. If you aren't saying that, then I don't think I would like to know because that would mean you have your own beliefs and religion.

Elena, I am confused because I am getting different answers from different people, so for now, I am going to consider mquran as a representative for the beliefs of this site. I won't waste my time getting into Rashad Khalifa's religion because that's a belief that they are strongly committed to. Free-mind people are similar to me, and accepting, therefore a debate for my knowledge can be held.

I always questioned the Hadeeth's authenticity but I don't think anyone has the authority to say if it's false or not. I just pick and choose between the ones that I like. What I want to make clear is the fact that I follow some Hadeeth, not because I think I will get blessings for it. I do it because I feel like it's a better way to live life. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)'s character, as stated in the Hadith was great, if you think it was fictious or not.

I believe there are three types of Hadeeth.

1) True Historical Events (wars etc.)

2) The Hadith that can be recognized with the Qur'an.

3) Very Old Hadith, non-historic and ones that cannot be recognized with the Qur'an.

I choose to believe in the first two, However, ALL Hadith aren't false or true. Therefore, we can assume that #2 might be truthful, but might have no concern in our lives, just a historical significance behind the specific Qur'anic Ayat. I follow #1 just to live my life in a better way and just for extra knowledge.

mquran, I agree with you 100%. That's what I meant to say, that the things that will save us from hell are basic, not the widespread knowledge of the history. I agree with you, follow the true Islam, be nice to everyone, not only to Muslims. I am sure you and me are following the True Islam, because we are doing the basic things that will save us from the Hell-Fire, Inshallah!

It's not the way you pray or the way you shake hands, its those basic things that we need, but we usually forget because we worry too much about the minor stuff that is usually preached to us. Sunni/Shi'a sects are not found in the Caribbean Islands. The muslims there are just simply muslim. Once I came to a conclusion that they must be Sunni since they don't do Matam. Now when I think about it, it makes me sad that Islam has sects and when you find out if your friend is a muslim, it's not enough. You usually find out if he's Sunni or Shi'a. You are right, we are far away from humanity, Islam is being turned into a political religion with many different sects following human beings instead of the Holy Qur'an.

However, the problem with this site is the fact that everyone here has different beliefs.

Andy, the Hadith you have stated are sayings or historical events which I don't believe in. I agree that the Hadith aren't what Islam was all about, I never had a Hadith book until a couple of years ago. Islam has been made very complicated for whatever reason, but it doesn't concern me. I won't go into too much details about the Hadith etc. because they don't matter or affect my life after death. From what I have read, I follow pnly some Hadith of our Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). What I mean by follow is that I try to adapt certain habits of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)stated in the Hadith. For example, eating manners, hygeine stuff, etc. I agree that the Hadith can be changed but the Qur'an cannot.

mquran, Thanks A Lot!!! for all of your help. You were the only person that actually made sense to me. The first reason is basically the fact that you didn't disrespect the Hadith or try to take apart the Hadith books but instead you told me your part without disrespecting anyone or any book. That for one, was the right way, which is the proper, decent, Islamic way. That's how the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and his companions used to spread Islam, instead of finding mistakes in the Bible, they read out the verses from the Qur'an. As far as I can understand, your approach is that you are not completely denying the Prophet's Hadith.

95% of the muslims (Sunni and Shi'a) believe in the Hadith. Maybe other sects do as well.

I can't agree with anyone of you by denying all the Hadith, because that's my belief and what I think is right as well. I explained to everyone what my idea of the Hadith really is. Picking one or two unlogical Hadith doesn't mean all of them can't be followed BUT, the ones that contradict with the Qur'an shouldn't, ofcourse.

Like I said before, I have come to a conclusion for what my belief should really be, but I will state in a proper and easy format.

1. "La Illaha Il Allah Muhammad Ur Rasool Allah". - I am pretty sure you all are familiar with that.

2. Follow the Qur'an!!!

3. Allah comes first! and then I choose to put Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) as my peaceful and great role model in life.

My Beliefs about the Hadith:

1. The Hadith are there to guide you, they don't concern your life after death or your blessings but if you choose to adapt the ones where you are helping out the community and your land. Also the one where you do stuff for the humanity(not only muslims, ALL HUMANS). For my life to be a discipline and healthy one, I think it's good for me to follow the ones that concern the good and logical hobbies of the Prophet (S.A.W). I choose to live my life under his shadow, you know.

2. Prophets were great, God-Chosen, Heavenly people. They were all equal, like I stated in a post before. We have no right to judge who is better than who. I have no accounts of the lives of any other prophets except Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). That's why I choose to live the life like he did. I mean you can't say that his great habits  shouldn't be followed because they aren't mentioned in the Qur'an.

3. We all follow habits of some people, like our parents, grandparents, everyone has someone that influences them. I choose to follow the life of a Prophet, like he is my role model, but that doesn't mean I will marry 11 times. I just pick and choose the ones that are suitable for this era and my life. You never know I might get a Nobel Peace Prize if I work for my community or even on a wider scale. Being truthful to everyone, being nice and not hurting anyone emotionally or physically. You can't say that's a bad trait to adapt. I am not only influenced by the Prophet but his Companions/Caliphs as well.

4. Just like you can't say the ENTIRE Bible isn't the word of God, you can't say that ALL the Hadith are useless. But then again I don't follow the life of Prophet Jesus (Issa), but that's my choice, not that I am sinful because of it, its just because I choose to.

Sorry, but some of the posts I have read seem to me like you guys have something against the Hadith or the Prophet. I don't understand why there's a problem in choosing even one hadith for your life, not to gain blessings though, just for yourself. Some of you sound as if you are in the opposition of the Hadith, just because you don't believe they are authentic, doesn't mean you can't accept a couple. Fictious or Not, we ALL must agree that Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)'s character and life was a very great one. If it's okay for us to follow Gandhi's peaceful way, then why say no to the Prophet, who had been through way worse?

I don't follow his life exactly and every step of the way, just some stuff that I choose and find good for myself. I mean come on, we all wash ourselves when we pee, lol. And our hands, specially before eating because you know, it would be gross, otherwise.

If we all are free-thinkers, we should just use the Hadith as a book of wise sayings, obviously not as a secondary source to the religion. I understood your religion long ago because that's my religion too, I am a Muslim. I am aslo a positive person, I try to find the good in everything and that's why I choose the Hadith. I even find good in a "gangsta rapper" Tupac, even though most might say he was a thug and gangster, but that's his negative half. All I can do is curse it and gain nothing, but lose energy and time as well. It's better to look at everything in a positive way, causes less stress, hate and opposition towards others.

Therefore I agree with mostly all of your beliefs because that's what Islam is. You guys don't believe that all the Hadith are true, but not ALL are false either. I only have one objection and that's the fact that you believe that the last two ayat of Surah Al-Taubah are not supposed to be there (some say yes, some say no on this site) so I am referring to those who don't. The Qur'an itself states that it shouldn't be changed or can be changed until Allah wants

Otherwise everything is okay, we are all on the same page, what I have mentioned was the exact way I used to live my life before, and after studying the Hadith books. I don't believe any Scholar or Mufti until they have proven to me that their fatwa can be recognized with the Qur'an, and yes I learned that from a Hadith.

Please post your reply, and thanks for all of your help, it was a great experience learning here. The best thing I learned was that, I should finish the Qur'an first and try to memorize it so I won't need a Scholar's help to solve my problems. So I would know on the top of my head. What destroys the muslim faith is the fact that some people decide to follow whatever they are told blindly, which shouldn't be done. Even if it's true or not.

I am a follower more than a leader, and I like to absorb positive things from everyone, that's how I started adapting habits of our Prophet. Once again, Thanks, I have learned a lot here. My dad once said that you should finish reading and studying The Holy Qur'an before you move on to the Bible. He said that to me when I started reading/studying the Bible. When I started the Holy Qur'an it seemed to be as if it was a correction being made to the Bible, it started off in a similar way, it was as if the Qur'an was completing the entire religion, truly the words of Allah...Subhanallah!

This site has literally slapped me back on track, my blindness couldn't see the light that was being shown to me by the users constantly saying "Al-Qur'an". No matter how much you have read the Qur'an, you should keep on studying for more knowledge. However, the hadith and history is secondary.

Please post your opinions and replies!

Jazakallah!

Salam

andy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +3/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 02:13:06 AM »
I always questioned the Hadeeth's authenticity but I don't think anyone has the authority to say if it's false or not. I just pick and choose between the ones that I like.
68:35 Should We treat the ones who surrendered the same as those who are criminals?
68:36 What is wrong with you, how do you judge?

What I want to make clear is the fact that I follow some Hadeeth, not because I think I will get blessings for it. I do it because I feel like it's a better way to live life. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)'s character, as stated in the Hadith was great, if you think it was fictious or not.
39:3 Absolutely, the religion shall be devoted to GOD alone. Those who set up idols beside Him say, "We idolize them only to bring us closer to GOD; for they are in a better position!" GOD will judge them regarding their disputes. GOD does not guide such liars, disbelievers.

1. "La Illaha Il Allah Muhammad Ur Rasool Allah". - I am pretty sure you all are familiar with that.
63:1 When the hypocrites come to you they say, "We bear witness that you are the messenger of GOD." GOD knows that you are His messenger, and GOD bears witness that the hypocrites are liars.

2. Follow the Qur'an!!!
6:114 Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than Allah? - when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail." They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it hath been sent down from thy Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt.

45:6 These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?

3. Allah comes first! and then I choose to put Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) as my peaceful and great role model in life.
2:285 The messenger believes in what was sent down to him from his Lord. And the believers, all who believe in God, and His angels, and His Scriptures, and His messengers: "We do not differentiate between any of His messengers"; and they said: "We hear and obey, forgive us O Lord, and to you is our destiny."

What I mean by follow is that I try to adapt certain habits of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)stated in the Hadith.
61:2 O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
61:3 It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.

For example, eating manners, hygeine stuff, etc.
Shahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 65, Number 366:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, 'When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else."

Shahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 234:

Narrated Abu Qilaba:

Anas said, "Some people of 'Ukl or 'Uraina tribe came to Medina and its climate did not suit them. So the Prophet ordered them to go to the herd of (Milch) camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they went as directed and after they became healthy, they killed the shepherd of the Prophet and drove away all the camels. The news reached the Prophet early in the morning and he sent (men) in their pursuit and they were captured and brought at noon. He then ordered to cut their hands and feet (and it was done), and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron, They were put in 'Al-Harra' and when they asked for water, no water was given to them." Abu Qilaba said, "Those people committed theft and murder, became infidels after embracing Islam and fought against Allah and His Apostle ."

Shahih Muslim Book 025, Number 5370:

Abu Huraira reported having heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say: He who peeped into the house of people without their consent, it is permissible for them to put out his eyes.

Shahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 21, Number 230:

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled. He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said, "should I not be a thankful slave."

61:2 O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
61:3 It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.

tanveermd

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 04:37:33 AM »
Peace brother Mustafa,

I do not reject ALL the hadeeth. I believe in only the 100 % true and authentic hadeeth, and nowadays the only place where I can find 100 % true and authentic hadeeth is in al-qur'aan.

Some examples of the 100 % true and authentic hadeeth of the Prophet are as follows. The underlined portion of these ayaat is the "hadeeth" of Prophet Muhammad, because Allah is asking him to say that in response to questions from the people:

2:189 They ask you regarding the new moons, Say: "They are a timing mechanism for the people as well as for the Pilgrimage." And piety is not that you would enter a home from its back, but piety is whomever is righteous and come to the homes from their main doors. And be aware of God that you may succeed.

2:214 They ask you what they should spend, Say: "What you spend out of goodness should go to your family and the relatives and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer. And any good you do, God is fully aware of it."

2:216 They ask you about the restricted month: "Is there fighting in it?" Say: "Much fighting is in it, and to repel from the path of God and to disbelieve in Him, and at the Restricted Temple, to drive its inhabitants out is far greater with God, and persecution is worse than being killed." And they still will fight you until they turn you back from your system if they are able. And whoever of you turns back from his system, and he dies while disbelieving, then these have nullified their work in this life and the next; these are the people of the Fire, in it they will abide eternally!

2:218 They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say: "In them is great harm, and a benefit for mankind; but their harm is greater than their benefit." And they ask you how much are they to give, Say: "The excess." It is thus that God clarifies for you the revelations that you may think.

2:219 In this world and the next; and they ask you regarding the orphans, Say: "To fix their situation is best, and if you are to care for them, then they are your brothers." And God knows the corrupt from the good, and had God wished He could have made things difficult. God is Noble, Wise.

2:221 And they ask you about menstruation? Say: "It is harmful, so retire yourselves sexually from the women during the menstruation, and do not approach them until they are cleansed. When they are cleansed, then you may approach them as God has commanded you." God loves the repenters and He loves the cleansed.

5:6 They ask you what was made lawful to them, Say: "All the good things have been made lawful for you, and what the trained dogs and birds catch, you teach them from what God teaches you." So eat from what they have captured for you and mention God's name upon it, and be aware of God. God is quick in reckoning.

7:188 They ask you regarding the Hour: "When will be its time?" Say: "Its knowledge is with my Lord, none can reveal its coming except Him. It is heavy through the heavens and the Earth; it will not come to you except suddenly." They ask you, as if you are responsible for it! Say: "Its knowledge is with God, but most people do not know."

8:2 They ask you regarding the spoils of war, Say: "The spoils of war are for God and the messenger." So be aware of God, and be upright in matters between you; and obey God and His messenger if you are believers.

9:66 And if you ask them they Say: "We were only jesting and playing." Say: "Is it in God and His verses and His messenger you were mocking?"

11:30 "And my people, I do not ask you for money, my reward is with God. Nor will I turn away those who believe, for they will meet their Lord. But I see that you are a people who are ignorant."

17:86 And they ask you concerning the Spirit. Say: "The Spirit is from the command on my Lord, and the knowledge you were given was but very little."

39:37 And if you ask them: "Who created the heavens and the Earth?", they will Say: "God." Say: "Do you see what you call on besides God, If God wanted any harm for me, can they alleviate His harm? Or if He wanted a mercy for me, can they hold back his mercy?" Say: "God is sufficient for me; in Him those who trust shall put their trust."

I always questioned the Hadeeth's authenticity but I don't think anyone has the authority to say if it's false or not. I just pick and choose between the ones that I like.

Allah has the authority to say if a hadeeth is false or not. Islam is submission to Allah alone, not picking and choosing what we like. Allah clearly tells us to follow only that hadeeth which is His revelation:

45:6 These are God's revelations that We recite to you with truth. So, in which "hadeeth" (narration), after God and His revelations, do they believe?

All hadeeth that are other than those already mentioned in al-qur'aan are baseless and not necessary/relevant for our guidance and should not be followed:

31:6 And from the people, there are those who accept baseless "hadeeth" (narrations) to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and they take it as entertainment. These will have a humiliating retribution.

What I want to make clear is the fact that I follow some Hadeeth, not because I think I will get blessings for it. I do it because I feel like it's a better way to live life. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)'s character, as stated in the Hadith was great, if you think it was fictious or not.

Yes, following the messenger is a better way to live life, PROVIDED WE FOLLOW THE AUTHENTIC SAYINGS AND THE AUTHENTIC EXAMPLES OF THE MESSENGER, and those authentic sayings and the authentic examples of the messenger can be found only in Allah's revelations.

I believe there are three types of Hadeeth.

1) True Historical Events (wars etc.)

2) The Hadith that can be recognized with the Qur'an.

3) Very Old Hadith, non-historic and ones that cannot be recognized with the Qur'an.

I choose to believe in the first two, However, ALL Hadith aren't false or true. Therefore, we can assume that #2 might be truthful, but might have no concern in our lives, just a historical significance behind the specific Qur'anic Ayat. I follow #1 just to live my life in a better way and just for extra knowledge.

There are only two types of hadeeth:

1. The 100 % true and authentic hadeeth of the messengers which are found only in al-qur'aan.

2. The unverifiable hearsays, rumors, fabrications etc. which cannot be 100 % authenticated and confirmed.

It is safe only to follow the first type of hadeeth, and that is enough for our guidance as Allah's words are complete, detailed, contain every kind of example, and nothing is neglected from the book of Allah relevant to our guidance.

I agree with you, follow the true Islam, be nice to everyone, not only to Muslims.

Agreed, good deeds/works are for everyone, not just for muslims.

From what I have read, I follow only some Hadith of our Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). What I mean by follow is that I try to adapt certain habits of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)stated in the Hadith.

How can you determine that a particular habit of Prophet Muhammad relevant to our guidance as mentioned in a particular hadeeth was, with 100 % certainty, really/actually the habit of Prophet Muhammad, and not a fabrication by someone later on ? By following the true hadeeth stated in al-qur'aan, of course !

I agree that the Hadith can be changed but the Qur'an cannot.

The true hadeeth are in al-qur'aan and can never be changed.

I can't agree with anyone of you by denying all the Hadith, because that's my belief and what I think is right as well. I explained to everyone what my idea of the Hadith really is. Picking one or two unlogical Hadith doesn't mean all of them can't be followed BUT, the ones that contradict with the Qur'an shouldn't, ofcourse.

As I mentioned before, I don't deny ALL the hadeeth. I accept only those hadeeth that are 100 % authentic and true, and those hadeeth can only be found in al-qur'aan. Please see the examples of such hadeeth given earlier in this post.

Of course those hadeeth which contradict with al-qur'aan should be rejected, and those hadeeth that are authenticated and verified by al-qur'aan are in al-qur'aan anyway, so they are redundant.

This phrase is not a testification (bearing witness) but just a statement of belief and thus brother Andy's comments on this quote are not justified.

However, following are the problems with this quote:

Firstly, by mentioning only the name of Prophet Muhammad as messenger of Allah, we are differentiating between the messengers by not mentioning names of other messengers.

2:285 The messenger believes in what was sent down to him from his Lord. And the believers, all who believe in God, and His angels, and His Scriptures, and His messengers: "We do not differentiate between any of His messengers";

Secondly, the messengers did not come to ask us to state their messengership but to state and believe the oneness of Allah. We believe in their messengership, but there is no command to state it verbally anywhere in al-qur'aan.

Thirdly, the name of Allah should be mentioned alone, and not along with someone else's name:

39:45 And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!

I have no accounts of the lives of any other prophets except Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). That's why I choose to live the life like he did. I mean you can't say that his great habits  shouldn't be followed because they aren't mentioned in the Qur'an.

Really ! You have no account of the lives of Prophets other than Prophet Muhammad ?  :o

What about the 100 % authentic and true accounts of the lives of the various Prophets in al-qur'aan ?

Prophet's Muhammad's habits should be followed along with the habits of other Prophets, and all those habits relevant and necessary for our guidance are already mentioned in al-qur'aan. Allah's words are complete, detailed, and contain EVERY kind of example relevant and necessary for our guidance, remember ?

Peace

FJ

• Apprentice
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »
Peace all,

I do not reject ALL the hadeeth. I believe in only the 100 % true and authentic hadeeth, and nowadays the only place where I can find 100 % true and authentic hadeeth is in al-qur'aan.

Very well said, Tanveer.
If you knew who walked besides you on this path that you have chosen you would never experience fear and doubt.

mquran

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-2
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »
Salaamun alaikum Mustafa,

mquran, I agree with you 100%. That's what I meant to say, that the things that will save us from hell are basic, not the widespread knowledge of the history. I agree with you, follow the true Islam, be nice to everyone, not only to Muslims. I am sure you and me are following the True Islam, because we are doing the basic things that will save us from the Hell-Fire, Inshallah!

Insha Allah.

mquran, Thanks A Lot!!! for all of your help. You were the only person that actually made sense to me. The first reason is basically the fact that you didn't disrespect the Hadith or try to take apart the Hadith books but instead you told me your part without disrespecting anyone or any book. That for one, was the right way, which is the proper, decent, Islamic way. That's how the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and his companions used to spread Islam, instead of finding mistakes in the Bible, they read out the verses from the Qur'an. As far as I can understand, your approach is that you are not completely denying the Prophet's Hadith

You're welcome. I must admit, I did enough hadith criticism and bashing in my day. However, at this point, I find just concentrating on Al-Quraan would deneccistate bashing other texts.

In conclusion, I humbly ask you to focus on Al-Quraan as if Allah had revealed it unto you today. Al-Quraan is a living revelation with an organic system of imposing meaning unto its text. By all means, read other books but never let them corrupt, let alone override the world-view Al-Quraan builds. Al-Quraan is a map, you may traverse the journey without a map or with fragmented maps and still get there but why do that when you can have the map build by the One who made the territory!

shukran wa salam.