Author Topic: What is our religion, what is our mission on Earth...??  (Read 2629 times)

mquran

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-2
Re: What is our religion, what is our mission on Earth...??
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 04:10:02 AM »
Express: I thank all of u, for giving generous answers, it really helped my understanding. I learned some new things and have a new change. But I still and will not reject the Hadies no matter what i read, or listen, by following it, it brings no harm, but i think I stay more involved in my deen by doing everything it states, the pillars of Islam. By rejecting the hadith I feel gulity, and I can't walk with this guilt. I thank u all again, it was very kind of u, God bless u all.

I understand your guilt, I think. It cannot be easy to do what one percieves to be 'rejecting the Prophet'.

Why not leave that issue for now and just focus on Al-Quraan (AQ) ? Do you read AQ much, Express? If so, what do you get from it? What is it asking of humankind? Maybe if you dived into AQ, you will find the hadith becoming more and more irrelevant. That's how it was for me: I found AQ taking over my perception of religion and completely overshadowing anything else. Give AQ a chance to do this, Express.

adley

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +11/-1
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 06:30:49 PM »
Salaam Express,

About that guilt, I can tell you that almost every one I know (who now follows the quran alone) felt that guilt. But actually it's not guilt as I understand it now. It's fear. The fear of no more having a "safe place" anymore. The fear of being torn apart from the inside. So I understand why you do not want to reject the hadiths. But try this, believe in The God on what He is saying in the quran. Just give The God a chance to explain to you for your own personal benefits. And see if the hadiths are still worth defending.

=adley=
Where faith begins, knowledge ends.

mr. humble

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »
salaam adley,

About that guilt, I can tell you that almost every one I know (who now follows the quran alone) felt that guilt. But actually it's not guilt as I understand it now. It's fear. The fear of no more having a "safe place" anymore. The fear of being torn apart from the inside. So I understand why you do not want to reject the hadiths. But try this, believe in The God on what He is saying in the quran. Just give The God a chance to explain to you for your own personal benefits. And see if the hadiths are still worth defending.

after a lot of research there was a decision made by me to give up this forum. but i talked to waleed and he gave me some answers. your understanding of the quran seems to be getting better and better everyday :handshake:

well said bro, i felt the exact same guilt, it's gone now though(despite being rejected and dumped by society)

peace, rifat

adley

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +11/-1
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 06:02:07 PM »
Salaam Rifat,

Thanks for your words bro.
It's glad to hear that your "guilt" is gone now ;D
Good job.
And I agree with Waleed. Don't give up on this forum please. The more heated things become in this forum, the more you are needed to smooth things over ;D

=adley=

mr. humble

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »
peace adley,

The more heated things become in this forum, the more you are needed to smooth things over

one of the reasons i wanted to give up this forum is because a few of the members are more concerned with their ego rather than focus on quranic research, but waleed told me free-minds will always be this way even if there is a such thing as a "perfect translation". express's brother had a bitter argument with me at lunch for following quran alone "he said, how does science coincide with religion?" and my family and friends hated me for doing this, and i was thinking, there is no purpose to be here. but i didn't quit because there is still a lot of enlightened members who has sufficient knowledge of the scripture and knows how to properly keep this forum alive!!

peace, rifat

adley

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +11/-1
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »
Salaam Rifat,

Well, I know that feeling of being shunned or hated even by your close friends and families. When they think you are "different" or "mad" ;D

If you feel the forum's situation is as you said above -- a few of the members are more concerned with their ego rather than focus on quranic research -- then just ignore these few. It's sad, or maybe frustrating at first, but when you managed to ignore them (not clinging to the unhealthy situation), you'll feel better. That's what I do.

but i didn't quit because there is still a lot of enlightened members who has sufficient knowledge of the scripture and knows how to properly keep this forum alive!!

I agree. And that is why I like it here. There are a lot of useful stuffs here that can aid my personal studies of the quran. But I have to say this. You are awesome for a teenager. When I was at that age, I was to busy "playing around"... and The God is a very low priority. Keep up the good work Rifat. We need people like you, Waleed, or OpenMind. ;D

=adley=