News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

WHY NO ACTION IS TAKEN AGAINT DANISH?

Started by Myr, August 07, 2006, 07:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soul2squeeze

Peace Danish

Firun is not a name. Firun = pharoah (any pharoah) in arabic. In Egypt you'll hear anyone say: el feruun ramsis, el feruun tut aankhamun, el feruun mubarak  ;D

just means the pharoah so-and-so. so Mineptah, having a temple and was mummified must have been royalty i.e. a pharoah (or firuun if you're saying it in arabic).

Elena

Peace

the kid in the photo is not 'retarded', he's is not even 'a disabled/handicapped person' but, as the correct, respectful words we should use, he is a 'person with mental/learning disability'. Person, the first.

Just to fix the disrespect showed placing the word 'retarded' under his image.

Quote from: Magi on August 10, 2006, 07:52:03 AM
I am not Muslim. Just reading.

salgan

Peace Elena

As we can see in to days world a lot of poloticians and religious leaders,show they have a mental/learning disability and I would not class the child as one .I would use the term special needs instead.

Peace Salim
They Live We Sleep

Danish

Quote from: Elena on August 11, 2006, 06:12:57 AM
Peace

the kid in the photo is not 'retarded', he's is not even 'a disabled/handicapped person' but, as the correct, respectful words we should use, he is a 'person with mental/learning disability'. Person, the first.

Just to fix the disrespect showed placing the word 'retarded' under his image.

Witness mquran on British marathon trackfield. :bravo: :rotfl:

Elena

Peace Salgan

Quote from: salgan on August 11, 2006, 07:05:30 AMPeace Elena
As we can see in to days world a lot of poloticians and religious leaders,show they have a mental/learning disability and I would not class the child as one .I would use the term special needs instead.

yes, I recommended the terms used in the psychology field in UK, but yes, sounds better.

Magi

peace Elena

In Denmark where political corectness hasnt poluted our communication that much yet. The kid is retarded. The very difinition of the word retareed suggest what you just said yourself. Retarded is not a bad word just because you and a bunch of moralists think so. My best freinds brother is retarded, and none of us, or him for that matter, has a problem with him being so.

death to political corectness

Elena

Peace Magi,

"death to political corectness"   :D  yeah, death

the comment was not against you but the people who created the joke,

and if the word retarded is not insulting /disrespectful, why was it used  to moke people that argue on the net?

About the word being correct in Denmark, it is a bit strange for me, I know it is not correct at all in Spain, UK, Sweden and Canada. Could you check if it is really as you say there? in the psychology field, please, not in moralist fields :-)

Peace
Elena

Lobster

peace

I don't think there should be any action taken against Danish.

agree with Magi about political correctness, but we should make some effort to not offend others. No one benifits from offensive language, whether it should be offensive or not.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

Danish

Quote from: soul2squeeze on August 10, 2006, 11:33:51 PM
Firun is not a name. Firun = pharoah (any pharoah) in arabic. In Egypt you'll hear anyone say: el feruun ramsis, el feruun tut aankhamun, el feruun mubarak  ;D
Yes, I know that already from the link I preiously provided. Pharoah is a title given to royalities such as kings, rulers, etc. But again, one of my points was that did Allah forget to mention this specific Pharoah who troubled Moses. Also, were Issa and Musa the real names of these prophets of God?

Quotejust means the pharoah so-and-so. so Mineptah, having a temple and was mummified must have been royalty i.e. a pharoah (or firuun if you're saying it in arabic).
Once again, if Pharoah is a general title of so-and-so, and Merenptah as we've determined, was not the Pharoah who troubled Moses, and knowing that several Pharoah found, then which Pharoah are we now talking about that specifically troubled Moses with his army? Besides, my previous points has yet to addressed.

ThePink

Danish,

Actually, I was not making a judgement call on you, but merely asking rhetorical questions for consideration.  It is true that many people seem to have a beef with you, and I asked if the situation is becoming disruptive or is perhaps your arguments serve a purpose.  I do like the name thepinky that you referred to me with, maybe I will change my nickname.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for all of this nonsense going on in this thread, I think more than a few people are being disruptive and carrying this argument to the detriment of the forum.  I especially find it distasteful when people seek to label someone as for or against god.  That sounds too close to takfir for me.  That said, I really haven't been following this argument and I hope that it stops.  It is tiring when people bring their argument with someone to every thread a person is on.  In fact, it is cyberstalking when people do that.  Please leave your arguments in the original threads and quit mucking up all the rest of them.....and this is to everyone who is doing this.  There is nothing more tedious than reading a discussion and person A posts an answer and person B, who doesn't like person A, comes on that thread and starts crap with that person -usually about something that is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.  Furthermore, this name calling and bashing of each other is childish and I believe it is against the tenants of the Qur'an.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once I hook up my new keyboard, I am going to type out and post my notes from argumentive writing on the topic 'When it is useless to have a discussion?'  To sum it up now however, it is usually when:

a. people are so fanatical about their pov that there is no chance of movement in any direction;

b. when people require absolute proof on everything and refuse to grant even minimal shared assumptions as true. For example, say the topic is 'Is the Hajj a literal or symbolical pilgrimage?' Now the unstated assumption is that the Qur'an is real. Person A, who believes the Qur'an is the word of God says literal and explains why. Person b, who also accepts the assumtion that the Qur'an is real says no, it is symbolical and proceeds to state their reasons. The person C shows up and  doesn't believe in God or the Qur'an so thus doesn't accept the basic assumption of the topic.  Person C then says it doesn't exist at all because the Qur'an is false and demands proof that the Qur'an is not false. Now persons A and B are forced to address this issue which now leads the discussion completely away form the original topic. Some mind not mind the new direction, but many find it irritating to say the least. It is useless to try to have a discussion when the very basic assumptions are not accepted by the members of the discussion/audience. It will just go around in a regressive circle (esp. when absolute proof is demanded) and the original topic is lost.  

To reiterate, it can be very tiring if 2 people are on the same page regarding the unstated assumptions and having a discussion, for a third person to waltz in and start arguing about the assumptions.  If anyone is guilty of this, and we all have been at some point I am sure, then we need to stop this behavior.  At the very least, make a new thread to debate the assumptions that you disagreed with in the original thread instead of mucking it up for everyone else who is interested in the original topic.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

The Pink