Author Topic: Fat forbidden for the jews,was it realy?  (Read 3456 times)

simple

Fat forbidden for the jews,was it realy?
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:23:48 PM »

Salaams all,

Just sharing a Trans done for a colleague. So God forbids fat how about all them other things eating monkeys or shi- or anything else, did he forget about the billion other things?

Well may it isn't fat.

Using lanes dictionary.

6:146
> And to those who were Jews We forbade
> Everything like cat fighting and to
> cause division and the spoils of war we prohibited to them to live
> Thus except what they bear openly or possessing by entitlement/
> gathered or which is in partnership with honour/ above all
> Imperfections thus we recompensed them for their acting unjustly.

So isn't it so that if we do anything heinous to the well being of others it is likely to be forbidden don't all decent human beings do that in light of

God Bless all.

soul2squeeze

Re: Fat forbidden for the jews,was it realy?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 05:18:27 AM »
Peace Simple

Who eats sh*t? I think it's self-explanatory not to eat it...

simple

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:05:59 AM »
Peace Simple

Who eats sh*t? I think it's self-explanatory not to eat it...

True but lots of things can be mentioned not good for us.

But to me all the ayah is saying is don't try and get other people's things of value by heinous means but have integrity/ honour be fare.

Elke

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +8/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:09:58 AM »
Peace simple,

you're retranslations generally make a lot of sense to me, and i don't mean linguistically as unfortunately i'm not able to verify in the arabic langage.
Keep up the good work.

lk
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery ; none but ourselves can free our minds"
(Bob Marley, Redemption Song)

AhmedBahgat

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:48:20 PM »
Bro simple

your translation is totally misleading regarding 7:146

bro the Quran is not about finding new conspets for the verses and I can see that is what you only do really

take care

simple

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 03:30:41 PM »
Thanks elke,

Peace ahmed,

Bro simple

bro the Quran is not about finding new conspets for the verses and I can see that is what you only do really

take care

We can't win everybody - but it wasn't 7:164 but 6:146 and you mean concepts.

Unfortunately I don't/ can't accept some of them so I use lanes to see an alternative meaning that is all.

And how beautiful they come out - to me anyways.

Your concepts make Monkeys and pigs out of men???????????? or is that wrong Br?

God Bless.

AhmedBahgat

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »
Quote from: simple
Peace ahmed,

Bro simple

take care

We can't win everybody - but it wasn't 7:164 but 6:146 and you mean concepts.

Peace bro.

do you mean my mistake was 7:146 and not 7:164?, lol

anyway, me and you know what verse we are talking about, sorry for my mistake but you too did a mistake and thought that I mmeant 7:164

Unfortunately I don't/ can't accept some of them so I use lanes to see an alternative meaning that is all.

ok, and who is lanes exactly?

And how beautiful they come out - to me anyways.

Yeh yeh, it is called the feel good religion, I know exactly what you mean

Your concepts make Monkeys and pigs out of men???????????? or is that wrong Br?

God Bless.

look I don't like vague comments regarding the Quran, bring the verses and discuss it with me and we will see, however if a verse is sort of a metaphor that does not mean the well established meaning verses fall under your efforts to find new meanings for it, in effect you are writing off what the prophet taught us and hence you are not following him, you are following lanes

cheers

simple

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 10:13:28 PM »
Salaams Br ahmed,

5:60
   Say: ?Shall I inform you of worse than this as a punishment from God? Those whom God cursed and became angry at them, and He made from them apes and pigs and servants of evil. Those have a worst place and are more astray from the right path.?

What is this , a  metaphor - if so show me where it says its a metaphor - and don't say of things what Allah doesn't say of them.

;D

Salaams.

soul2squeeze

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 05:41:22 AM »
Peace Simple

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but you really can't just pick an aya that doesn't make sense to you, and instead of trying to understand it, make up things. This is really not how deen works at all. If there are issues you have with quran I would suggest you try to research thru the real meaning, because there is a big danger in attributing falsehood to God's Word.

It's great that you take nothing for granted and use ijtihad to try to break ayaat down and get to the nitty-gritty. But when you do that, please keep in mind that you can't twist the aya to your liking.

I'm not going to break down the entire aya for you because I'm sure you've gone over it enough times to know that the aya specifically states WA MIN AL BAQAR WA AL GHANAM.... and from the cows and sheep... HARRAMNA AALAYHOM SHOHOOMAHOMA ... we forbade for them their fat.... ELLA MA HAMALAT THOHOOROHOMA AW AL HAWAYA ... except what's stuck to the back or entrails... AW MA AKHTALAT BE AATHM THALIK... or what was mixed with the bones .

This is a very detailed description of the body parts of an animal with the exact kind of animal this pertains to as well. There can be no "alternative" meaning, I'm sorry.

These were dietary laws for the Jews in order to test them. Much like their test with the she-camel. Much like their test with the cow. It is to discern the faithful from the hypocrites. Today, for Muslims God ordains to eat from all the good foods He Blessed us with. Except the meat of a dead animal, blood, and swine. Thank God, it is a simple test for us and also beneficial to our bodies to stay away from such things. You ask why God did not add, don't eat sh_t. It's just self-explanatory. It's not appetizing but perhaps bacon is. So we'd need a heads up on that one. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with eating a monkey. Not something I would do :D but I never heard of anything harmful coming from it... i may be wrong dunno. Even if there are a million things wrong with it. God gave us the key already. He gave us the pattern to follow. It's up to us to use our brains now. If there is something else that turns out to be bad for you, don't eat it. You don't need every detail mentioned in order to follow God's Way. Please refer to the story of the cow starting with 2:67 to get my drift of how we should not act when approaching these matters.

Peace

simple

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 07:29:23 AM »
Peace Simple

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but you really can't just pick an aya that doesn't make sense to you, and instead of trying to understand it, make up things. This is really not how deen works at all. If there are issues you have with quran I would suggest you try to research thru the real meaning, because there is a big danger in attributing falsehood to God's Word.

It's great that you take nothing for granted and use ijtihad to try to break ayaat down and get to the nitty-gritty. But when you do that, please keep in mind that you can't twist the aya to your liking.

I'm not going to break down the entire aya for you because I'm sure you've gone over it enough times to know that the aya specifically states WA MIN AL BAQAR WA AL GHANAM.... and from the cows and sheep... HARRAMNA AALAYHOM SHOHOOMAHOMA ... we forbade for them their fat.... ELLA MA HAMALAT THOHOOROHOMA AW AL HAWAYA ... except what's stuck to the back or entrails... AW MA AKHTALAT BE AATHM THALIK... or what was mixed with the bones .

This is a very detailed description of the body parts of an animal with the exact kind of animal this pertains to as well. There can be no "alternative" meaning, I'm sorry.

These were dietary laws for the Jews in order to test them. Much like their test with the she-camel. Much like their test with the cow. It is to discern the faithful from the hypocrites. Today, for Muslims God ordains to eat from all the good foods He Blessed us with. Except the meat of a dead animal, blood, and swine. Thank God, it is a simple test for us and also beneficial to our bodies to stay away from such things. You ask why God did not add, don't eat sh_t. It's just self-explanatory. It's not appetizing but perhaps bacon is. So we'd need a heads up on that one. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with eating a monkey. Not something I would do :D but I never heard of anything harmful coming from it... i may be wrong dunno. Even if there are a million things wrong with it. God gave us the key already. He gave us the pattern to follow. It's up to us to use our brains now. If there is something else that turns out to be bad for you, don't eat it. You don't need every detail mentioned in order to follow God's Way. Please refer to the story of the cow starting with 2:67 to get my drift of how we should not act when approaching these matters.

Peace

Sorry souls,

but you need to start using your brain rather then simply follow what your given.

WE SHOULDN'T TRY AND UPHOLD EVERYTHING WE BELIEVE SIMPLY
BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN BELIEVING IT - THAT IS WHAT ALL OTHERS DO.

We weigh and consider as Allah wants us to.

Do men change to swine or apes - "NO"

When two people fight you make fighting illegal , and you don't say because you are fighting you can't get married or you can't eat fat...............

that is all but if you want to keep to your belief, then to you your way and to me my way.

and i don't make up things but simply investigate the meanings of words from Arabic lexicon/ dictionary which is for people to use.And would never Accept/ follow what someone says without weighing and considering for myself.

Gods Blessings.