Author Topic: distribute what you are provided with  (Read 1787 times)

Joe Betik

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
distribute what you are provided with
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:12:39 AM »
Peace.

Thank you Ayman for your kind words, and its great to be back. With regards to concerns about whether "man made" things can be used as analogies to understand concepts in our great reading, I would like to highlight the following passage:

2:3 - Allatheena yu/minoona bialghaybiwayuqeemoona alssalata wamimma razaqnahumyunfiqoona

The highlighted portion is repeated numerous times in our great reading immediatly after reference is made to SLW. The word "yunfiqoon" is often translated as "spend" however, IMHO, it appears to be more closely translated as "use". So I translate the above passage as follows:

2:3 - And those who (have) trust with (in) the unseen and maintain the connection and use (yunfiqoona) from (mimma) our (hum) /prodivded (things).

We are told to use what we have been given, not to just spend what we have been given (which limits this passage to the use of money only, as shown in common traslations such as:

Yusuf Ali   Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
Pickthal   Who believe in the Unseen, and establish worship, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them;
Shakir           Those who believe in the unseen and keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them.
Khalifa            who believe in the unseen, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and from our provisions to them, they give to charity.

Although man claims that he created things like the internet, and that anything not natural is categorised as "man made" or "manufactured", it the God that has provided these things to us.

salaam

(i took the liberty in quoting natu's post in 'Not another possible solution - just a different approach to understanding'. i hope it is alright.)

the verse provided us with an issue that has been bogging my mind. the phrase 'wamimma razaqnahumyunfiqoona' means 'and from what We provided them, they distribute.' the key word is 'yunfiqoon' which originates from 'n-f-q'. it means 'to spend, to distribute, etc.'

given the above directive (to spend or to distribute), do we need savings then? why must we save when The God said, "Spend!"? dunno about you guys, but never in my reading have i come across a suggestion, let alone a directive, that we should be saving some of The God's provisions to us.

there is somewhere in al-Qur'an that The God says that every human being is sufficiently provided.

comments, please?

peace!
joe
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah

idolfree1

Re: distribute what you are provided with
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 01:05:51 PM »
Peace be upon you all,

We have a life force that comes from the God, that was/is blown into us. This life force is suppossed to manifest through our being and come out as the atributes of the God. We are suppossed to distribute correct behavior amongst mankind. Incorrect behavor comes from man. We dont want to distribute/spend that. We want to spend from what he God gave us, the "Ruh Ul Qudus" (Divine Energy/Life Force).

Joe Betik

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »
peace!

very interesting. perhaps you would be kind enough to further explain your ideas in on this subject?

best regards
joe
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah

idolfree1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:00:05 AM »
Peace be upon you Joe,

very interesting. perhaps you would be kind enough to further explain your ideas in on this subject?

Man was created to be the vessel of the God on Earth. The Divine Energy (Ruh Ul Qudus) was "blown" (and still is) into us that we might take than energy and manifest he Divine Attributes of the God on earth. We are the "khalifa", the successors of the Divine Plan. It is only when our subconcious(Nafs) becomes polluted that we WASTE this energy and dont use it properly, or dont have enough left to do what we are suppossed to do.

This Divine Energy/Life Force is well studied in many cultures. The Chinese call in "Chi/Qi" and have sciences such as Acupuncture based upon it. The Hindus call in "Kundalini". The Ancinet Egyptians called in "RA" (not the sun god but the Divine Energy that comes from the Sun), the Yorubas, I believe, call it "Ashe" . In this Text it is called "ruh". I is the Holy Spirit of Christianity.

All things in life take ENERGY in order to move/act. The God has given us this energy in order to fulfill Its plan. We are suppossed to spend what we have been given on following the plan, not waste it or make a terrible trade.

This energy manifests in human behavior as "Emotions" (energy in motion). The goal in life is to direct the emotions, not be slaves to the emotions. The Story of solomon illustrates this well. The energy is personified as "jinn", because the energy is "hidden"(jinn) and we are told that jinn are created from "smokeless fire" (energy).

The Divine Energy actually manifests in different ways, each of them effecting the way we think.

There is much to say about this subject, but I will stop there for now.

ILisa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 12:28:08 AM »

Salaam idolfree,

This is a topic I was just researching a bit on my own and came to similar conclusions. ---It seems as if we've tuned into the same wavelength of thought!  I'm anxious to hear more.  Can you please elaborate on:

>This energy manifests in human behavior as "Emotions" (energy in motion). The goal in life is to direct the emotions, not be slaves to the emotions. The >Story of solomon illustrates this well. The energy is personified as "jinn", because the energy is "hidden"(jinn) and we are told that jinn are created >from "smokeless fire" (energy).

>The Divine Energy actually manifests in different ways, each of them effecting the way we think.

>There is much to say about this subject, but I will stop there for now.

Your conscience is at least your own, and to follow it is to be a man; to follow the conscience of another is to be a slave.
                                                                          ~ James Allen

idolfree1

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 09:07:37 AM »
Peace be upon you ILisa,

This is a topic I was just researching a bit on my own and came to similar conclusions. ---It seems as if we've tuned into the same wavelength of thought!  I'm anxious to hear more.  Can you please elaborate on:

>This energy manifests in human behavior as "Emotions" (energy in motion). The goal in life is to direct the emotions, not be slaves to the emotions. The >Story of solomon illustrates this well. The energy is personified as "jinn", because the energy is "hidden"(jinn) and we are told that jinn are created >from "smokeless fire" (energy).

>The Divine Energy actually manifests in different ways, each of them effecting the way we think.

>There is much to say about this subject, but I will stop there for now.

Sure, The God gave us the SEVEN PAIRS and the Great Announcment/Proclamation/Teaching (regarding the Universe). The Seven Pairs are the & Energies of the Universe, which have good and bad qualities to them depending on how they are manifested. That makes it 7 pairs. These energies correspond to sounds, colors, etc, which is why when we see a rainbow there are 7 colors.

Anyway, these 7 manifestations all come from One Energy (Ruh Ul Qudus). These 7 energies have been associated to planets in Astrology, the correct astrology being Eastern astrology by the way, not Western/Tropical astrology. Each of these energies effect the way we THINK, and therby effect our actions. We have to get in tune with these energies and therefore command them, if not they command us. Its just like "Mother Nature", we can harness the power and make it work for us or we can be subjet to the conditions and get beat up.

In this Story, the energies are personified as "jinn" cause they are hidden energies. The positive side referred to as Malaika (controllers), because it is when we control the energies that we are successful, and the negative ones are shayteen, which effect our thoughs and therby our actions to reject. Remember the verse that says something like "When they are with you they say we believe, but when they are with thier SHAYTEEN(emotions-energy in motion) they say they were just mocking".

Being at PEACE (salaam/Muslim/Islam) allows us to take our consciousness out of this world and therfore put distance between our SELF and our Spirit(Nafs) which is where these "jinn" reside. Most people think that hier thoughts are thier own, however if you were to meditate and get to a state of PEACE, you would see that thoughts come and go by themselves, we rarely control the thoughst that come into our sphere of awareness. I say that to help you understand SOLOMON, whose name is from the same root (S-L-M) for Peace, giving us a hint to this whole message. We must operate from PEACE, not emotion in order to command the hidden energies.

Let me take you back further, these 7 energies are all manifestatons of the 4 basic modalities of the Life Force(Ruh Ul Gudus), which are metaphorized as Fire, Water, Earth(Metal) and Air. Remember , Iblis said it would come at us from 4 directions and that compares to Ibrahim who was shown how God gives life to the dead by placing trained birds on 4 mountains and calling them.

The 7 energies correspond to the folowing modalities

1) Frigid and Dry (Saturn)
2) Hot and Moist (Jupiter)
3) Hot and Dry (Mars)
4) Hot and Dry (Sun)
5) Cold and Moist (Venus)
6) Cool and Dry (Mercury)
7) Cold and Moist (Moon)

Remember, we are told to trust/believe in what descended to us AND those before us. We have to study teh Universe , not just one particular book. Not taking anything away from this fantastic Text, it is truly one of the best, but we are told in that text that we must look at the signs from the horizons to within ourselves.

Well, I will stop here cause I have put a lot out there with what was just said and I dont want to go to fast with this. I am just excited anytime someone asks me to say more  ;D

ILisa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:21:43 AM »
Salaam,

Hey, I'm with you!  I am quite familiar with all these terms, etc., I've just never seen anyone put it into an islamic context before.  Please continue!

Your conscience is at least your own, and to follow it is to be a man; to follow the conscience of another is to be a slave.
                                                                          ~ James Allen

idolfree1

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 11:20:52 AM »
Peace be upon you ILisa,

Hey, I'm with you!  I am quite familiar with all these terms, etc.,

Beautiful! We will have some good conversation then. Hopefully you can help me figure out more connections.

I've just never seen anyone put it into an islamic context before.  Please continue!

This reading(quran) tells us that this is a confirmation of what came before it, and that we myst believ in that which descended to us AND those before us, AND that the signs are from the Horizons to within our spirits(nafs). So we have to take all knowledge and verify it. We cant disregard other traditions and thier teachings. All communities were sent a messenger and as we see , it all ties together.

I will certainly continue, but not until tommorrow. I need to do some work today because besides posting here I have been breaking down M Night Shamalans new movie with some friends.

ILisa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »
Yes!  This is how I see and understand "it" to be as well. We just cannot take the Qur'an and isolate it, freezing it in time and understand it, or even take  it from the time it was revealed until now. We must dig into the past and glean the truth from all of creation and other historical traditions, while using the Qur'an as Al-Furqan--the Criteria.

I look forward to reading more. 

~ James Allen

natu

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 12:59:45 PM »
Peace.

Good question.

Even if you are saving it (in the context of money) - you aren't just doing that with the intention of doingnothing with it, obviously, you would put it somewhere safe to retrieve it at a time when you need it or according to your plans are the God wills. Even if you are saving, then your still making use of it, not wasting it my friend. I hope this helps. :)
Here' your iPod for free - Windows XP