News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Tragedy of TYRANNICAL-minds (formerly 'free-minds')

Started by mquran, July 22, 2006, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mquran

QuoteMehdi: believe the dissapointment is due to the haughtiness who continuely believe they are better than... and cointuely call others disbelievers... or kaufar.. etc.. this form of arrogance has it's own punishment... even if it's as small as a sense of dissapointment in others.. which in itself is a form of arrogance.. and none submission to the will of Allah..

Mehdi, it's no surprise that you'd say this given your lackadiscal attitude about responsibility. Shooting your mouth off and refusing to define your own terms is your trademark.

AQ commands us to call certain people 'al-kafiroon'. So will you reject Allah's command?

QuoteArrogance was the fall of Ibilis...

Arrogance is when you refuse to even face criticism. When you take the time to answer and your opponent acts like you or Enquirer, thats not arrogance. That's a justified demand.

Quoteso with that said... Mquran.. knock if off! will ya... stick around... the runner will always run... why not face it and deal with it correctly..

I'd be happy to stick around but where insults are being hurled towards AQ and whenever believers (once again, please note how im using the word as in my first post) defend it, they are ignored or abused, then it's not the best use of my time.

Quotewhatever desicion you make... peace be on you.. and please don't be so quick to judge...

For a guy who wasnt here during the 'quranic divinity' season, you're telling me not to be 'quick to judge'? But whatever..peace.

Nadeem

Hi Mquran,

QuoteAQ commands us to call certain people 'al-kafiroon'.

I'd appreciate it if you could tell where in the quran I can find the command to call someone "kafir".

Thanks!

Nadeem
[url=http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ref/selvsentrert.aff]Bookdepository.co.uk - Free wordwide shipping![/url]

mquran

mquran

Typical Mehdi with the glaring lack of arguments. You're simply the Muhammadan version of Enquirer, aren't you?

At least that overhand clap emoticon suits you, it's a good reminder of the group you represent.

mquran

In my village - now long gone - there's an anecdote about people who allow their chickens, nay encourage thier chickens to their neighbours gardens so that when the chickens leave their droppings, its the neighbours who'll have to clean it up. So if their neighbours are too busy or there is just too many droppings, the neighbours house will look like one big faeces dump. Going into another persons domain, leaving your droppings and ignoring them isn't cool.

Sadly,this is what happens in FM.

It's a shame because FM started out well but inevitably attracted the wrong sort of crowd: verbal defecators who came, left their droppings and went to other spots to leave even more droppings. In this thread itself we can see Mr Mehdi coming up with an opening remark only to show a consipicous lack of arguments. One wonders what book he relies on because opening AQ is never on his agenda. He even called FM 'a sect about nothing' yet he is still here.  

AQ isn't 'nothing'. It's our chosen belief system and we have the right to display it in the most positive manner despite Mehdi, Enquirer, Lote-tree, Danish and others like them.

Criticism is a good thing. There's no harm per se in saying 'AQ is an old book, not suitable for modern times' but if you're going to say it, stand by it. What is modernity and why is *it* our criteria? This the critics of AQ have refused to face. This isn't about accepting AQ as divine, this is about decency. Are you decent enough to respect your discussion partner or debate opponent? Many people here are not. They are here to simply exalt in their 'transcendence' of religion. They say they have 'evolved' but I say they are *devolved* because evolved individuals are honest, decent and responsible.

It's time for me to hibernate again, with my own projects etc. For the believers in this forum, lets think about how we can clean up this forum. If we cannot do it via authority, perhaps a show of solidarity?

Thanks for your time.

Alen

Salam.

If nothing, let's start with this: at least, let's agree to disagree on certain things, we don't need to call each other names, we don't need to argue, we don't need to fight, just agree to disagree and then let's open a new topic.

May Allah Most Wise, Most High, guide us all to Heaven.
Salam.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Navid

QuoteThis isn't about accepting AQ as divine, this is about decency. Are you decent enough to respect your discussion partner or debate opponent? Many people here are not.

This is exactly what I've been saying to enquirer. I don't care about anyone's beliefs, I just want to discuss. Yet when I offer, he attacks me or attacks the argument, never discusses. Very disrespectful on a forum.

Peace
[url="//www.godssystem.wordpress.com"]www.godssystem.wordpress.com[/url]

4:82 Why then do they not study the quran with care?

Fahad

salam Layth.

Quote from: Layth on July 22, 2006, 04:19:44 PM
I believe your dissapointment is partially caused by your desire to change what cannot be changed...

We have been told by the Almighty that most people do not believe in God...We have been told that most of those who believe do so while setting-up partners...We have been told that many follow Satan and believe they are guided...

I think the disappointment is not about preventing people from disbelieving in Allah, setting up partners or following shaitaan.  it is about the rejecters and the satan followers ruining the discussion and messing up the forum. .

You can't stop them from disbelieving, but you can stop them from messing up this forum.

QuoteTherefore, if this forum is only a small reflection of the `real world` then we should come to expect this large mix of people.

people get punished in the ?real world?.

QuoteThe solution is not to lock everyone out, but to react in the manner that God has told us...

Not everyone. Only the trouble makers.

When someone is being ignorant, simply let them be and respond to them with `peace'.

When the Quran is being ridiculed or mocked, then the discussion is to be abondoned/walked-away from until the theme of talk changes.

Huh?!  Why should they be allowed to mock the Quran(!!!) in a Quranic forum , a Quranic domain , to begin with? This is very sad , bro Layth.
[url=http://takhlees.blogspot.com/]Takhlees[/url] - [url=http://www.takhlees.blogspot.com]www.takhlees.blogspot.com[/url]

Fahad

Quote from: beatnik on July 23, 2006, 11:06:25 AM
I dont think you guys need to inject our spiritual beliefs so much into this debate, because at this debate's core is this: In a forum there are sometimes people called 'trolls', when a troll appears it is warned not to cause trouble, if the troll continues to harass people or not contribute anything worthwile to the forums then it is banned.  Simple as that.  Banning trolls keeps the forum clean and friendly.  Not banning anyone out of fear of being called a dictator or whatever will ultimately lead to a chaotic and very unfriendly forum.  So its the administrator's choice really.

There is the real world and there is a forum, lets not get things mixed up, but if you really want to play at analogies, in the real world when people commit crimes they get sent to prison, know what I mean?  ;)

exactly!
[url=http://takhlees.blogspot.com/]Takhlees[/url] - [url=http://www.takhlees.blogspot.com]www.takhlees.blogspot.com[/url]

Lobster

peace

This is the problem:

1. Free-minds is getting bigger. More people means more idiots. There's a good and bad to everything. Deal with it (or them...)

2. People are attacking people. Discussions should be about what people say, not the people themselves. This thread is a perfect example. Stop these personal attacks and stick to the arguments/understanding/point of view discussion.

This is what I do:

rules for dealing with someone who doesn't answer your question:

1.do not insult them (name calling is no-no)
2.keep replying to their post (or you become the "dodger")
3.keep repeating your question in every post.

rules for dealing with a person who insults you:

1.do not insult them
2.do not keep replying to their post
3.complain to a mod if it's getting really bad
(once I compiled a list of quotes and what not and posted it...don't ever do that)

rules for dealing with people who insult the Quran without any evidence:

1.do not insult them
2.keep replying to their posts
3.create another thread or something where you can ask them straight forward questions (if they are dodgers) and have a one on one debate if you need to. You can just ask other posters not to post.

And please remember that this is an online forum. People aren't talking directly to eachother. Misunderstandings happen. So be more forgiving.
:peace:
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil