News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Tragedy of TYRANNICAL-minds (formerly 'free-minds')

Started by mquran, July 22, 2006, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mquran

QuoteSaladin:And I hope that these things gets fixed, so we can have him back.
Too kind brother but I'm here anyway. Where else am I going to go?

mquran

Damon,  I used to criticise Dr Shabbir for his draconian style but when faced with these type of guys, i think Shabbir has a lot of sense. Being kind only gives them the scent of ur blood.

Lobster

peace

The thing is that this forum, like everyother forum, will have it's share of immature idiots. There is nothing we can do about that.
What's happened to this forum is that it isn't a small forum with only a few regular posters any more.

mquran,
I understand you, but we can't say that everyone should treat the Quran as a divine book. In fact, no one here should because no one here knows exactly what the Quran is saying (in it's totality). The only possibility, then, is to look at it as nothing more than a book written a millenium ago. We can only read it and discuss it and decide whether it has divine qualities or not.
I'm not saying we should change our beliefs, but just our attitude in discussing it with people who are skeptical about it's value to mankind (and I'm one of them, I guess).
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

theNabster

41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

Damon

Peace MQ,

I have decided to delete my post in this thread.

For one, I already know the reaction I will get for it. Second of all, it is not something that hasn't been said before. It will not change anything with these people as Layth has already pointed out.

Peace,
Damon.

theNabster

Peace all genuine guidance seekers
I think the appropriate response was in Layth's post.
May I add from memory in the Quran: Do not insult what they associate with God, lest in their ignorance they will insult God Himself.
So the best strategy is to ignore the deaf, dumb, blind, as they will not return.
To them their Deen and to me mine...
Salam
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

Marlboro

Quote from: mquran on July 22, 2006, 03:26:35 PM
Dear Believers in Al-Quraan (AQ)

I have refrained from posting in FM for the last month or so although I have kept up-to-date with the topics being discussed. This hiatus has given me an opportunity to reevaluate Free-Minds and thus offer my humble opinions as to how I believe Free-Minds should be.

Free-Minds is the only forum on internet which does not presuppose that people who discuss AQ are automatically part of what is known in the world as 'the muslims'. This uniqueness is not iconic but serves as a platform from which we can launch into the deepest recesses of al-quraan. I cherish that platform and I hope you do as well

However, as Allah has promised, al-baathil/falsehood will gather like scum before being washed away by the ever-flowing al-haqq (13/17) and so it is the case with every human situation including forum which has become infested with certain individuals who do not or choose not to understand what this forum is about.

As Layth has defined Free-Minds as 'has been created for all people who have a desire to allow God into their lives and follow His path alone..' and that this is 'is fully outlined in the final Book of God (The Quran) which was revealed centuries ago...'

This implies that al-quraan has to be treated in the most reverent manner in this forum. It is up to the moderators to enforce this but - and I address this to people who believe in al-quraan as it should be believed in (henceforth known as 'believers')- it is up to us uphold solidarity and disallow people who treat al-quraan as a jest to gain any footing and continue their campaign of diversion.

Please note : This is NOT a suggestion to stop stop allowing criticisms of AQ. Criticisms of AQ can help us to see just how invulnerable AQ is. Rather, this is a suggestion to insert fairness into a discussion. I have noticed that under the guise of freedom, much disparagement has been hurled at AQ. When the disparagement was challenged, we're either stonewalled or maligned.  We believers , including the owner and moderators themselves have been made the victims in a domain which swears to uphold God's book.

The problem? We refuse to judge by al-quraan. We have chucked away the shackles of traditionalism but have tacitly imported the shackles of modernism. We are told that AQ proposes laws which are barbaric and out-of-date and yet we still call people who say this as 'brother' or 'sister'. Is this right?

AQ:
Have you not seen those who claim to have believed in what was revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you? They wish to refer legislation to Taghut, while they were commanded to reject it; and Satan wishes to lead them far astray. (4/60)

Allah is clearly telling us what these critics are all about. If you do not wish to refer to Allah, by definition you wish to refer to at-taghuut (authority figures who TRANSGRESS) and yet these people are openly telling the believers to do so. AQ tells us that this is shaitaan's wish.

If we need more proof, we are told by some of these people that their indulgence in alcohol is OK and that they find triumph from influencing people to consume alcohol. Alcohol, part of al-khamr or intoxicants is the work of ASH-SHAITAAN and we are to steer clear away from it (5/90-91). If anyone disagrees with AQ, fine but should believers be made to listen to their satanic discourses in the believer's own area?

What happens when we do not judge according to Allah's will? We become fasiqeen (5/47) and will any be destroyed EXCEPT the fasiqeen (46/35)

I have chosen to be inactive for the simple reason that I feel my responses will be obfuscated by their volume of non-believers in this forum. Until we the believers take charge and say,  this is a QURANIC forum and if you want to discuss, discuss under Quran's rules, no progress shall be made. Do not be afraid to label people who advocated kufr as they should be labelled and treat them as they choose to be treated.
Do not let free-minds become TYRANNICAL-minds.

Wasalam.

Salam Mquran,

I certainly agree with you bro, from last couple of months this place is a mess. If it doesnt change soon, many folks like you will leave and the nonbelievers will shadow this place.

A sad ending for a nice place like this.

theNabster

Peace
The closer one gets to the Truth, the more the devils will oppose him/her.

simple

Salaams,

I was wondering where mquran has got to -good to see you still active Br.

Salaams.

beatnik

I dont think you guys need to inject our spiritual beliefs so much into this debate, because at this debate's core is this: In a forum there are sometimes people called 'trolls', when a troll appears it is warned not to cause trouble, if the troll continues to harass people or not contribute anything worthwile to the forums then it is banned.  Simple as that.  Banning trolls keeps the forum clean and friendly.  Not banning anyone out of fear of being called a dictator or whatever will ultimately lead to a chaotic and very unfriendly forum.  So its the administrator's choice really.

There is the real world and there is a forum, lets not get things mixed up, but if you really want to play at analogies, in the real world when people commit crimes they get sent to prison, know what I mean?  ;)
[Peace]
[url=http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites]Click once a day[/url]