Author Topic: The holy valley of Tawa  (Read 9042 times)

/*JM*/

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +6/-3
The holy valley of Tawa
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:45:38 PM »
[20:12] : "I am your Lord, so take off your slippers, you are in the holy valley Tawa."

Does someone knows where this valley is ?

What is the meaning of this valley being holy ?

Looking forward for your opinions

idolfree1

Re: The holy valley of Tawa
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:23:29 PM »
Peace be upon you,

The literal translation translates "tawa" as "wrapped WITHIN".

Musa was told to remove his shoes because this is not a physcial journey, it is a spiritual journey within.

AhmedBahgat

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 02:21:39 PM »
[20:12] : "I am your Lord, so take off your slippers, you are in the holy valley Tawa."

Does someone knows where this valley is ?

What is the meaning of this valley being holy ?

Looking forward for your opinions

Peace bro

I know exactly where it is and ironically my brother had an amazing experience in that valley, it is located in Sinai "Egypt", my nrother is a resident doctor in that blessed area for the last 20  years, please google maps for Sinai to see where it is located exactly, the valley is a very popular tourist destination, and is a must tour if you will visit Egypt, because it consists of a group of mountains, it is sort of rugged and elevated area , see photos below:

Tourists who visit Egypt must visit and climb one of these blessed mountains in a tour that starts at about 2 AM to watch the sunrise from the summit at about 5 AM, an amazing sight if you ask me man, THIS IS A MUST SEE BY ALL

One day my brother and one of my friends took that tour to climb the mountain on foot, the route up will take about 2 to 3 hours, from the top all with cameras take some of the best shots/videos ever, just knowing that Moses was standing somewhere near by talking to Allah  makes a whole heap of difference,  any way my brother and my friend followed the tour line ?a very long line consists of tourists following a leader with sort of flash light? ?very dark indeed?, half way through my brother sort of wanted to leak ?lol?, however he forgot totally that he was walking in the BLESSED LAND where Moses was ordered to take off his shoe and walk bare foot in it due to ?how Tahirra it is?

My brother answered the call so he stopped following the line and quickly in the dark stopped and tried to leak, the other tourists including my friend continued on their climb up the rugged mountain, my brother on the other hand zipped it open and all of a sudden a lighting bolt smashed him cold on the ground hitting his front tooth on a rock breaking it into halves, you can call me a liar if you wish but Allah knows that this is a true story, I have photos up the mountain during the sunrise and his face is like being smashed by Tyson, he stood up quickly after loosing it for a few seconds and ran screaming calling my friend name who was a bit further up the mountain, anyway the rest is history to my brother and a warning to others

Sorry for the boring story bro but you can find more info about the Valley of Towa in here:

http://springtours.com/citysain.htm

Salam

AhmedBahgat

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:50:21 PM »
Hey JM

Here is the photo of my brother at the summit of the Valley of Towa, if you can notice that one tooth is missing, this was talken about 2 hours after the incident I mentioned earlier

cheers

Arnold Yasin

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-7
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 03:00:48 PM »
Peace,

The problem with taking the valley as literal is the taking of the slippers. You wear slippers so you don't damage your feet and to keep them as clean as possible. When you take off the sandals, you do this when you enter a place where the ground must be kept clean and free from outside dirt. Here Moses was asked to take off his sandals in the valley. So he's not entering a clean place where the outside dirt must be kept away. God doesn't care about dirt as He is above that, all the cleanness codes inside the Quran are for us, not because "God likes cleanness", all has a reason. So here then comes the question: If we take it literaly, why then has Moses to take off his sandals, where his feet were gonna be as dirty as his sandals? Not out of respect, as the respect of taking off your shoes is connected with that you respect the cleaness of a house/residence, so this taking off the sandals cannot be connected with respect.

So for me, the only thing left is that taking off the sandals is used metaphorically, and refers to that he arrived at the end of his journey, and can enter the house of prophethood.

As for the valley AB mentiones, in the old days there were also more then ten mountain sinai. So refering to names given by people is not that trustworthy.

Oh yeah, AB welcome back...............

AhmedBahgat

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 06:56:44 PM »
You wear slippers so you don't damage your feet and to keep them as clean as possible.

LOL bro

can you please tell me how you can prove that we wear sandals to protect our feet, a verse form the Quran should be enough, thank you

When you take off the sandals, you do this when you enter a place where the ground must be kept clean and free from outside dirt.

well, we can p[erform salat while we are wearing sandals, so I donlt get your point exactly

Here Moses was asked to take off his sandals in the valley. So he's not entering a clean place where the outside dirt must be kept away.

LOL, thanks again bro for the laugh, so all the msajid are dirtytyt because we take oiff our shoes when we enter it, a new insight that is

God doesn't care about dirt as He is above that, all the cleanness codes inside the Quran are for us, not because "God likes cleanness", all has a reason. So here then comes the question: If we take it literaly, why then has Moses to take off his sandals, where his feet were gonna be as dirty as his sandals? Not out of respect, as the respect of taking off your shoes is connected with that you respect the cleaness of a house/residence, so this taking off the sandals cannot be connected with respect.

bro iot will be silly of me to get involove into this, you take it as you want and I will take it as I explained

So for me, the only thing left is that taking off the sandals is used metaphorically, and refers to that he arrived at the end of his journey, and can enter the house of prophethood.

hehe, I will warn you using the Quran

"La Taddirbo Lellah Al Amathal"

which means, do not associate metaphores to Allah that He never said himeself

As for the valley AB mentiones, in the old days there were also more then ten mountain sinai. So refering to names given by people is not that trustworthy.

oh yeh I',m conspiring with the egyptian government to promote tourism to egypt

Oh yeah, AB welcome back...............

cheers, glad to be back

soul2squeeze

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 07:46:41 PM »
Peace all

This idea that it is all a spiritual journey, adds a beautiful meaning to the message. I think it is in accordance with the quran. But I think the other words in the aya make this theory problematic.

How would you metaphorically understand a holy valley (el-wad el-mukkadas)?

Arnold Yasin

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-7
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »
You wear slippers so you don't damage your feet and to keep them as clean as possible.

LOL bro

can you please tell me how you can prove that we wear sandals to protect our feet, a verse form the Quran should be enough, thank you

This is pure logic. Tell me then, why do you wear shoes?

When you take off the sandals, you do this when you enter a place where the ground must be kept clean and free from outside dirt.

well, we can perform salat while we are wearing sandals, so I donlt get your point exactly

What has this to do with salaat? This talks about any place. This is the house-rule almost everywhere on earth.

Here Moses was asked to take off his sandals in the valley. So he's not entering a clean place where the outside dirt must be kept away.

LOL, thanks again bro for the laugh, so all the msajid are dirtytyt because we take oiff our shoes when we enter it, a new insight that is

? I see you don't get the point. Why the need to take off sandals? People only take off shoes/sandals because they want to keep outside-dirt outside the place. Where is the need for that in an outside valley?

God doesn't care about dirt as He is above that, all the cleanness codes inside the Quran are for us, not because "God likes cleanness", all has a reason. So here then comes the question: If we take it literaly, why then has Moses to take off his sandals, where his feet were gonna be as dirty as his sandals? Not out of respect, as the respect of taking off your shoes is connected with that you respect the cleaness of a house/residence, so this taking off the sandals cannot be connected with respect.

bro iot will be silly of me to get involove into this, you take it as you want and I will take it as I explained.

This is normal definition, things have a clear reason and taking off shoes/sandals have clear non-mysterious reasons.

hehe, I will warn you using the Quran

"La Taddirbo Lellah Al Amathal"

which means, do not associate metaphores to Allah that He never said himeself

Ok, then explain why did he take of his sandals in a valley? Where is the need for that?

oh yeh I',m conspiring with the egyptian government to promote tourism to egypt

No AB, this is normal and can be seen allover the world. Egypt just took over the valley-name from the old people. If the old peoples didn't name the valley themselves Tuwa is something to be disproven. There used to be more ten different Mount Sinai. One survived because of The Isrealy people were the only ones that had historical bond to the name. Their Mount Sinai is close to Jerusalem, while in the Bible story they were supposed to be still far away from Jerusalem. Same as calling the Dome of the Rock Al-aqsa. This has nothing with conspiring but with that the later people take the old name serious and don't question if the old people really meant that it was the real mount or valley...

Peace

AhmedBahgat

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 01:08:24 AM »
Quote from: arnoldyasin
This is pure logic. Tell me then, why do you wear shoes?

I wear shoes because I learnt to wear shoes since I was born, now you tell me why many humans don?t wear shoes at all?

What has this to do with salaat? This talks about any place. This is the house-rule almost everywhere on earth.

Is the act of taking off the shoe as Moses were ordered when he entered the valley of Towa sounds like humans taking off their shoes when they enter the Masajid?

Sounds the same to me, I take it a matter of respect, how do you take it?

? I see you don't get the point. Why the need to take off sandals? People only take off shoes/sandals because they want to keep outside-dirt outside the place. Where is the need for that in an outside valley?

the valley is muqaddas and therefore it sounds to me as a matter of respect exactly like entering the masajid

This is normal definition, things have a clear reason and taking off shoes/sandals have clear non-mysterious reasons.

Well, a child will get it that it is  a matter of respect

Ok, then explain why did he take of his sandals in a valley? Where is the need for that?

You dodged the strong argument against the likes of you who invent similitudes and associate then to Allah, again, have some sense please and fear the warning from Allah directed to you and the likes of you:

74- Invent not similitudes for Allah: for Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

75- Allah sets forth the Parable (of two men: one) a slave under the dominion of another; He has no power of any sort; and (the other) a man on whom We have bestowed goodly favours from Ourselves, and he spends thereof (freely), privately and publicly: are the two equal? (By no means;) praise be to Allah. But most of them understand not.

76- Allah sets forth (another) Parable of two men: one of them dumb, with no power of any sort; a wearisome burden is he to his master; whichever way be directs him, he brings no good: is such a man equal with one who commands Justice, and is on a Straight Way?

[The Quran ; 16:74-76]

فَلاَ تَضْرِبُواْ لِلّهِ الأَمْثَالَ إِنَّ اللّهَ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ (74)
ضَرَبَ اللّهُ مَثَلاً عَبْدًا مَّمْلُوكًا لاَّ يَقْدِرُ عَلَى شَيْءٍ وَمَن رَّزَقْنَاهُ مِنَّا رِزْقًا حَسَنًا فَهُوَ يُنفِقُ مِنْهُ سِرًّا وَجَهْرًا هَلْ يَسْتَوُونَ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ بَلْ أَكْثَرُهُمْ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ (75)
وَضَرَبَ اللّهُ مَثَلاً رَّجُلَيْنِ أَحَدُهُمَا أَبْكَمُ لاَ يَقْدِرُ عَلَىَ شَيْءٍ وَهُوَ كَلٌّ عَلَى مَوْلاهُ أَيْنَمَا يُوَجِّههُّ لاَ يَأْتِ بِخَيْرٍ هَلْ يَسْتَوِي هُوَ وَمَن يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَهُوَ عَلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ (76)

-> Now do you have enough common sense to understand 16:74-76 or you need a hand?

No AB, this is normal and can be seen allover the world. Egypt just took over the valley-name from the old people. If the old peoples didn't name the valley themselves Tuwa is something to be disproven. There used to be more ten different Mount Sinai. One survived because of The Isrealy people were the only ones that had historical bond to the name. Their Mount Sinai is close to Jerusalem, while in the Bible story they were supposed to be still far away from Jerusalem. Same as calling the Dome of the Rock Al-aqsa. This has nothing with conspiring but with that the later people take the old name serious and don't question if the old people really meant that it was the real mount or valley...
Peace

Damn bro, I don?t talk politics

Cheers

Arnold Yasin

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-7
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:36 AM »
Peace,

This is directly what i mean. You don't understand that taking of the shoes in a masjid has to do wth not taking dirt into the masjid or a house. The 'showing respect' is showing respect for not wanting to dirty up the floor where people put there fore-heads on the floor, so the respect is linked with hygene. Everything has a direct reason. And i advise you to investigate more what are the psychological reasons for terms as 'respect' and 'holy'. That a kids takes it as respect is because a kid doesn't look further then it's nose and doesn't think where the feeling of respect comes from. You tell me: Why is taking of your shoes/sandals out of respect? And when is respect given and what is it's source and function? There are bases behind the term respect. And there as much people wearing sandals/shoes as not wearing shoes/sandals which a lot of times is also connected with social wealth.