News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

A Challenge to Those Who Reject the Divinity of Al-Quraan

Started by mquran, May 16, 2006, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mquran

Key : The Camp Against Al-Quraan's Divinity : (A)
        The Camp Supporting Al-Quraan's Divinity (P)   
This is a formal challenge to everyone here who reject the divinity of Al-Quraan to a moderated debate as per the moderated debate suggestion in the other thread especially to the following individuals:
1. Enquirer
2. Danish
3. Lote-Tree

The format of the debate - which I am prepared to negotiate on- is tentatively as follows:
1. A will forward an argument supporting it's cause, perhaps a contradiction

2. B will reply or seek clarification and the moderator in question will see if the response or clarification will meet A's aforementioned argument.

3. B will then ask A a question vis-a-vis the nature or basis of his argument.

4. A will respond and moderators will determine if the answer has been answered.

This will continue until the argument is satisfactorily treated.

My suggestion for moderator : Layth or Zenje.

Awaiting your responses. Let us now see the substance of your positions.

Lobster

peace

I didn't really want it to be called The Quran Challenge. Why does it have to be such a big deal. Why a challenge? why not just a question that needs an answer?
It shouldn't be one side vs the other. It should be a contructive debate and discussion from which all can learn. Not a challenge. No one here is God's Holy warrior, we are all God's servants seeking answers.

please delete this post once the name has been change.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

salgan

Peace mquran

For this debate to be fair you wold have to use two impartial moderaters who do not support either side and I belive that neither Layth or Zenje fit the bill .

Peace Salim
They Live We Sleep

AhmedBahgat

I suugest that The Nabi be one of those moderators, he is very reasonable

Cheers

zenje

Again... First the two members, then the mod(s).

Peace  :)
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

almarh0m

Salam Brethren

Can't go wrong with with Savage_Carot and TheGod as Moderators . Impartiality is Guaranteed  :) .

Cheers
almarh0m

" Fii maq?di shidqin 'inda maliikin muqtadir ".
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

enquirer

Peace all. I am still waiting for wakas' response,some guidelines,and a choice of moderators.... :)

Wakas

i gave my response in the other thread. I said give me a specific subject and the specific point and your position on it and I'll see whether I want to accept or not.

I cant give a blanket yes without knowing what specific topic will be discussed.

You suggested phoenix and idol-free as mods. I'm fine with that.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

enquirer

Peace wakas. I have already set out the questions,and my general position...They are in the general section,or you can look at my 'most recent' posts...
Peace all.

savage_carrot

Peace bro Wakas,

Here is the post containing enquirer's questions.

Quote from: enquirerPeace wakas. Two seperate points we can debate,either;
1) How literalism creates contradictions in the quranic text... Or,
2) Are the quranic laws relevant for all times,or only the 'spirit/'implied morality' of these laws?
My opinion is that literalism creates contradictions,so one has to resort to 'justifications' to correct these contradictions....
My opinion is that the quranic laws are not relevent for all times,and only some of the underlying morality is needed for todays society....
Im open to any topics you,or anyone else wants to dicuss...
I am not,repeat am not,an enemy of quran...But i dislike the quran being used for justifying  human oppression....My aim is not to win this dicussion,or prove my ego...But to increase understanding of these topics,so we can benefit the forum,and benefit humanity....Which im sure we can unite on...
Peace all.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

enquirer

Peace savage carrot. Thank you for posting that... :)

savage_carrot

Peace almarh0m, all

I am honoured that you think so. Thank you so much.

I would however like to post some more members that I think can be asked to moderate if they agree. These are Tay, cavemandoctor, adley, David and arnoldyasin. I don't think most members would have a problem with them.

*corrected*

Wakas

peace enquirer, and thanks sc for posting that.

I am interested in both, but I have a preference for (2) if I had to choose. So now thats sorted, do we have to wait till the mods accept, and then create a specifc thread?
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

adley

Salaam Nadia,

Thanks for including me in the list. ;D
But I have to back down, because I don't think I have the knack in debates or being a moderator ;D ;D ;D

My suggestion would be the rest of your list, yourself, Wakas, and AgentXXX. ;D (either one or two is fine)

=adley=
Where faith begins, knowledge ends.

enquirer

Peace wakas. Ok,question 2 is great...We both agree on phoenix and idol-free....Agentxxx,Elke,magi,simple, and peacefulmuslim would also make good moderators in this debate,in my opinion....(if the others arent available.) We will wait for the named mods to respond....
Peace all. ps;looking forward to a good,clean,productive,friendly debate..... :yay: :bravo: :group:

Arnold Yasin

Peace,

I don't mind particpating, but i don't have much time. And i would like to know what i exactly should do....

savage_carrot

Peace AY,

Well, it doesn't have to be time dependent... I think after each response the moderators may comment on the post if they think it hasn't answered the other's side satisfactorily and may ask them to rephrase or clarify. Stuff like that. Basically be there to see that the debate is constructive, substantial and actually trying to go somewhere instead of causing frustration because the same things are repeated amongst other things. Ideally however, like salgan pointed out, the moderators in a debate should be impartial so that this is achieved. Hopefully, at the end of it, both parties and those observing can learn from the exchange.

Arnold Yasin

Yes, i agree with this, This is important, plus all people can learn from this.

CavemanDoctor

[url="http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/kenny/papers/bell.html"]Most profound scientific discovery ever[/url]

savage_carrot

Thanks guys, in this particular case we are waiting to see if the mods named are available. I basically wanted to list some people I thought would make good moderators in a debate so that in the future people looking for mods have someone to choose from that they know are available.

mquran

Wakas, here are some humble suggestions for you, if that's ok:

Quote1) How literalism creates contradictions in the quranic text... Or,
Question him on his assumption. WHERE are the contradictions he claims to have been 'created'. Pursue him on every Arabic reference. He doesnt know Arabic and so will have severe problems trying to get the point across.

Quote2) Are the quranic laws relevant for all times,or only the 'spirit/'implied morality' of these laws?

Ask him how his viewpoint is superior over the Quranic view point. Question his 'moral' assumptions.

enquirer

Peace wakas. Yes,ask those questions that mquran is requesting....I am looking forward to a good exchange of views with someone who is open-minded,and realistic... :)

Danish

Peace 'enquirer',

Quote from: enquirer on May 18, 2006, 12:51:43 PM
I am looking forward to a good exchange of views with someone who is open-minded,and realistic... :)
That's the spirit my friend. Go for it and I'm sure you're capable of dealing with Arabic references/language. Need any support in my limited capabilities, don't hesitate to pm me. :)

Wakas

We both agree on phoenix and idol-free....Agentxxx,Elke,magi,simple, and peacefulmuslim

why are so many moderators needed? lets stick to whom we agreed upon originally.

savage_carrot

Let's start the thread. We'll let enquirer make his first post and then the mods can jump in. Let's just get the ball rolling...

Enquirer:- Would you like to title and create the thread with your opening post in this section??! Thanks!

enquirer

Peace savage carrot. Ok,i will start the thread tommorow morning...
Just one point...Is this discussion between me and wakas? I think that would be good,as we can go point by point without interruptions...If anybody wants to ask a question or make a suggestion,they can pm me or wakas,and we can incorporate their advice in the debate...I say this because otherwise i have a feeling that several intruders will 'pollute' the thread,thus rendering the 'modified debate' the same as any other debate on the forum...Tell me if you think this is ok?
Peace all.

savage_carrot

Quote from: enquirerPeace savage carrot. Ok,i will start the thread tommorow morning...
Just one point...Is this discussion between me and wakas? I think that would be good,as we can go point by point without interruptions...If anybody wants to ask a question or make a suggestion,they can pm me or wakas,and we can incorporate their advice in the debate...I say this because otherwise i have a feeling that several intruders will 'pollute' the thread,thus rendering the 'modified debate' the same as any other debate on the forum...Tell me if you think this is ok?
Sure, no one else will post on that thread except you, Wakas and the mods selected. If anyone else would like to discuss that particular thread, they are welcome to start a parallel thread in this section.

enquirer

Peace SC. Ok,sounds good...I trust it will be a 'sticky',and that it can run for a week or two...?
Thanks for your help... :)

enquirer

Peace danish...Thanks for your support...I look forward to your input by pm... :bravo: