News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Pakistan?

Started by Leena, March 11, 2006, 12:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ik75243

salam

samajh naheen arah hay kay qyun cricket world cup US mein hay, nobody likes it here !

Lobster

cricket world cup jamaica mein hai. Sunaa that ke shayad (and that's a big shayad) kuch matches Florida mein hoon.
Imran, yahan bohut Indian/pakistani log hain jo cricket dekhte hain.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

warda

Hi
I have two questions for you hope one of you can help me here:

1. is it common to write Urdu in latin letters instead of the arabic letters? i see it very often and it seems to me that ppl are used to write Urdu in latin letters. Isnt it strenuous to follow? From my own experience i can say that using latin letters but writing arabic is quite annoying after a while and not always clear.

2. Would someone of you please do me a big big  favour and tell me what the following words of Kailash Khers song "Teri Dewanee" means?
You dont have to translate it word for word (would be great though  :angel: ) just like what is he singing about?
This is a very beautiful song which can be found along with some other songs of his superb great music here (its really worth checking it..):

http://www.wallpaperspecial.com/ind-pop/kkk.htm

preet ki lat mohe aisi lagi
ho gayi me matwari
bali bali jau me apne pia ko
ke me jau wari wari

mohe sudh budh na rahi tan man ki
ye to jane duniya sari
bebas or lachaar firu me
hari me dil hari

verse 1
tere naam se jee lu tere naam se mar jau
tere jaan ke sadke me kuch aisa kar jau

chorus

tune kya kar dala mar gayi me mit gayi me
o ho ri haan hhan ri hogayi me
teri deewani teri deewani

verse2
ishq junoon jab had se badh jae
hanste hanste aashiq suli chad jaye
ishq ka jadoo sar chad kar bole
khoob laga lo pehre,raste rab khole
yehi ishq di marzi hai yehi rab di marzi hai

chorus

verse3
hey me rang rangili deewani
hey me albeli me mastani
gau bajau sabko rijhau
hey me deewani me deewani

chorus

Lobster

peace Warda,

It is common to write Urdu in latin letters on the internet. It is quite hard to follow, especially because everyone has a different way of spelling something.
And there are people like me who can't write very well in urdu so i use latin letters whenever i want to leave a message for me mother.

methinks the song is talking about a girl who is crazy about some guy. The title means " I (a girl) am crazy about you" or something like that.
I don't know a lot of the words in that song so i can't translate it word for word. sorry!
Also, if this is an indian song, then it might be written in Hindi, which is similar to urdu but has some different words.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

savage_carrot

Peace warda,

Lemme take a stab at translating the lyrics, though be warned it's not going to be as great as it sounds in urdu...or is it actually that great in urdu hmm...

preet ki lat mohe aisi lagi
ho gayi me matwari
bali bali jau me apne pia ko
ke me jau wari wari

I have been hit by the addiction of love so bad
I have gone crazy over you/about you
er..have no idea what she's on about in the last two

mohe sudh budh na rahi tan man ki
ye to jane duniya sari
bebas or lachaar firu me
hari me dil hari

I think she's saying I don't care about my body & mind
the whole world knows
i'm desperate and lackadaisical?
i've lost my heart

verse 1

Live with your name and die with your name
for the sake of your life i want to do something (?)

what have you done, i'm dead i'm annihilated  :D
I've become crazy about you (I think she means it in a sense of a disciple or fan?)

verse2
ishq junoon jab had se badh jae
hanste hanste aashiq suli chad jaye
ishq ka jadoo sar chad kar bole
khoob laga lo pehre,raste rab khole
yehi ishq di marzi hai yehi rab di marzi hai

when the craziness of love exceeds bounds
the lover gladly takes the blame? (suli means um, the place where they hang people i think)
proclaim the magic of love openly
take as many tries, god opens the paths
this is the will of love, this is the will of god

verse3
hey me rang rangili deewani
hey me albeli me mastani
gau bajau sabko rijhau
hey me deewani me deewani

i'm lovestruck crazed within colours?
im alone and crazy (again and does albeli really mean alone? or unique?)
make music and sing and call everyone (i think)
i'm crazy i am.

And there ends my amateur translating jaunt. I hope it has pleased.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

warda

Peace SM

please feel kissed and hugged from me!
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you very much!!! 

:handshake:

I am surprised how many words i can understand from arabic like ishq, junoun, dunia, rab, .... so at least some little i can get....

did u listen to the song? liked it?

the video of  the  song is not bad either ... you see, i became a real fan of this singer and other indian singers ...lol

thanks once more Nadja this helps me to learn, who knows maybe one day i can speak Urdu/Hindi ?  :angel: lool

Salams
warda

savage_carrot

Peace Warda,

You're most welcome!  :) I think it was a crappy translating job but I'm glad you found it useful, I had lots of fun while translating it! Yeah, the arabic similarities are there to some extent definitely and I haven't heard this song or seen the video, don't normally hear or see much hindi stuff tbh. And please post or pm anytime you need any help!
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

ik75243

peace

i always considered urdu, arabic's "daughter language"

written almost exactly the same way, a lot of similarities in the alphabet etc...

agentxxx

salam nadia behan,

app nay bohut acchi translation ke  :bravo:
mayn nay thori koshish ke thi magar mujay apney translation per khud hansie aa gaey is leay mayn nay usay post nahin keah  :)

app sab per salmati ho,
:peace:
KIND WORDS AND THE COVERING OF FAULTS ARE BETTER THAN CHARITY FOLLOWED BY INJURY.[2:263]
DO YE ENJOIN RIGHT CONDUCT ON THE PEOPLE, and FORGET (TO PRACTICE IT) YOURSELVES, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?.2:44.

agentxxx

salam imran,

Quotei always considered urdu, arabic's "daughter language"

written almost exactly the same way, a lot of similarities in the alphabet etc...
urdu ko "lashkari" zuban kehtay hain, yeh "arabic, persian, hindi etc" zubanon ka mixture hai.

salamat rahain,
:peace:
KIND WORDS AND THE COVERING OF FAULTS ARE BETTER THAN CHARITY FOLLOWED BY INJURY.[2:263]
DO YE ENJOIN RIGHT CONDUCT ON THE PEOPLE, and FORGET (TO PRACTICE IT) YOURSELVES, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?.2:44.