Author Topic: Book Recommendation: SUFI METAPHYSICS & QUR'ANIC PROPHET  (Read 703 times)

mquran

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-2
Book Recommendation: SUFI METAPHYSICS & QUR'ANIC PROPHET
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:54:44 AM »
Salaamun alaikum,

I recommend the title above for interested readers.

Ibn Arabi's Fusus Al-hikam was the primary stimulus for me to explore the notion that the personalities of al-quraan were archetypes which exist in the human world potentially and/or actually.

This book is an explanation of Ibn Arabi's ideas on the matter. While his notions aren't purely Quranic in my opinion, we can discern his world-view from this text and surmise that the world-view itself is indeed Quranic.

idolfree1

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 08:10:40 AM »
Peace be upon you MQ,

Sounds good brother, I will look for that and the other book you requested quite a while ago.

Thanks.

Tay

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +11/-3
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »
Peace M,

Thanks for the recommendation. While this thread is open, could you and anyone else please post references to any other 'must-read' titles. I was compiling a booklist for the past year and lost it when I swapped out my hard drive.

Thanks.

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

idolfree1

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 08:42:34 PM »
Peace be upon you Tay,

Metu Neter Volumes 1 and 2.

Listen, is there anyone here from Iran? I just saw a good program called Mystic Iran, I would like more info on the Dervishes and the history of "Sirus" (I think that was the name of the Persian "king")

truth

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +7/-6
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 08:56:42 PM »
Quote from: "idolfree1"
the history of "Sirus" (I think that was the name of the Persian "king")

Cyrus

Wikipedia should have some decent info.

"the Knower of the Unseen, and He reveals unto none His secret,
Save unto a messenger whom He has chosen, and He made an affirmer to proceed him and another to follow him.
That He may know that they have indeed conveyed the messages of their Lord. He is cognizant of all their doings, and He keeps account of all things."

72:26-28