About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Doubt regarding Quran, the Prophet...Dealing with addiction

Started by shakeel, February 17, 2020, 02:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

Peace jafar.
I see a problem in what you say here, quote:

I don't see your 'doubt' about Quran or Muhammad as a problem, you never met Mohammad and the book was written and compiled centuries before you're being born, whatever opinion that you have regarding it truly it doesn't matter.

Why? Because of the following:

1-Doubt inside a mind is always a problem, it has to be solved or worked on to be solved. Because if not, it remains in the mind.

2- There are lots of thinkers, human pioneers,...that we cannot possibly meet, but their legacy/work/sacrifice....has eased our existence and taught us good things about how to tackle this life.

3-Similarly  there are,books that have been compiled/written/inspired.... centuries ago that are still with us challenging us to get our life in order, shall we just ignore them and not look them up?

4- every one s opinion matters to them. It may be wrong or right but it is still an existing opinion that it needs to go through their own testing.

5-Or maybe they should just listen to your opinion?

Not as easy as you paint it brother., or just give him the details of your "own journey" to wear. In that case one should just forget everything and all their doubts and all that has gone on before them and take up @jafar way and philosophy. Why not?
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

hawk99

Quote from: shakeel on February 17, 2020, 02:25:42 AM
Hello,

I have been dealing with a serious addiction for over a couple of decades. For the last few years, I have worked different program of recovery and also started praying Fajr at Masjid and the like.
But every 2 months, I would relapse to the point that I started to doubt Allah and his message and Mohammed

Peace shakeel, may Allah bring you peace.  In my opinion you are dealing
with two things at once.  You desire the road to peace, but erroneously
have chosen both pleasure (drugs) and peace (Islam).  The drugs may
give you temporary pleasure but cannot bring lifelong peace.
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Jafar

Quote from: good logic on February 18, 2020, 05:20:42 AM
1-Doubt inside a mind is always a problem, it has to be solved or worked on to be solved. Because if not, it remains in the mind.

Questioning is a good practice... by questioning one shall eventually arrived at the answer.
Don't let fear induced by others stopped you from questioning.

Quote2- There are lots of thinkers, human pioneers,...that we cannot possibly meet, but their legacy/work/sacrifice....has eased our existence and taught us good things about how to tackle this life.

Definitely.. but it's the GOOD THINGS that should be the FOCUS and not the figures nor the legacy.

Quote3-Similarly  there are,books that have been compiled/written/inspired.... centuries ago that are still with us challenging us to get our life in order, shall we just ignore them and not look them up?

Look ALL of them, if you can, but NOT look only in ONE of them.

Quote4- every one s opinion matters to them. It may be wrong or right but it is still an existing opinion that it needs to go through their own testing.

Definitely.. and actually there is no wrong or right.....

Quote5-Or maybe they should just listen to your opinion?
Everyone should opened their ear to any angle, as God's message came from any angle and NOT just ONE angle, given God controls everything, the true God that is.

Quoteone should just forget everything and all their doubts and all that has gone on before them and take up @jafar way and philosophy. Why not?

The QUESTIONING on the validity of the material presented by Torah or Quran or Harry Potter or Bible or Talmud or Hadith or US Constitution etc.. is a GOOD thing and NOT a PROBLEM.

The problem is on the ADDICTION, which should be the focus.

The first step to control "Addictive Thought" inside one head is to FIRST disassociate yourselves from such thoughts. Do not recognize it as your thought treat it as "others" thought, next acknowledge the thought and then decide whether to IGNORE (if it's addictive and bad) or Follow / Do the thought (if it's good). Without disassociating it will be very hard to ignore.

Addictive Thought is basically a form of ATTACHMENT, an association of yourselves or some aspect of yourselves towards it, it can be in the form of anything, it can be towards:
- Drugs
- Cigarettes
- Sugar (for those who has diabetes)
- Meat / Fat
- Alcohol
- Video Games
- Football
- Football Team
- Religion
- Holy Books
- Nationality
- Race / Ethnicity
- Identity
- and millions more

It's all about setting the "focus", the evidence of one can easily disassociate themselves from any of those is how easily one can associate / set the focus on any of those.

In fact, everyone does it daily and easily during their sleep..
As "Sleeping State" is actually the state where one soul / consciousness  is disassociating itself / refocusing itself away from it's ego / body / conscious mind, and all of it's focus / attachment / addiction goes away.

But definitely, sleep can also cause an 'addiction'.. due to peaceful and pleasant nature of sleeping one can also easily get addicted to it.

good logic

Peace jafar.
I never knew there are experts  diagnosing addiction to abstract things? Like thoughts, religions, books. affiliations,...etc.
Who on earth is qualified for this?
Only GOD is able to do this, it is not our business.

Or can one say you are addicted to the philosophy you follow ,can they?
One can only say, reading your posts, that you do not like the idea of folks taking Qoran seriously.

Actually you go as far as  claim it is human made, One can only say you have not evidenced it or can one claim you are addicted to saying it?
Brother, I do not mind, say what you choose to, you are entitled to do so.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]