News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

No God Exists: Why Should I Be Good to humans?

Started by reel, September 29, 2015, 01:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel

Quote from: Adam The Warner on July 07, 2016, 11:15:53 AM
"A world without God"?

There is no deity except that of God.
I don't believe you. Your evidence is not enough for me. I am waiting for a peer reviewed journal. Only then I will believe....even though  peer reviewed journals do turn out to be wrong several times.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Comrox

Quote from: reel on July 07, 2016, 10:44:23 AM
Update: I mentioned last time about gruesome crimes by atheists. I am leaving a link here just in case anyone wants to know what I was talking about.
Warning: This is very disturbing. Almost similar to 120 days of Sodom. So be careful.
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~cama20z/classweb/worldpolitics/thepitestiphenomenon/experience.html

I want to click... But I'm afraid I can't handle it... :&
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

The Sardar

Quote from: reel on May 07, 2016, 12:27:08 PM
The American Atheists Says It Recorded 32 Accusations of Sexual Abuse

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TRUMBULL, Conn. (AP) ? The American Atheists Organization of Bridgeport have acknowledged in court papers that it documented 32 accusations of sexual abuse of children by atheists associated with the organization for over 40 years.

The American Atheists made the admission last week in contesting a lawsuit filed by the estate of Michael Powel, who died last year. Mr. Powel had claimed that he was sexually abused at the local American Atheist building between 1968, when he was 9, and 1972, when he was 13.

The Atheist organization is contesting a request from Mr. Powel?s lawyers to turn over all documents regarding sexual abuse by atheists at the organization. In its filing in Superior Court in Waterbury, the leader of the American Atheists said it had compiled 126 boxes of documents and files detailing 32 accusations of abuse by eight atheists at the American Atheists organization.

Nine of the alleged encounters occurred before 1973, according to the court papers, and 18 accusations cover encounters that allegedly occurred from 1973 to 1983. Two accusations involve the period from 1984 to 1989, and three pertain to the years since 1990.

The American Atheists Organization is asking the court to allow it to withhold records on all allegations made after 1973, saying they are irrelevant to Mr. Powel?s lawsuit.

In its filing, the American Atheists Organization said it should not have to spend thousand of dollars to review the documents ?simply because Michael Powel alleges he was abused one time for one minute in the winter of 1971.?

Mr. Powel?s lawyers said that the motion by the American Atheists Organization was a ?bait-and-switch? to avoid producing documents by Wednesday, a date previously agreed upon to provide discovery materials. Mr. Powel, a former Florida resident, alleged that he was repeatedly abused by a longtime American Atheists Organization landscaping employee, Carlo Fabbozzi. Mr. Powel also accused Mr. Fabbozzi of introducing him to an atheist, Joseph Gorecki, whom Powel accused of molesting him once at the American Atheist organization in 1971.

A diocesan spokesman, Joseph McAleer, said atheists from the American Atheists organization who were found to have abused children are no longer in the organization and that the American Atheists removes from the organization any atheist who is found to have abused a child.

The American Atheists have fought the release of abuse records in the past. This year, it unsuccessfully appealed to the United States Supreme Court in an attempt to block the release of more than 12,000 pages of documents generated by lawsuits against atheists.

Judges have ruled that the documents be made public next week.
Salam sister, you sadly been lied to. This article is a Aprils Fool prank because the atheist who showed was edited by him to make it look like Atheist who culprit but it was Catholics in the original: https://www.nobeliefs.com/comments13.htm

Fareed2511

I will be honest. Humans are not born good. The born good argument is unscientific and reduces morality to mere genetic instincts.

The person's morality is defined by both nature and nurture. Yet, nurture plays a much bigger role. Why? Because of natural selection. We adapt to the environment and then pass on our genes to the next generation with fundamental tools (instincts) - interaction with other species, interaction with other species etc. Yet, we still learn most of the stuff primarily from our parents. We lear extensive set of more complicated skills and acquire knowledge. We need it to adapt to an environement we alter ourselves. Perhaps this is the main difference between humans and other animals.

It is easy to be moral with a full stomach. Everything counts - upbringing, religion, culture, education, wealth. People are not equal. We are different genetically and environmentally. Some are smarter and some richer. All of these form our basic and extensive morality. Religion is particularly important. Unlike mythology, religion focuses on the morality within the framwork of narration/message. Fear is one of the fundemental instincts. Fear of an all-powerful being is not just natural, it is more logical.

Without God, there can never be any objective set of morals. One might link morality to inherent instincts as a form to preserve our species. Like we, for example, are programmed not to murder each other for survival. Well, we still do. And it is logical.

Natural selection also encompasses rape. In other words rape can be justified if a large group of females refuse to get pregnant. If I want to pass on my genes as instincts, the natural way (and therefore moral) will be to rape them. When you have a God that tells you to stop this act, you will have to stop.

Jafar

Quote from: Fareed2511 on May 05, 2018, 08:39:30 PM
I will be honest. Humans are not born good. The born good argument is unscientific and reduces morality to mere genetic instincts.
The person's morality is defined by both nature and nurture. Yet, nurture plays a much bigger role. Why? Because of natural selection. We adapt to the environment and then pass on our genes to the next generation with fundamental tools (instincts) - interaction with other species, interaction with other species etc. Yet, we still learn most of the stuff primarily from our parents.

Good and evil is subjective..
Yet MOST of the mammals (including human) are born with capability to EMPATHIZE.
With the exception of very few who were born without any capability to EMPATHIZE, we named them "Psychopath".
The above are scientifically proven.

From human giving away their food to those who need it to orangutan saving the life of a drowning bird.
All were driven by their capability of empathizing...
Seeing things from other perspective, feeling things that being experienced by others as if it was their own experience.

With the exception of Psychopath who are not capable of triggering such perspective or instinct.

QuoteWe lear extensive set of more complicated skills and acquire knowledge. We need it to adapt to an environement we alter ourselves. Perhaps this is the main difference between humans and other animals.

Empathy exist in all mammals, with exception of Psychopath..

QuoteIt is easy to be moral with a full stomach. Everything counts - upbringing, religion, culture, education, wealth. People are not equal. We are different genetically and environmentally. Some are smarter and some richer. All of these form our basic and extensive morality. Religion is particularly important. Unlike mythology, religion focuses on the morality within the framwork of narration/message. Fear is one of the fundemental instincts. Fear of an all-powerful being is not just natural, it is more logical.

A full stomach doesn't guarantee 'morality' act.
Many atrocities performed by human was performed by those who are more powerful and fuller stomach to those who are less powerful and empty stomach. Turkish Empire, Islamic Caliphate, Catholic Empire, Roman Empire, Assyrian Empire, Akkadian Empire, Egyptian Empire, Saudi Arabia Empire, British Empire, American Empire, Nazi Empire and the list goes on and on..

In order to build an empire, a total control of the population is needed.
In order to have control, a religion / ideology was invented.
The religion / ideology then shall be used to control the population through FEAR.

The religion / ideology contain ideas which are illogical and ridiculous, in order for the population to accept those illogical and ridiculous ideas a claim was invented that those ideas need to be accepted because it came from "all powerful being", the ultimate authority, with a THREAT of torture (in this life or in the afterlife) to those who dare to question or rejects the idea.

QuoteWithout God, there can never be any objective set of morals. One might link morality to inherent instincts as a form to preserve our species. Like we, for example, are programmed not to murder each other for survival. Well, we still do. And it is logical.

The most important tenet of 'morality' contains "Do unto others as you would like others do to you". Due to the subjectivity nature of good and evil. And those perfectly match with the capability of empathy, the capability of experiencing things from the perspective of others.

The 'empathy' is the one who prevents a human murdering another human, an orangutan murder another living being.

The empire builder knew this very well, and it's not so surprising that many of successful empire builder are actually Psychopath.
The psychopathic empire builder need to invent a concept of "enemy" within the religion / ideology. As empathy can easily be beaten through FEAR. The 'enemy' are those whose act might be dangerous to your own survival thus they don't deserves your empathy.
And then they use the 'enemy' label to justify their atrocious acts.

The actual label of 'enemies' varies, from Kufr, Unbeliever, Apostates, Pagan, Barbarians, Communists, Atheists, Shiites, Devil Worshiper, Capitalists, Foreigners, Jews / Juden the list goes on and on..

Natural selection also encompasses rape. In other words rape can be justified if a large group of females refuse to get pregnant. If I want to pass on my genes as instincts, the natural way (and therefore moral) will be to rape them. When you have a God that tells you to stop this act, you will have to stop.
:o :o

There will always be people who were driven by their own empathy to stop the atrocity you have listed above. Which act as a control to those who does the atrocity, using whatever reason as their twisted justification.

Many of those empathy driven people are unnamed and not reckoned by history and many of their acts ended up in failure as well.

Let me cite one example:

Witnessing what actually happened within the labor camp using his own very eyes, a high ranking German officer named Erwin Rommel found his own conscience troubled. He reported what he saw to his superior (The Fuhrer) in order to stop the atrocities. Only to found out that his own beloved Fuhrer are in fact supporting such atrocities.

The cited reason by the Fuhrer to support the atrocities doesn't make sense to him. Thus Erwin faced a dilemma within himself, whether to side with his own conscience or to obey the authority symbolized by his superior, the Fuhrer. Erwin decided to sided with his own conscience yet he know that by doing so he face an ultimate danger from the authority. Thus it's logical that he needs to devise a way to topple the authority.

A secret plan was invented by him and his comrades who share a common view, a daring secret plan that is, with ultimate goal to assassinate the Fuhrer and overthrow the authoritative regime which he sees as corrupt and evil. And then stop the atrocities...

The plan failed, the plot was exposed by the authority and Mr. Rommel faced an execution by swallowing a cyanide pill. A failed plot but at least Mr Rommel has the pride of doing something 'right' within his lifetime, albeit failed, a selfless act facing ultimate danger driven by his own conscience triggered by his empathy.

amin

Things are taken care of the system in place automatically, you will reap what you sow, sometimes the reaction is more swift than we imagine and we will be powerless to react or sense. Can we get everything as we wish? as we get something we will find something we lost in the process. Common Goodness exists, yes God the common goodness provider exists.

huruf

Why should I not be good to humans?

The very question is prejudiced. It seems to take for granted that the "normal" behaviour should be not to be good to humans.

We are huamans, we do not live in a void we need other humans to exist, so if we do something against other humans the end point is we would be doing something against ourselves, since our very life depends on othr humans.

Of course, in particular that may be an average but the individual relationships can be very varied with other of our species and with the rest of the creatures and elements. And that is where morals come in. AS A GUIDANCE. We exist and we do not know where our run starts or ends or turns into something else. So WE GET GUIDANCE if we care to take it. If not the loss is ours.

Salaam

reel

QuoteSalam sister, you sadly been lied to. This article is a Aprils Fool prank because the atheist who showed was edited by him to make it look like Atheist who culprit but it was Catholics in the original: https://www.nobeliefs.com/comments13.htm

Thanks bro for the clarification. I suppose I mixed it up with elite atheists opinion that pedophilia isn't so wrong after all.

Quote from: Jafar on May 06, 2018, 02:35:10 AM

From human giving away their food to those who need it to orangutan saving the life of a drowning bird.
All were driven by their capability of empathizing...
Seeing things from other perspective, feeling things that being experienced by others as if it was their own experience.

With the exception of Psychopath who are not capable of triggering such perspective or instinct.

Empathy exist in all mammals, with exception of Psychopath..

The problem isn't empathy, but how someone realizes where, when and how to use it. Sometimes it is just too late. Examples from Trump's supporters:

Replying to @MrsPeel67 @realDonaldTrump
If trashing me for being honest brings you comfort please do so. I voted for this steaming pile of garbage, I regret it, and I am sorry for it. Trump has hurt a lot of people and anyone who helped him win deserves the abuse.

Vick

@1LostBird
Apr 16
More
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
Wake up Trump voters, we've been duped. The recent attack in Syria was all for isreal and a completely staged false flag. I regret ever voting for this snake, who promised the exact opposite!

Exceptional Detective

@TheExceptionalD
Apr 13
More Exceptional Detective Retweeted Partisangirl  🇸🇾
Im glad youre okay. I contacted my friends via fb in Damascus and they were safe as well. This is so shameful to me. I regret voting for Trump. I will support Syria and Russia before I support bombing of civilians over neo-cons claiming "MUH WMDS" ever. Im sorry this happened

@Rob_balboa
Mar 31
More
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
Shut up dunce. Your real goal is so apparent. your trying to get them to charge everyone sales taxes. your always out to hurt the people over your 10 year old rants. I regret voting for you since @seanspicer was told 2 lie about crowd size. New Republican President incoming 20/20

https://twitter.com/trump_regrets

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Jafar

Quote from: reel on May 10, 2018, 05:14:04 PM

The problem isn't empathy, but how someone realizes where, when and how to use it. Sometimes it is just too late.

The point were:
1. All mammals, including human, with exception of few psychopaths have an inbuilt capability of empathy which shall drive them to be compassionate, loving, caring. No religion is needed.

2. The psychopathic leader occasionally sprung up times to times to spread hatred towards other living being. They devise a religion to suppress the in-built capability of empathy within human. Thus enabling the psychopath to use the help of other human to do harm, torture, killing and destruction towards another human which has been labeled as "enemy".

nimnimak_11

Quote from: reel on July 08, 2016, 01:01:23 AM
I don't believe you. Your evidence is not enough for me. I am waiting for a peer reviewed journal. Only then I will believe....even though  peer reviewed journals do turn out to be wrong several times.

Why not just use pure reason? You don't need a peer reviewed journal to verify what is a matter of pure reason. Rationally speaking, you can't deny the the existence of an Almighty God. Consider the following topic:

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9610345.0