News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Is Qur'an Alone the Last Step Before Leaving Islam Completely?

Started by Osman, October 10, 2015, 06:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osman

Peace all,

You've read the title, we all know that the Qur'an Alone movement is full of people who are at times very confused (myself included!), we need to be honest about these things and face the fact that there is so much dischord and confusion - perhaps the problem is in a misguided belief that by throwing away the Hadith we will all be headed on the same path in the same direction and at the same point in the road and hence be some enlightened group, but I doubt I am alone in my perceptions. I know many people who used to frequent this forum are now probably no longer Muslims by their own considerations, what keeps those others here and what makes you confident and comfortable in your Qur'an alone ways?

I start this thread in order to begin a thought provoking exercise, there have been 3 people frequenting the forums recently who are clearly non-Muslims/Submitters and they are welcome to participate in this discussion as it should prove to be quite an interesting debate between themselves and the more staunch and resolute Submitters?/Muslims?/People who believe the Qur'an to be divine and unchanged? members.

BornAgain

Salaam,

Personally, it is the step to leave organised religion completely. I believe in monotheism, and in the divinity of the Qur'aan. "Labelling" does not matter and I recognise that some Christians, Jews, Yogis, etc, can also be "Muslims" if they believe in one God and strive to do righteous deeds.

I have less focus on practicing rituals, and more on doing humanitarian works (I still practice rituals that do not contradict Qur'aanic teachings, and have wisdom behind it).

I will not call myself "staunch" and "resolute", because I acknowledge that my perception of the world and spirituality will keep evolving as I grow older. But I can say that I feel at peace and fulfilled by following the Qur'aanic teachings.
?For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.?

?When you judge another you do not define them, you define yourself.?

?Time may heal physical pain but only love can heal emotional pain.?

?My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.?

Neptin

Peace!

There is no last step before leaving Islam. There are enough Orthodox Sunnis and Shiis leaving Islam now and then.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

Jafar

Quran alone is just yet another version of Islam religion.

The last step before becoming "unreligious" or "multi religious" (having or identifying oneself to more than one religion) happened once one embrace the full confidence in himself, his own thinking and apply critical thinking towards his own religion, his own thinking and his own belief.

truthseeker11

Peace Osman,

"Islam" (capital I, proper name religion) is nowhere to be found in al-quran, and is the name of a fabricated pagan religion. Al-quran talks about "islam"/peacemaking (small i, common noun, adjective). Abraham was a "muslim"/peacemaker (small m, common noun, adjective) and not a proper name "Muslim" (capital M, proper noun) follower of a proper name religion "Islam". Those proper name words never even existed in his language.

"Quran alone" is yet another fabrication that is nowhere to be found in al-quran. Al-quran itself doesn't promote "Quran alone"! It talks about "ALLAH ALONE" multiple times, and NEVER "Quran alone". Were Abraham, Noah, Moses and Jesus "Quran alone"?

What do 2:62 and 5:69 say? Are they talking about being Quran alone?

2:62 Surely those who believe; and those who are Jewish, and the Nazarenes, and the Sabians, whoever of them believes in ALLAH and the last day and does good works; they will have their recompense with their lord, and there is no fear upon them, nor will they grieve.

So yes, the sequence would be going from the fabricated hadith based pagan religion by the proper name of "Islam", to a fabrication by the name of "Quran alone", to the truth of "islam"/peacemaking and "ALLAH ALONE". So in this sense, I agree with the topic of this thread which mentions the proper name fabricated pagan religion "Islam".

It is ESSENTIAL for one's spiritual health to leave the fabricated pagan religion of "Islam" completely ASAP and enter "islam"/peacemaking, and be ALLAH ALONE.

7:70 They said: "Have you come to us to serve ALLAH ALONE and abandon what our fathers had served? Bring us what you promise if you are of the truthful ones!"

17:46 And we place shields over their hearts, that they should not understand it, and a deafness in their ears. And if you mention your LORD ALONE in the qur'an, they run away turning their backs in aversion.

39:45 And when ALLAH ALONE is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned besides him, they rejoice!

40:12 This is because when ALLAH ALONE was mentioned, you rejected, but when partners were set up with him, you believed. Therefore, the judgment is for allah, the most high, the great.

40:84 So when they saw our might, they said: "We believe in ALLAH ALONE, and we reject all the partners we used to set up!"

60:4 There has been a good example set for you by Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: "We are innocent from you and what you serve besides allah. We have rejected you, and it appears that there shall be animosity and hatred between us and you until you believe in ALLAH ALONE." ..................

It has not ceased to amaze me that despite al-quran never promoting "Quran alone", and despite al-quran advising ALLAH ALONE multiple times, majority of the forum members over so many years continue to consider themselves "Quran alone" rather than ALLAH ALONE, in complete violation and rejection of al-quran's message!

Peace
6:116 And if you obey the majority of those on Earth they will lead you away from God?s path; that is because they follow conjecture, and that is because they only guess.

10:36 Most of them only follow conjecture. While conjecture does not avail against the truth in anything. God is aware of what they do.

2:170 And if they are told: ?Follow what God has sent down,? they say: ?No, we will follow what we found our fathers doing!? What if their fathers did not understand anything and were not guided?

28:75 And We will extract from every nation a witness, then We will say: ?Bring forth your proof.? They will then realize that all truth belongs with God, and what they had invented will abandon them.

Osman

Quote from: BornAgain on October 10, 2015, 09:58:17 PM
Salaam,

Personally, it is the step to leave organised religion completely. I believe in monotheism, and in the divinity of the Qur'aan. "Labelling" does not matter and I recognise that some Christians, Jews, Yogis, etc, can also be "Muslims" if they believe in one God and strive to do righteous deeds.

I have less focus on practicing rituals, and more on doing humanitarian works (I still practice rituals that do not contradict Qur'aanic teachings, and have wisdom behind it).

I will not call myself "staunch" and "resolute", because I acknowledge that my perception of the world and spirituality will keep evolving as I grow older. But I can say that I feel at peace and fulfilled by following the Qur'aanic teachings.

Wow Bornagain - a really good post!

Osman

Quote from: Jafar on October 11, 2015, 12:56:06 AM
Quran alone is just yet another version of Islam religion.

The last step before becoming "unreligious" or "multi religious" (having or identifying oneself to more than one religion) happened once one embrace the full confidence in himself, his own thinking and apply critical thinking towards his own religion, his own thinking and his own belief.

So is being 'multi-religious' how you would describe yourself Jafar?

Layth

Salam,

There are no "steps" to leaving God's system - most of us fall in and out of it for the most part of our lives. We only pray, as the prophets before us did, that we "die as submitters".

As for the arguments and bickering that you may see here...It is human nature to argue even when the knowledge has been attained...

3:19    The system with God is submission, and those who received the Book did not dispute except after the knowledge came to them out of jealousy between them. And whoever rejects the revelations of God, then God is swift in judgment.

What I have come to learn is that the path to God alone is never easy. You lose friends, become isolated, get shunned by family, are ridiculed for going against the majority, etc.. Add to this cocktail the tests that God will send upon you to test your conviction - and that is when people leave or break or simply revert back to their old ways.

29:2   Did the people think that they will be left to say: "We believe" without being put to the test?
29:3   We had tested those before them, so that God would distinguish those who are truthful and so that He would know the liars.

May we all have the strength and good fortune to die as submitters...
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Osman

Quote from: truthseeker11 on October 11, 2015, 01:16:17 AM
It has not ceased to amaze me that despite al-quran never promoting "Quran alone", and despite al-quran advising ALLAH ALONE multiple times, majority of the forum members over so many years continue to consider themselves "Quran alone" rather than ALLAH ALONE, in complete violation and rejection of al-quran's message!

A very good point truthseeker11, perhaps it is best to just refer to Allah Alone/God Alone rather than to Qur'an alone - we see it in the names of so many websites.

Timotheus

i would say rather its the first step of entering islam, although i do agree with you that their are many differing views and opinions, much misguided people, The truth is self evident. The differences dont matter to much, All monotheists who believe in God and the Last day, and Live a righteous life have a chance at redemption, God tells us He will tell us the truth of all that we disputed about.

God created the test, many people may come to a point where they either give up completely or turn to some other religion. Many other people may get stuck at some point following someone elses opinion or blindly following them and refusing to yeild. But a few people will always continue to believe and practise Islam, i truely believe God designed the test to stimulate us and prove who is realy truely devoted.
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen