News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Who is Luqman?

Started by KDC501, January 04, 2024, 03:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDC501

Good Day,

Been doing some research on this person mentioned in the Holy Quran named Luqman from Sura 31. I've read on various theories that he was an African slave sold into another country or a person who was close to King David. I find it very strange that God would mention someone in the Quran without a clear indication of who he was. There is no mention of this person in the Bible either. Has anyone done any research on this person?

Peace,

Kevin

tutti_frutti

salam,

who luqman was exactly and where he lived, i do not think it is the point or that we are meant to know

the point is luqman was someone whom The God gave knowledge to as we are told, and then luqman proceeds to tell his son words of widson which are a lesson to us

a man given knowledge, and part of the knowledge is told to us in the following verses as a lesson for us

that's my understanding, could be wrong of course

peace

KDC501

Quote from: tutti_frutti on January 05, 2024, 10:48:24 AM
salam,

who luqman was exactly and where he lived, i do not think it is the point or that we are meant to know

the point is luqman was someone whom The God gave knowledge to as we are told, and then luqman proceeds to tell his son words of widson which are a lesson to us

a man given knowledge, and part of the knowledge is told to us in the following verses as a lesson for us

that's my understanding, could be wrong of course

peace

Peace,
I already know all this. My question is, it's very strange to have a entire chapter named after someone where no one can clearly identify who this person was. Also this chapter is an initialed chapter. Initialed chapters have a special meaning and they're usually assigned to promote emphasis on various topics or miraculous stories or text such as Sura 19 which is the text about Mary and Jesus' miraculous birth has the most initialed letters (KHYAS). Luqmaan is not a known or defined person. There is something very odd about this chapter to me. Anyways, thank you for your input.

Peace,

Kevin