News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Jesus was not a Prophet of Allah

Started by Euphoric, November 30, 2022, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almarh0m

peace

In ancient Egypt, Ra (the Sun) was born of a virgin mother, Net; Horus was the son of the virgin Isis. The Phrygo-Roman god, Attis, was born of a virgin, Nana, on December 25. That's just some of the names, If you wish to find more there are hundreds more alleged "Virgin Births".

The Names of the Prophets/Messengers of Allah mentioned in The Qurán are the real names of those chosen people to deliver Allah's Message. Do you think Allah translated proper names to their Arabic meanings?

The Bible [ The Old Testament and The New Testaments ] is not = Tawrat & Injil. If they were, their messages would be consistent with The Qurán as the Essence of Allah's message has never changed. Besides, The Qurán only confirms the the original previous scriptures and not their interpretations and translations by the priests.
There are so many many verses in the Qurán that says no one can change the words of Allah and The Qur'an is The Only Criterion to distinguish Real from Fake or Right from Wrong. The Truth [ The Reality ] is From God, so regardless of who conveys the truth, it is from God, AQ 2/147.

if you really want to know the origin all religions, just google Astro-Theology . Btw, I believe that The Sun is The Light of This World , it is God's Sun not the Son of God. The Myth of Virgin Birth has been prevalent throughout the world and most of them predated Jesus by several thousand years, eg. Krishna in India and Horus in ancient Egypt among others.

I am a Muslim without religion but I am committed to following the teaching of the Qurán without doing any ritual prayers and the like.

Cheers
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

good logic

Peace almarh0m

Islam to GOD is the religion with GOD. There are no other religions, all man made religions are deviations and fabrications to try to hijack GOD s authority and power in His name Men call their religions/sects GOD s religion.

As far as Jesus, Moses , Mohammed...etc They were a people that passed away before us, they have what they worked for and we will have what we work for.

GOD s religion is to be good, do good and respect all our brothers and sisters the peaceful humans. Love GOD and love His creations.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Euphoric

It's important to keep in mind that the so-called translations of the Quran are interpretations of the translator and not an accurate representative of the Quran itself.

First, there is no virgin birth in the Quran. It is a asserted interpretation that contradicts the Quran itself. The Quran is quite explicit in requiring a male and female for reproduction.

Second, "Jesus" is an interpretation of a Quranic messenger, and not his actual real name. It's best to stick with the Quranic names.

Quote from: XavierSlaveofGod on December 07, 2022, 02:31:42 PM
Respectfully disagree. The Quran says Jesus Christ whom it speaks of was the Son of the Virgin Mary. There is only One Jesus Christ in the whole of history Who was born of a Pure Virgin named Mother Mary. Hence, it is clear imo the Quran speaks of Jesus.

Also, whom else is 4:157 referring to if not Christ? "And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of Allāh." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them."

Just like no other Jesus Christ in history was born of the Virgin Mary, so also no other Jesus Christ was crucified on a Cross.

God Bless.

XavierSlaveofGod

Friend, you have not answered any of my questions. Here they are again:

"1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Isa the Arabic form of Jesus just as Miriam is the Arabic form of Mary?
2. Was any other Jesus Christ in history claimed to be born of a Virgin? Can you cite a historical reference?
3. Was any other Jesus Christ in history said to be crucified, especially crucified by the Jews as 4:157 says?
4. Was any other Jesus Christ in history given the Injeel, which is translated as Gospel or Good News in English?
5. Did any other Jesus Christ in history work miracles like healing the sick, curing the blind, raising the dead etc?"

That supposedly others were claimed to be a born of a virgin is not the issue. Show me an ISA or JESUS CHRIST who was claimed to be born of a Virgin. Do you believe the Quran? The Quran says Jesus Christ was born of a Virgin. Zakir Naik always says this.

"Quran 3:47 also supports the virginity of Mary, revealing that "no man has touched [her]". Quran 66:12 states that Jesus was born when the spirit of God breathed upon Mary, whose body was chaste. The Quran's narrative of the virgin birth is somewhat different from that in the New Testament." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_in_Islam
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

XavierSlaveofGod

In 10:94, the Quran says: "So, (O prophet,) even if you are in doubt about what We have sent down to you, ask those who read the Book (revealed) before you. Surely, truth has come to you from your Lord, so never be among those who are suspicious."

This means that those who had read the Book were alive in Mohammed's time, which means the Book was preserved until then. Btw, the word Bible comes from "Biblia" which literally means "the Book". So again, "the Book" is a reference to the Holy Bible.

Reference: "The Bible takes its name from the Latin Biblia ('book' or 'books') which comes from the Greek Ta Biblia ('the books') traced to the Phoenician port city of Gebal, known as Byblos to the Greeks" https://www.worldhistory.org/bible/
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

XavierSlaveofGod

Sura 4:157 says this: "And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of Allāh."

Was there more than one Jesus Christ, the Son of Mary, the Messiah, whom the Jews crucified or killed? No. There was only one.

Therefore, the Jesus, the Son of Mary of whom the Quran speaks is none other than the historical Person Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

The Quran is a Book written 500 years or more after the events it claims to describe. The Bible (NT) comes from Christ's Apostles/Disciples.

God Bless.

Euphoric

Hey buddy, how are you? Sure, I'll give them quick response to what wasn't already answered.

1. Isa is not the Arabic form of Jesus. This was a lie asserted by traditionalists. This lie has been corrupting Quran  interpretations for centuries.

This renders the rest of the questions as pre assumptions.

3. 4:157 does not speak of a crucifixion. The word 'salaba' originally means lineage.

4. Injeel was given to Isa, not Jesus. Isa never claimed to be the son of God like Jesus did. Jesus wasn't a man of God.

5. Again, it's an traditionalist propaganda.

Quote from: XavierSlaveofGod on December 13, 2022, 03:14:09 PM
, you have not answered any of my questions. Here they are again:

"1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Isa the Arabic form of Jesus just as Miriam is the Arabic form of Mary?
2. Was any other Jesus Christ in history claimed to be born of a Virgin? Can you cite a historical reference?
3. Was any other Jesus Christ in history said to be crucified, especially crucified by the Jews as 4:157 says?
4. Was any other Jesus Christ in history given the Injeel, which is translated as Gospel or Good News in English?
5. Did any other Jesus Christ in history work miracles like healing the sick, curing the blind, raising the dead etc?"

That supposedly others were claimed to be a born of a virgin is not the issue. Show me an ISA or JESUS CHRIST who was claimed to be born of a Virgin. Do you believe the Quran? The Quran says Jesus Christ was born of a Virgin. Zakir Naik always says this.

"Quran 3:47 also supports the virginity of Mary, revealing that "no man has touched [her]". Quran 66:12 states that Jesus was born when the spirit of God breathed upon Mary, whose body was chaste. The Quran's narrative of the virgin birth is somewhat different from that in the New Testament." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_in_Islam

XavierSlaveofGod

Hello buddy. I am good. Hope you are too.

Please see this from Wikipedia: "In Islam, Jesus (Arabic: عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ, romanized: ʿĪsā ibn Maryam, lit. 'Isa, son of Maryam') is believed to be the penultimate prophet and messenger of God and the Messiah. He is also considered to be the prophet sent to guide the Children of Israel (Banī Isra'īl), being revealed the third holy book called the Injīl.

In the Quran, Jesus is described as the Messiah (al-Masīḥ), born of a virgin, performing miracles, accompanied by disciples, rejected by the Jewish establishment, and being raised to heaven. The Quran asserts that Jesus wasn't crucified nor died on the cross, but was miraculously saved by God. The Quran places Jesus amongst the greatest prophets, and mentions him with various titles. The prophethood of Jesus is preceded by that of Yahya and succeeded by Muhammad, the latter of whom Jesus is reported to have prophesied by using the name Ahmad.

The Quran rejects the Christian view of the divinity of Jesus as God incarnate, or the literal Son of God. It denies Jesus as a deity in several verses, and also mentions that Jesus did not claim to be divine. Muslims believe that Jesus' original message was altered (taḥrīf), after him being raised alive. The monotheism (tawḥīd) of Jesus is emphasized in the Quran. Like all prophets in Islam, Jesus is also called a Muslim, as he preached that his followers should adopt the 'straight path' (Ṣirāṭ al-Mustaqīm). Jesus is attributed with a vast amount of miracles in Islamic tradition."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

Btw, "Yahya" in the Quran is another reference to John the Baptist in the Bible. And here is info on Simon Peter, Christ's Apostle.

Edit: Next Post.

XavierSlaveofGod

"In Islam, Simon Peter (Arabic: شَمْعُون ٱلصَّفَا, Šamʿūn aṣ-Ṣafā), known in Arabic as Shamoun as-Safa or Shamoun ibn Hammoun (شَمْعُون ٱبْن حَمُّون, Šamʿūn ibn Ḥammūn), was one of the original disciples of Jesus according to Muslim tradition and exegesis.[1] Although Jesus's disciples have not played a major role in Islamic theology, they are notable in that they are the only group of disciples specifically identified in the Quran.[2] Peter's figure is important as he is generally regarded as the successor of Jesus who led the faithful after the crucifixion,[3][4] and therefore is similar to the Christian (specifically Roman Catholic) view of Peter as the 'Prince of the Apostles'.

The Qur'an is clear that the disciples of Jesus were steadfast believers in Allah. The Qur'an records that when Jesus began to feel the rejection of the Israelites, he asked the people as to who among them will be his supporters in preaching the Gospel. It was then that the disciples stood up and asked Jesus to bear witness that they had submitted to God and further promised to stay by Jesus during his whole life.[5] The Qur'an further records that God inspired the disciples to believe in His message and messenger. It further recounts a feast from Heaven, which was a sign for the disciples of Jesus.[6] Although the Qur'an does not name nor number the disciples, Qur'anic exegesis names the disciples, with Peter usually listed at the head of all lists, corresponding with his role as head of the disciples.[7]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_in_Islam

Euphoric

I'm aware of all this. A lot of it untrue, like the claim of al-Masih means Messiah.

Also, the Quran never calls Mariam a virgin, and it quotes people calling her a sister of Harun. These are important points.

The word being translated as crucifixion actually means lineage. So, a lot of discrepancies in the Quran translations which makes them unreliable.

But I'm more focused on the differences and what Jesus is being verbally quoted as saying. It would be easy to ignore if others are saying things about him, but the Gospels are quoting Jesus himself.

Why ignore what Jesus said? Why take some verses and not accept the others? There's double standards here.

Injeel was a single object, and not multiple books and biographies. That alone disqualifies the Gospels are injeel.