News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Jesus was not a Prophet of Allah

Started by Euphoric, November 30, 2022, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euphoric

A quick overview.

I will only use what Jesus has been quoted as saying by the authors of the Gospels. Then, I'll compare his sayings to the Quran.

I chose two issues:

1) Jesus claimed God has children.
2) Jesus claimed himself to be divine.

Both of these provide evidence that 1) Jesus was not a monotheist, and 2) he did no believe in God's absolute oneness. It is a nicer way of saying Jesus was a polytheist, and not a believer.

Euphoric

Jesus claimed God has Children

In Matthew 5:9, Jesus said:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."

In Luke 20:36, Jesus said:
"and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection."

The Quran

5:18
وَ قَالَتِ الۡیَہُوۡدُ  وَ النَّصٰرٰی  نَحۡنُ اَبۡنٰٓؤُا اللّٰہِ وَ اَحِبَّآؤُہٗ ؕ قُلۡ فَلِمَ یُعَذِّبُکُمۡ  بِذُنُوۡبِکُمۡ ؕ بَلۡ  اَنۡتُمۡ  بَشَرٌ مِّمَّنۡ خَلَقَ ؕ یَغۡفِرُ لِمَنۡ یَّشَآءُ وَ یُعَذِّبُ مَنۡ یَّشَآءُ ؕ وَ لِلّٰہِ مُلۡکُ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ وَ مَا بَیۡنَہُمَا ۫ وَ اِلَیۡہِ الۡمَصِیۡرُ

And the Yahud and the Nasara say: We are the children of Allah and His beloved ones. Say: Why does He then chastise you for your faults? Nay, you are mortals from among those whom He has created, He forgives whom He pleases and chastises whom He pleases; and Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, and to Him is the eventual coming.

6:100
وَ جَعَلُوۡا لِلّٰہِ شُرَکَآءَ الۡجِنَّ وَ خَلَقَہُمۡ وَ خَرَقُوۡا لَہٗ  بَنِیۡنَ وَ بَنٰتٍۭ بِغَیۡرِ عِلۡمٍ ؕ سُبۡحٰنَہٗ وَ تَعٰلٰی عَمَّا یَصِفُوۡنَ

And they make the jinn partners with Allah, while He created them, and they falsely attribute to Him sons and daughters without knowledge; glory be to Him, and highly exalted is He above what they ascribe

18:4-5
وَّ یُنۡذِرَ الَّذِیۡنَ قَالُوا اتَّخَذَ اللّٰہُ وَلَدًا ٭

And warn those who say: Allah has taken off spring.

مَا لَہُمۡ بِہٖ مِنۡ عِلۡمٍ وَّ لَا لِاٰبَآئِہِمۡ ؕ کَبُرَتۡ کَلِمَۃً  تَخۡرُجُ مِنۡ اَفۡوَاہِہِمۡ ؕ اِنۡ یَّقُوۡلُوۡنَ  اِلَّا کَذِبًا

They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers; a grievous word that comes out of their mouths; they speak nothing but lies.

Fusion

[2:136] Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

[3:45] [And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary – distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ].

[5:46] And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous.

--------------Corruption in the books by jews
5:13
But for breaking their covenant We condemned them and hardened their hearts. They distorted the words of the Scripture and neglected a portion of what they had been commanded to uphold. You ˹O Prophet˺ will always find deceit on their part, except for a few. But pardon them and bear with them. Indeed, Allah loves the good-doers.

2:75
Do you ˹believers still˺ expect them to be true to you, though a group of them would hear the word of Allah then knowingly corrupt it after understanding it?

(2:79) Woe, then, to those who write out the Scriptures with their own hands and then, in order to make a trifling gain, claim: This is from Allah.Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they thus earn.

4:46
Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages and say, "We hear and disobey" and "Hear but be not heard" and "Ra'ina," twisting their tongues and defaming the religion. And if they had said [instead], "We hear and obey" and "Wait for us [to understand]," it would have been better for them and more suitable. But Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few.

Best Regards,

Euphoric

Jesus claimed himself to be divine

The Gospel of John is repleted with it. However, I will only list a few.

In Mark 14:61-62
61 But he remained silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?"
62 And Jesus said, "I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

In Matthew 25:31-46
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.
32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

In Matthew 28:18-20
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

In John 8:49-58
49 Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me.
50  Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it, and he is the judge.
51 Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."
52 The Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, 'If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.'
53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?"
54 Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, 'He is our God.'
55 But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad."
57 So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." 59

In John 1:1‭, ‬14
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God...
14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son.

Euphoric

Thank you for the reply, however, what you posted is not from the Quran. They are interpretations of the translator, and not the Quran itself.

My post provides evidence that Jesus was not the same person mentioned in the Quran.

Quote from: Fusion on November 30, 2022, 04:28:26 PM
[2:136] Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

[3:45] [And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary – distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ].

[5:46] And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous.

--------------Corruption in the books by jews
5:13
But for breaking their covenant We condemned them and hardened their hearts. They distorted the words of the Scripture and neglected a portion of what they had been commanded to uphold. You ˹O Prophet˺ will always find deceit on their part, except for a few. But pardon them and bear with them. Indeed, Allah loves the good-doers.

2:75
Do you ˹believers still˺ expect them to be true to you, though a group of them would hear the word of Allah then knowingly corrupt it after understanding it?

(2:79) Woe, then, to those who write out the Scriptures with their own hands and then, in order to make a trifling gain, claim: This is from Allah.Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they thus earn.

4:46
Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages and say, "We hear and disobey" and "Hear but be not heard" and "Ra'ina," twisting their tongues and defaming the religion. And if they had said [instead], "We hear and obey" and "Wait for us [to understand]," it would have been better for them and more suitable. But Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few.

Fusion

Quote from: Euphoric on November 30, 2022, 04:32:52 PM
Thank you for the reply, however, what you posted is not from the Quran. They are interpretations of the translator, and not the Quran itself.

My post provides evidence that Jesus was not the same person mentioned in the Quran.

Very interesting viewpoint that Jesus that you are talking about is not the SAME person mentioned in Quran. Please carry on and I would definitely like to see what other folks say about it.

Cheers

Best Regards,

Euphoric

Yes, there is overwhelming evidence from The Gospels that Jesus was a preacher of polytheism. The person in the Quran did the opposite.

Quote from: Fusion on December 01, 2022, 02:48:18 PM
Very interesting viewpoint that Jesus that you are talking about is not the SAME person mentioned in Quran. Please carry on and I would definitely like to see what other folks say about it.

Cheers

XavierSlaveofGod

Respectfully disagree. The Quran says Jesus Christ whom it speaks of was the Son of the Virgin Mary. There is only One Jesus Christ in the whole of history Who was born of a Pure Virgin named Mother Mary. Hence, it is clear imo the Quran speaks of Jesus.

Also, whom else is 4:157 referring to if not Christ? "And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of Allāh." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them."

Just like no other Jesus Christ in history was born of the Virgin Mary, so also no other Jesus Christ was crucified on a Cross.

God Bless.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

almarh0m

When Allah says Isa ibn Mariam he means just that, he never mention any Jesus in his Scriptures.
If you care to read a bit more, there were hundreds of other Jesus's thousands of years before the present Jesus and they were all born of virgin mothers. Allah means what he says or do people think they are smarter than Allah?

Salam.
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

XavierSlaveofGod

Dear Almarhom,

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Isa the Arabic form of Jesus just as Miriam is the Arabic form of Mary?
2. Was any other Jesus Christ in history claimed to be born of a Virgin? Can you cite a historical reference?
3. Was any other Jesus Christ in history said to be crucified, especially crucified by the Jews as 4:157 says?
4. Was any other Jesus Christ in history given the Injeel, which is translated as Gospel or Good News in English?
5. Did any other Jesus Christ in history work miracles like healing the sick, curing the blind, raising the dead etc?

Salam.
God Bless.x
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).