News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The punishment that came to the unbelievers in the Prophet's time

Started by Emre_1974tr, August 16, 2022, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emre_1974tr

Surah Rad: 7 Those who have disbelieved say: "Why had not a sign been sent down to him from your Lord?" You are only a warner, and for every people there is a leader who shows the right and the good.

Surah Yunus Surah 20 They say: "If only a sign had been sent down to him from his Lord!" Say: "The unseen is the monopoly of Allah. So wait; I am one of those who wait with you."

Those who say that there were no miracles or proofs other than the Qur'an during the time of Prophet Muhammad bring these and similar verses. But what is being described here is the fact that Allah did not show a miracle at that time just because the disbelievers wanted it. This is not unique to Prophet Muhammad, this is the case with all prophets:

Surah Ibrahim Surah 11 Their Messengers said to them: "We are only human beings like you, but Allah favors whom He wills of His servants. It is not for us to bring you any proof without Allah's permission. Let the believers put their trust in Allah alone."

Surat al-Rad: 38 And We sent messengers before you, and We gave them wives and children, and no messenger can bring any miracle except by the permission of Allah. For every period there is a writing.

Surah Believer 78  We sent messengers before you, and We have related to you the life and memory of some of them, and We have not related to you the life and memory of some of them. No messenger can bring any miracle except by the permission of Allah. When Allah's command comes, the truth will be judged, and those who seek to nullify the truth will be losers therein.

Hud

32. They said: "O Noah! You have struggled with us, and you have gone too far in your struggle with us. Bring forth what you threaten us with if you are of the truthful."

33. Noah said: "Only Allah will bring it to you if He wills, and you will not be able to prevent it."

34. Nûh said: "If Allah wishes to mislead you, my advice will avail you nothing, even if I seek to advise you. To Him is your Lord and to Him you will be returned."

When we read the book in its entirety, we see that the prophets who offer various miracles do not always fulfill them. This is not a child's play and our Lord is the one who knows best who needs to see what kind of proofs and when, and who is free to do as He pleases. Most of the time, the messengers give this negative answer to those who ask for a miracle, but then, when the time comes, the evidence and the miracle come by the will of Allah Almighty. This is the case with the last prophet. In other words, what is stated in the verses is not that there will never be any evidence other than the Qur'an, but that this will not happen just because the unbelievers want it at the time.

Indeed, as it is stated in the verses, Allah Almighty helps the Prophet and the believers who follow him in battle with angels. The calamity that had previously come upon Pharaoh's people or other disbelieving communities, this time comes upon the Arab polytheists on the battlefield in a slightly different way.

And again, as the verses explain, when sudden collective punishment comes upon a disbelieving community, the good and the bad are separated from each other:

Surah A'raf: 64 They denied him. So We saved him and those with him in a ship and drowned those who denied Our signs. They were a blind people.

Surah Hud 58 When Our command came, We saved Hud and those who believed with him with mercy from Us, and We saved them from a severe torment.

Surat al-Hud 66 And when Our Command came, We saved Sâlih and those who believed with him by mercy from Us, and We saved them from the disgrace of that day.

Surat al-Hud: 94 And when Our command came, We saved Shu'ayb and those who believed with him by a mercy from Us, and those who wronged were seized by that loud sound, and they fell down in their own homes.

Surah Fussilet 18 We saved those who believed, and they were protected.

As we have said, a different version of this collective punishment came into being during the time of Prophet Muhammad. Again, the invitation was first made to separate the believers from the unbelievers:

Surah Al-Anfal 74 Those who believed and emigrated, and strived in the way of Allah, and those who sheltered and helped them, those are the true believers! For them there is forgiveness and an abundant provision.

Conquest 25 Those are they who disbelieved and turned you back from Masjid al-Haram and prevented the gifts of sacrifice from reaching their destinations. It would have been otherwise had it not been for the believing men and believing women whom you would have trampled upon because you did not know them, and you would have been grieved and reproached for your ignorance. This is so that Allah may admit whom He wills into His mercy. Had they been separated from each other, We would have punished those who disbelieved with a painful torment.

Surah Al-Anfal
32 They also said: "Our God! If this is the truth from You, rain down on us stones from the sky. Or send upon us a terrible torment."

33 But Allah would not torment them while you were in their midst. Nor would Allah torment them while they were asking for forgiveness.

Surah Hijr
6. They cried out: "Hey! He on whom was sent down the dhikr/Qur'an! You are indeed a madman."

7. "Bring us those angels, if you are of the truthful ones!"

8. We do not send down those angels except in truth, in a true way. And then the disbelievers will not be deterred.

Anam 47. Say this also: "Consider, if the torment of Allah were to come upon you suddenly and openly, who would be destroyed but the community of wrongdoers?"

We also get the impression from the following verses that a calamity similar to that which befell the unbelievers of our Prophet's time was about to befall them:

Surah Yunus

102. They are only waiting for a day like the days of those who passed away before them. Say: "Wait! I am one of those who wait with you."

103. So We save Our Messengers and those who believe. That is how it is. We rescue those who believe as an obligation upon Us.

Surah Nahl 33 What are they waiting for? For the angels to come to them or for Allah's command to come? That is exactly what those before them did. Allah did not wrong them. On the contrary, they were wronging themselves.

Surat al-Baqarah 210 Do they wait for Allah and the angels to come to them in the shadows of the clouds and finish the work? All affairs are returned to Allah in the end.

Surat al-An'am 158 What are they waiting for? For the angels to come to them, or for their Lord to come to them, or for some miracles of your Lord to come to them? On the Day when some of the signs of your Lord come, his faith will be of no benefit to him who has not believed before, or who has not done any good in his faith. Say: "Wait! Indeed we are waiting."

That is when the good and the bad were separated, and they were brought face to face, and that which the disbelievers were asking about came to some of them:

Anfal 9. And you were asking your Lord for help and support, and He answered you thus: "Verily, I will bring you help with a thousand of the angels, one after the other."

Anfal 12. And your Lord revealed to the angels: "I am with you. Strengthen those who have faith. I will strike fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve; strike them on the necks, strike them on every finger."

Satan sees the army of angels coming and when he sees them, he immediately flees from the scene:   

8:48 Satan embellished his deeds for them and said: "None of the people can defeat you this day, I am on your side." And when the two armies came face to face, he turned back on his heels and said, "I have nothing to do with you, I see what you do not see, and I fear Allah. Allah's punishment is severe."

8:50. If you had only seen those who disbelieved! When the angels were taking their lives, they were striking their faces and their backs: "Taste the torment of fire."

9:9 O you who believe, remember the Blessing of Allah upon you! Remember when armies came against you, and We sent against them a wind and armies that you did not see. Allah is well aware of what you do.

REPENTANCE Surah

25. By Allah, He has helped you in many places. And on the day of Hunayn. When your multitude made you proud, but it did you no good. The earth became narrow for you, despite its vastness. Then you turned your backs and fled.

26. Then Allah sent down His peace upon His Messenger and upon the believers, and He sent armies which you did not see, and tormented those who disbelieved. This is the punishment of the disbelievers.

This time the calamity comes through angels. Unlike the others, not all the disbelievers are destroyed by Allah. But all those who are in the square suffer humiliation and punishment in one way or another. There are parallels with the agony that befell the followers of Pharaoh who pursued Moses and his people. The good and the bad are separated and when the two sides meet, the good are saved.

(My Turkish article translated with machine)

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2011/07/peygamber-doneminde-inkarclara-gelen.html

Peace
[url="https://twitter.com/Emre_1974tr"]https://twitter.com/Emre_1974tr[/url]

[url="http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/"]http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/[/url]