News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Book Thread

Started by zenje, October 20, 2004, 10:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elke

Salam Marie,

there's one, and it's my daughter - she read and rereads them...while waiting for the next one!
By the way it's her birthday today (who cares...)

Ciao, Elke
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery ; none but ourselves can free our minds"
(Bob Marley, Redemption Song)

marie

Salam Elke

Quote from: "Elke"Salam Marie,

there's one, and it's my daughter - she read and rereads them...while waiting for the next one!

I began reading it since a month, my friend lent me the 5 volumes.

QuoteBy the way it's her birthday today (who cares...)

I think she will enjoy it :)
Happy birthay for your daughter!

hummm!!
And He is the God, there is no god but He.
[url="http://hanif.free.fr/"]http://hanif.free.fr/[/url]

Elke

Thanks for her.

I went du meilleurduchef.com ...thought i'd find a birthday cake :lol:

Elke
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery ; none but ourselves can free our minds"

idolfree1

Peace be upon you Peace,

Sorry, I never say your message until now.

QuotePeace be with you kyle,
I looked on chapters.indigo for metu neter and it was unavailable. You know where I can order this book from?

http://www.mediabreeze.com/tauienterprises/announcements/announcementboard.php

You can use my code (5159) to get a small discount, that goes for anyone interested in purchasing from this website.

savage_carrot

Peace all,

If you like graphic novels, please check out Joe Sacco, two of his very best imo:

1) Palestine
2) Safe Area Gorazade
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

salikahDC

Peace everyone:

Two books that I can't put down at the moment:

Woman:An intimate Geography
by Natalie Angier

Unequal Protection:   The rise of corporate dominance  and theft of human rights
by Thom Hartmann

I love them both! 8)

Jaxal

SaLaM All

I read a book by Michael Moore called Stupid White Men. Its was very funny and very interesting.
She Made Me See The World In A Grain Of Sand.
When The Only Choice You Have Left Is The Wrong One, It'S Not A Choice Anymore... It's Fate.

Noah

Jordan Maxwell  - that old time relegion

Carsten Neighbourg - Travel descriptions of arabia and the mohammadans anno 1700

just finnished the last one, its incredible. Its two books, each worth ca.1000 pages.

Elke

Peace,

an author i really like is John Irving.

Started long ago with "Life according to Garp" (has been filmed with Robin Williams as Garp). Also loved " the hotel new hampshire".

Right now am reading "a prayer for owen meany".

I just love the way he looks at life and appreciate his humour, but it's true that sometime i have to be "in the mood" for him, coz it's quite special.

LK

warda

Salam Elke, all

Quote from: "Elke"Peace,

an author i really like is John Irving.

Started long ago with "Life according to Garp" (has been filmed with Robin Williams as Garp). Also loved " the hotel new hampshire".

Right now am reading "a prayer for owen meany".

I just love the way he looks at life and appreciate his humour, but it's true that sometime i have to be "in the mood" for him, coz it's quite special.

LK

Oh, sounds good to me, maybe I should read John Irving next  :)

My last book I read was Kafka: The Trial. Quite a weird book where it's not always easy to follow  :?  But still it's amazing.
Then I read the letters Kafka wrote to his father but never gave him (I suppose it was better to do so). It reminded me sometimes of my own relationship with my parents. Very good and interesting to see how this famous genious Kafka felt and thought about his daddy and social structures in which he grew up.
For me the very best story of Kafkas is The Transformation (Metamorphosis) where the protagonist wakes up one morning and finds himself as a beetle. This is really terrific!! I heard that there exists a movie about that story, unfortunately I never saw it but I'd love to see it. I'd love to see how they show a human becoming a beetle....  Somebody of you saw this movie?

Salam
Warda