News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Video Game Talk

Started by Jaxal, November 06, 2005, 02:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth

I don't know whether I'd make big investments in PC hardware for gaming until the new consoles are out.

I gave up on PC gaming a long time ago when video cards and RAM only lasted 6-12 months for the latest games.

I've had a modded XBox for 3 years and it still works great and acts as a media centre too.

The newer consoles are going to be even better and will sport the latest generation high definition DVD drives etc; so will act like media centres out of the box.

But it sounds like you two are pretty hardcore when it comes to gaming. I've just bought Super Monkey Ball Deluxe and play it for an hour or two on the weekends.

Regards.

"the Knower of the Unseen, and He reveals unto none His secret,
Save unto a messenger whom He has chosen, and He made an affirmer before him and another follow him.

zenje

I'm PS2 all the way... that is until PS3 comes out. I got Tekken 5 and sometimes my son beats me... actually, I let him beat me, yeah thats it. I started playinf when PSX came out, and then for some reason I stopped. Maybe I'll get back into it sometime... maybe.
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

savage_carrot

Quote from: "truth"I don't know whether I'd make big investments in PC hardware for gaming until the new consoles are out.

The main reason why I want to upgrade the pc are majorly because rpgs are meant to be played on the pc, and because of the mods. On the 360 you will only have first tier mods available to you (xbox live) and all the others will be off limits. So that clinches the deal for me. Even fps games are harder without the mouse, except Halo 2 with somewhat auto targetting sys.

Quote from: "truth"The newer consoles are going to be even better and will sport the latest generation high definition DVD drives etc; so will act like media centres out of the box.

Yes, I look forward to buying a new hdtv, apparently I've been promised one... as long as someone doesn't renege on that or the 360 then I'm happier than I've been in, well quite some time :D Major reason for buying the 360 is Mass Effect as thats xbox exclusive.

Quote from: "truth"But it sounds like you two are pretty hardcore when it comes to gaming. I've just bought Super Monkey Ball Deluxe and play it for an hour or two on the weekends.

Super Monkey Ball, I haven't played it but my dad does, he's into games too, bigtime.

Quote from: "zenje"I'm PS2 all the way... that is until PS3 comes out. I got Tekken 5 and sometimes my son beats me... actually, I let him beat me, yeah thats it. I started playinf when PSX came out, and then for some reason I stopped. Maybe I'll get back into it sometime... maybe.

Yeah some people swear by Tekken...it's quite good, but I think people usually buy consoles due to the line up it's gonna have...though this time, things are getting hotter and exclusives are whats going to decide the ultimate deal.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Jaxal

She Made Me See The World In A Grain Of Sand.
When The Only Choice You Have Left Is The Wrong One, It'S Not A Choice Anymore... It's Fate.

Jaxal

SaLaM everyone

ROME TOTAL WAR : ISLAMIC CONQUEST

SC how good is your history skills? the maker of Rome Total War :Islamic Conquest are looking for people with good knowledhe of arab history so that the game can move faster into the development stage. Im gonna try to help too. IF anyone else wants to help, just go to the RTW:IC and follow the link to the forum for that mod
When The Only Choice You Have Left Is The Wrong One, It'S Not A Choice Anymore... It's Fate.

zenje

I just saw an xbox 360 in action at CompUSA a couple of days ago, and I was totally blown away at the graphics. :shock: They've already been sold out in most stores before the actual release next week. Walmart advertised the console alone @ $299. the bundles are currently being auctioned on ebay anywhere from $400 to $3000! :roll:

Xbox 360 The Omega Bundle 20 games plus tons accesories
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

Jaxal

SaLaM everyone

CALL OF DUTY 2

I was just playing COD 2. Brilliant game. unfortunately nothing big has been added to it to make it any different from COD 1. Only this time there is no health bar and you dont need health. The gameplay is pretty much the same. Still, i love COD multiplayer since its more challenging and fun. I was playing it and i came across something. Looks like hitler was sponsered by Pepsi LOOOOOOOLLLLL :rotfl

Zenje i have been checking out games for xbox 360 and one that has caught my eye was Condemned: Criminal Origins . I love one thing about consols. You always get quality performance from them.

Ming-Lo

I know it's mad old now, but I am still stuck on San Andreas....but I want that new Mortal Combat game SO BADLY! And it's another one I want but....just can't recall the name at the moment....Oh and tekkens rocks!
has anybody ever wondered if people like Buddha (or someone else), were actually like messengers of there time, but later on throught misunderstanding was turned into a thing of worship like how Jesus was?

Jaxal

SaLaM ming

Are you kidding me? GTA SA can never be old. I STILL havent finished it. Im waiting for the multiplayer mod to come out. IT was still in progress when i last checked. But im gonna take my time playing SA. It is one THE best games ever made.

Ming-Lo

I was like half way finished, and I went away for like 4 days on a trip to Toronto. Anyway, when I got back my Foster brother was staying in my room, and some how lost my memory card! I was so numb! I don't know if I'll ever finish now... :cry:
has anybody ever wondered if people like Buddha (or someone else), were actually like messengers of there time, but later on throught misunderstanding was turned into a thing of worship like how Jesus was?