News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Music Thread

Started by LoteTree, May 10, 2005, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoteTree

If you are into music then this thread is for you!

So what type of music you are all into?

Anyone into David Bowie? Sting? REM?

or Classical music like Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Rachmaninov?

My view of music: music touches something deep inside us and we respond to it without understanding why. It can move us to tears or fill our hearts with joy. It can uplift and inspire us and make us forget for a while the harshness of the world...

What are your thoughts on music?...

natu

Quote from: "LoteTree"If you are into music then this thread is for you!

So what type of music you are all into?

Anyone into David Bowie? Sting? REM?

or Classical music like Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Rachmaninov?

My view of music: music touches something deep inside us and we respond to it without understanding why. It can move us to tears or fill our hearts with joy. It can uplift and inspire us and make us forget for a while the harshness of the world...

What are your thoughts on music?...

Peace LT

Well LoteTree - if you ask me - if music was edible I would live of that alone. That is my passion. I see that your into classical music. Well I myself am into something that I would call a heaven, and it can be experienced at this website...

www.robdougan.com - you can listen to his latest album (Furious Angels) here for free! - please give it a try!

Here is Rob Dougan...

Have you seen the matrix? - his music is in that and many other great films and he also works for the BBC. This man sings (Though it does take getting used to), composes his own classical stuff, and he does his own heavy beats - all in a one. If Muhammad was alive today, I'd like to think that he was Rob Dougan! Have a try and tell me what you think LT.

Thanks for listening.
Here' your iPod for free - Windows XP

LoteTree

Hello Natu,

Quote from: "Natu"
Well LoteTree - if you ask me - if music was edible I would live of that alone. That is my passion. I see that your into classical music. Well I myself am into something that I would call a heaven, and it can be experienced at this website...

You have a very original way of saying things! Thats great! :-) I understand the metaphor very well!

I like a variety of music (with few exceptions of course like rap though some certain rap songs have good melodies. Black Eyed Peas seems to be very keen on melodies than the rest) but classical music has been a great influence on me...

And I will check out Rob Dougan and he works for the BBC too?

....And yes I have seen all the matrix films. But my favourite will always be the first matrix for its sheer originality!... perhaps this is for another thread... :-)

Regards,

idolfree1

Peace be upon you,

Here's a sample of what I currently listen to...

Erykah Badu
Sade
Fela Kuti
Burning Spear
Capleton
Luciano (reggae)
Zero 7

natu

Peace LT

Quote from: "LoteTree"
I like a variety of music (with few exceptions of course like rap though some certain rap songs have good melodies. Black Eyed Peas seems to be very keen on melodies than the rest) but classical music has been a great influence on me...

I don't understand what they're saying in rap music, its like a foreign language to me - I think Eminem is a bit easier to understand, but to be honest, in my opinion, we all have enough fuss in our own lives, so I wouldn't bother listening to music to see what someone else is bangingon about. And yes, Black Eyed Peas did quite well with where is the love, I liked the message, but I thought it parts their lyrics were being written in a rush.

Quote from: "LoteTree"And I will check out Rob Dougan and he works for the BBC too?

From my reliable sources I have it that he does - apparently he is the one who has made the new background music for BBC news, (I'm not sure about that though, and yes he does work for the BBC. When you do check out his music, you will find that he has instrumental music on its own, he has instrumental music with heavy bass, and he also has music with his voice. I must say that I didn't reallt like his voice with the music when I began, but now I think it works with the mood quite well. Listen to the title track of the furious angels album, and watch carefully how his anger and frustration grows without you realising - this man is a genius. Thats all I have to say. Hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do.

Andya Primanda

Peace everyone

A sample of what I hear:

REM
U2
Roxette  :wink:
Deep Forest
Enigma
Kitaro
Sarah Brightman
Ayumi Hamasaki
Chitose Hajime
29:20
Say: 'Travel through the earth and see how Allah initiate creation!'

zenje

Quote from: "LoteTree"Anyone into David Bowie? Sting? REM?
Sting fan here! 8)  And Sade too, although she hasn't done something in a while, not that it matters, she's timeless. :D
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

Fahad

peace .
i think Micheal Jackson is the king of music . and i think U2 rocks . i also listen to pakistani pop and rock and also some indian sound tracks .

check out this website , if u wanna listen to pakistani music online . really cool .
http://muziq.net/

here is a list of some really good pakistani singers . u can listen to all their music on the website for free :

mekaal hassan band
vital signs
junaid jamshed
junoon
abrar ul haq
strings
najam sheraz
fuzon
aaroh
adnan sami
abaida parveen
nayyara noor
ahmed jehanzeb
sajjad ali
noori
ali noor
atif aslam
fakhir
nazia hassan
shuja haider
shehzad roy
nusrat fateh ali khan
alamgir

also checkout "mekaal hassan band" on http://muziq.net/showpage.php?page=album.php?artistid=176&albid=702 . cool new sufi/rock band .
check out their songs "darbari", "sajan" , "rabba" ,"wariz shah" and "sampooran" . I m hooked .
[url=http://takhlees.blogspot.com/]Takhlees[/url] - [url=http://www.takhlees.blogspot.com]www.takhlees.blogspot.com[/url]

natu

Quotei think Micheal Jackson is the king of music

Damn right Saladin!
At the moment, for me, he reigns alongside Rob Dougan and Bob Marley.

I share your passion for Michael Jackson's Music Saladin!

natu

And, what do you think of Raheem Shah's Urdu Stuff?

For example, his remake of "Awargi" in album "Saba Ru"?