News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Rhode Island?

Started by soul2squeeze, August 01, 2006, 09:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soul2squeeze

Peace Bro Phoenix

Aah sorry I misunderstood it then.  Yes we should all be encouraging good deeds around us with or without an "organized community". And many do that with or without the same belief system we share. It's just good to have that sense of community with others who share the same deen as well.  :)

Many of us are unmarried and are looking for God-Aloners to share their lives with. Alot of us are young folks who need an extra place to turn to for good times in a wholesome environment to meet with other people like them. Plenty of us are also older and would be able to tackle other issues we face today such as starting some good public relations, charity work for others around the world in need, working to build up a better physical environment we could all live in safely, partnering up with human rights orgs etc etc. There are so many good benefits that would come out of that. Sure we could do that on our own or in other people's organizations but why not make a name for ourselves? I see no harm in that.

But I definitely see your point and it's very valid. Just as it's not good enough to sit in front of a computer and assume that could substitute a real life community of people around us, the same point holds that it isn't good enough to create a community of believers and completely ignore our neighbors and schools and towns we physically live in. There's always that balance we need

Peace All

Lobster

`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

Themaninblack

Hi, I live in Rhode Island, and I am looking to make a place for Qur'an Aloners in RI to worship. I thought about taking a church and making it into a mosque or an office for the likeminded to gather and worship Allah. I was wondering if anybody was interested.

Salam.
Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.~Khalil Gibran.