News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Aidid Safar's Mental Bondage In the name of God

Started by Reborn23, September 28, 2011, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reborn23

Has anyone read the book 'Mental Bondage in the name of God' by Aidid Safar???

youssef4342

I thought i posted a post about it yesterday! (i still have 0 replys, maybe it's too early still)
I had questions about it too!
It completely goes against traditional islam!
It's deviance is like The "Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Koran"

In it salat becomes commitments
pig meat becomes decaying meat
as i said before My the Good lord God look upon this!  :&  :hypno:

Facebook Group
[url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/"]https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/[/url]

"Fear not those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

Reborn23

Deviance. welll. i wouldnt call this book deviant. look it's not like we're little kids and we would believe anything thrown at us. Because now that we are seeking the truth, we must use our faculties to verify and analyze the arguments. And this book, i must say, sounds very logical and makes complete sense. I even looked up the verses the author has quoted. I checked all of the verses about salat, hajj and other things he mentioned as mistranslated and I really gave it all some thought. And it's surprising yet true that his arguments are very logical. like for example I looked up the verses on salat he was talking about and I was shocked that at some of the places salat as ritual prayer didn't make sense at all. You have to keep the context in mind for that. We shouldn't really be too rigid to see things from a different perspective.

For example; We know that Abraham built the kaaba, and for that he must have had to actually get help from people in Makkah to build the kaaba, right? And if he did, the Arabs of Makkah must have been aquainted with Abraham. It won't be wrong to say that if Abraham built the kaaba, he would have been obligated to preach to the arabs, because it sounds very unlikely that he just went to Makkah, built the kaaba and went back to his homeland. But Quran says God never sent any messengers to Makkah before Prophet Muhammad, and that Arabs were a gentile race i.e. without any prior knowledge of God's scripture. 

Another example, if Masjid is a mosque for Muslims, why is the same word (masjid) used in Quran in the context of other prophets like Moses? We have been told that the first Mosque was built by Prophet Muhammad himself after 12 years of his prophethood. So what are those masjids God is talking about at other places in Quran? Sure masjid must mean something else than a physical mosque.

There are many other examples that make perfect sense if you really think analytically.

I think it's a must read. You are free to put it in the trash if it doesnt make sense to you anyway.

youssef4342

Peace & thanks for your reply!

This is all new to me. I just found out the book yesterday!  :hmm
I am praying 3 prayers a day, and was questioning the 2 prayer a day theory, and then the mental bondage came up, where there are no ritual prayers!
(I mean i moved from 5 salats a day traditional islam, to submitter's 5 a day, to 3 salats a day)
and now there is this new interpretation where there are no salats?

here is  Edip Yuksel's view
http://www.yuksel.org/e/religion/arab.htm

May the lord God guide us to the correct path!  :hypno:

Facebook Group
[url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/"]https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/[/url]

"Fear not those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

KDC501

Quote from: Reborn23 on September 28, 2011, 11:39:01 AM
Deviance. welll. i wouldnt call this book deviant. look it's not like we're little kids and we would believe anything thrown at us. Because now that we are seeking the truth, we must use our faculties to verify and analyze the arguments. And this book, i must say, sounds very logical and makes complete sense. I even looked up the verses the author has quoted. I checked all of the verses about salat, hajj and other things he mentioned as mistranslated and I really gave it all some thought. And it's surprising yet true that his arguments are very logical. like for example I looked up the verses on salat he was talking about and I was shocked that at some of the places salat as ritual prayer didn't make sense at all. You have to keep the context in mind for that. We shouldn't really be too rigid to see things from a different perspective.

For example; We know that Abraham built the kaaba, and for that he must have had to actually get help from people in Makkah to build the kaaba, right? And if he did, the Arabs of Makkah must have been aquainted with Abraham. It won't be wrong to say that if Abraham built the kaaba, he would have been obligated to preach to the arabs, because it sounds very unlikely that he just went to Makkah, built the kaaba and went back to his homeland. But Quran says God never sent any messengers to Makkah before Prophet Muhammad, and that Arabs were a gentile race i.e. without any prior knowledge of God's scripture. 

Another example, if Masjid is a mosque for Muslims, why is the same word (masjid) used in Quran in the context of other prophets like Moses? We have been told that the first Mosque was built by Prophet Muhammad himself after 12 years of his prophethood. So what are those masjids God is talking about at other places in Quran? Sure masjid must mean something else than a physical mosque.

There are many other examples that make perfect sense if you really think analytically.

I think it's a must read. You are free to put it in the trash if it doesnt make sense to you anyway.

As a student of the previous scripture I can tell you without any doubt that Mecca is not the true place of pilgrimage and neither is it the place where the holy mosque resides. The true place of Abraham is in Jerusalem and NOT MECCA. It has been so for thousands of years and it did not change when Muhammad was a prophet. I personally believe that the Arabs distorted there history in order to revert back to there 'old pagan customs' with the exception as Muhammad as there 'new idol' and the Quran as there holy book.

Check out this tread  http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9602528.msg280312#msg280312 - Is Jerusalem the Qibla???

Scriptural Proofs in a nutshell....

2:144 We see the shifting of your face towards the sky; We will thus set for you a focal point that will be pleasing to you, "You shall set yourself towards the Restricted Temple; and wherever you may be, you shall all set yourselves towards it." Those who have been given the book know it is the truth from their Lord. God is not oblivious of what you do.

2:145 Even if you come to those who have been given the book with every sign, they will not follow your focal point, nor will you follow their focal point, nor will some of them even follow each other's focal point. If you were to follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, then you would be one of the wicked.

2:146 Those to whom We have given the book know it as they know their own children, and a group of them hides the truth while they know. (this verse is in reference to the People of the Book(the Jews and Christians) The Jews and the Christians are not familiar with Mecca as being the Place of Abraham)

10:94 If you are in doubt regarding what We have sent down to you, then ask those who have been studying the book from before you. The truth has come to you from your Lord, so do not be of those who doubt.

sura 11:73 They said, "Do you wonder at the decree of God? God's Compassion and Blessings are upon you O people of the sanctuary. He is Praiseworthy, Glorious." (This is when an angel appeared to Abraham and told him the news of a new born son and that which was to happen to Sodom and Gomorrah. Note the phrase "People of the Sanctuary")

3:96 The first house established for the public is the one in Bakka, blessed, and guidance for the worlds.

3:97 In it are clear signs: the place of Abraham. Whoever enters it will be secure. Pilgrimage to the sanctuary is a duty from God for the people who can afford a means to it. Whoever rejects, and then God has no need of the worlds.

Becca is  a place that resides in Jerusalem and it's a place that is well known by the Jews. 

Psalms 84:6 [Who] passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools. 7 They go from strength to strength, [every one of them] in Zion appeareth before God.[15]

95:1 By the fig and the olive. (olives grow in Jerusalem and not Mecca)
95:2 The mount of ages. (I believe this to be a referencer to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem)
95:3 This secure land.

There are many proofs in the Quran which leans more in favor of Jerusalem than Mecca as the Place of Abraham. You can read about it in "The Natural Republic" Chapter 18 "The Lost Legacy of Abraham"

I completely disagree with Abid Safar take on ritual practices. Salat , hajj and Fasting have existed as physical practices for centuries! If it did not change then, then why should it be changed now???

Peace,

Kevin

TAJ

Quote from: Reborn23 on September 28, 2011, 11:39:01 AM

The valley of mecca was not inhabited then. Ibrahim and his son Ismaeel,, alone built the cube/ka3bah.

youssef4342

Peace everyone!
I would like to add about the Jerusalem being the Qibla.
Facing The house of God in Jerusalem was favoured as a focal point (Qibla) in the bible
"And they shall? pray to You toward their land, which You gave to their fathers, the city that You have chosen, and the house which I have built for Your Name.? IKing 8:48
"...I will worship toward Your holy temple" (Psalms 5:7 NKJ)

Facebook Group

Kaiokenred

Aidid Safar's views to me are the most logical I've ever seen.
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

Wakas

Quote from: Kaiokenred on September 30, 2011, 04:11:02 PM
Aidid Safar's views to me are the most logical I've ever seen.

If by "most logical" you mean a work full of errors as well as good points, then yes "most logical" is apt.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Kaiokenred

?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha